Prediction Co Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope so! We need that 2019 form to then build through a few seasons.

Having said that - I still have Big Darcy up there with Brayshaw on leadership.
I think Swaggy will be in the leadership group for a long time but I don't see a captain in him, he has the passion and work ethic but not the diplomacy imo.

I think Swaggy will be in the leadership group for a long time but I don't see a captain in him, he has the passion and work ethic but not the diplomacy imo.

Possibly. There are great leaders from all personality types. Darcy has dragged a lot of players along to his off season trainer this off season. He gets along with Sandi incredibly well (that says something) and is hard working. I don't view him as behind andy in the leadership stakes. Having said that I would be happy if Andy is selected. I find it a little strange that no one was mentioning Darcy.

Way ahead of Pearce in what way? Yes Pearce needs to get on the field consistently but as a leader I don't think there's many at the club that rank higher than Pearce. Does all the right things at training when he can, says all the right things in the media, well respected by the playing group.

Way ahead of him in terms of becoming the next captain.

We cannot have a captain that plays so infrequently as Pearce. Leadership group = fine. Captain = not until he has shown durability, and at this stage by the time he has shown that Brayshaw or Darcy would already have been appointed.

Way ahead of Pearce in what way? Yes Pearce needs to get on the field consistently but as a leader I don't think there's many at the club that rank higher than Pearce. Does all the right things at training when he can, says all the right things in the media, well respected by the playing group.
Pearce would be vice captain now if he hadn't spent so much time injured.

Outside of Fyfe, Mundy, Pearce and Brayshaw no one at the club is even close to becoming our next captain. I think Brayshaw is too young atm but I'm sure some would disagree.

Pearce would be vice captain now if he hadn't spent so much time injured.

Outside of Fyfe, Mundy, Pearce and Brayshaw no one at the club is even close to becoming our next captain. I think Brayshaw is too young atm but I'm sure some would disagree.

Yes and we would have played finals in a couple of times since 2015 if Pearce and Tabs weren't perennially injured. My point is that the injuries rule Pearce out of the captaincy. He hasn't shown he can play enough and last season was nothing like his best consistently. I guess we will see who the players put in the leadership group.

There will be one definite change and imo there should be at least two changes

I know due to this season his stocks have dropped but I genuinely believe our beloved SonSon would be a great mentor. Not sure if captain would burden him too much, but would love for vice-captain to be bestowed upon him.

I know due to this season his stocks have dropped but I genuinely believe our beloved SonSon would be a great mentor. Not sure if captain would burden him too much, but would love for vice-captain to be bestowed upon him.
he and Barra effectively are the vice captains as it is, last two seasons whenever Fyfe's missed and Sonnny has played he's been captain in those games i think

With Fyfe’s shoulder stuffed, he could step down this year. Really don’t want Bradshaw being captain so soon in his career. Has to be Walters, if Mundy isn’t getting it.

No way will Walters be given the Captaincy, he slipped a couple of rungs, last season.

In the scenario that Fyfe stands down from the Captaincy ( I expect him to stay ), Master Mundy will be captain with Brayshaw shadowing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SonSon needs to start getting a kick rather than worrying about captaincy. Form poor last few years , we need him playing well.

Captains should be tall. So Pearce

Brayshaw can be that mythical 'spiritual leader'. Twas they sed about Ben cousins when judd was capo

Isn't the skipper decided by the players?
No hard decisions to be made then if that is the case.
I believe the hard decision was when Fyfe was made the skipper over Mundy.
Not sure that is even close to happening again.
I am happy that the players choose.
Democracy works best here in my opinion.
Certainly happy with their choices so far.
Its the only way really.
I definitely wouldnt leave it up to me...or you.

Serong acts more like the captain IMO
I think a co captaincy situation isn’t a terrible idea
Brayshaw more the head down follow my lead type
Serong the motivator and organiser

I am happy that the players choose.
Democracy works best here in my opinion.
Certainly happy with their choices so far.
Its the only way really.
I definitely wouldnt leave it up to me...or you.

Freo’s democracy in choosing captains is like the way Russia keeps electing Putin. Very fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back