Coach Coach most under pressure in 2020

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
John Longmire.

Sydney finished bottom 4 last year and their list doesnt look exciting. Reckon the SCG fortress will be conquered quite a few times by visiting teams this season, with Longmire sacked mid-season.
Rubbish, if he does get the sack he will 100 percent get a chance at another club.

Making finals 8 of 9 seasons in charge, completely regenerating the list while being consistently competitive during that time, I think he's got a fair idea on how to coach.

has the benefit of an odd shaped home ground. Won a flag with bombers team. Very average coach. But, good news for the rest of us if you guys still think like that.

Agree with you but Dimma is actually worse. Not being able to win a final for 8 years is pretty bad even when coupled with 2 premierships.

Yeah, one coach built from the ground up (Hardwick), while the other inherited a champion team (Scott) and has done nothing since. Keep drinking the Scott coolaid bro. It’s sweet and delicious. #scottyfrommarketing

Last edited:
Goodwin
Dees had been improving last 5yrs and couldn’t get the players right for the start of last year and it buggered up their season. He wants the contested game plan and now he’s got a sweet draw, I’m expecting top 6 finish but if they end up mid table this year they’ll know that if 2021 ends up ave again or worse it’s a rebuild.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Making finals 8 of 9 seasons in charge, completely regenerating the list while being consistently competitive during that time, I think he's got a fair idea on how to coach.
Cheers Chris.

HardcoreGeelongFan

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Kilda
has the benefit of an odd shaped home ground. Won a flag with bombers team. Very average coach. But, good news for the rest of us if you guys still think like that.

Yeah, one coach built from the ground up (Hardwick), while the other inherited a champion team (Scott) and has done nothing since. Keep drinking the Scott coolaid bro. It’s sweet and delicious.

Lol Scott came in and completely rebooted a team on the decline and a won a premiership. Dimma was completely useless and then Neil Balme arrived. Dimma wasn't the reason for the premiership unlike Scott

Other coaches all say Scott is the hardest to coach against. I can only assume that's still the case

Last edited:

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol Scott came in and completely rebooted a team on the decline and a won a premiership. Dimma was completely useless and then Neil Balme arrived. Dimma wasn't the reason for the premiership unlike Scott

Other coaches all say Scott is the hardest to coach against. I can only assume that's still the case

Geelong were not on the decline in 2010.
Dimma is proving to be a brilliant coach.

Scott is a good coach.... but he has had a great list at his disposal. He has won one preliminary final in a decade of top 6 finishes. It is starting to become a problem, surely.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Goodwin
Dees had been improving last 5yrs and couldn’t get the players right for the start of last year and it buggered up their season. He wants the contested game plan and now he’s got a sweet draw, I’m expecting top 6 finish but if they end up mid table this year they’ll know that if 2021 ends up ave again or worse it’s a rebuild.
They gradually recovered under paul roos from 2014-16. The fact they managed to survive let alone turn it around after the mark neeld era of 2012-3, is nothing short of a miracle.

Sure they were at 1st defensive under paul roos, but the rebuild and the gradual impovement was nothing short of amazing. They went from 4 wins to 7 wins to 10 wins under Paul Roos. Goodwins 1st year gave them 12 wins and 9th and could of got 8th spot and finals if a game or 2 fell their way.

They then got 5th spot in 2018 and won 2 finals to get a prelim final in perth. To show you how they improved from 2014 to 2018. In 2014, they averaged only 58 points in attack. by 2018, they went up to 104.5 points in attack.

They gradually recovered under paul roos from 2014-16. The fact they managed to survive let alone turn it around after the mark neeld era of 2012-3, is nothing short of a miracle.

Sure they were at 1st defensive under paul roos, but the rebuild and the gradual impovement was nothing short of amazing. They went from 4 wins to 7 wins to 10 wins under Paul Roos. Goodwins 1st year gave them 12 wins and 9th and could of got 8th spot and finals if a game or 2 fell their way.

They then got 5th spot in 2018 and won 2 finals to get a prelim final in perth. To show you how they improved from 2014 to 2018. In 2014, they averaged only 58 points in attack. by 2018, they went up to 104.5 points in attack.
Good post 👍
Another interesting point to average that score in 2018 to then have Petracca their leading goal kicker last year..there’s only one year between here and 1907 where there’s been a lower amount kicked in a season.
If good forwards don’t want to play there, he’s part of the reason why.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Good post 👍
Another interesting point to average that score in 2018 to then have Petracca their leading goal kicker last year..there’s only one year between here and 1907 where there’s been a lower amount kicked in a season.
If good forwards don’t want to play there, he’s part of the reason why.
Yeah it was a massive decline they got in 2019. As I said I told you how they averaging 104.5 points in attack. That dropped down to 71 points a game in attack last season

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Hinkley. Declared Port as contenders already, what a bone headed move to put even more pressure on yourselves.

Hinkley easily. He won’t see out the year.

Remember Peter Schwab in 2004 saying Hawthorn were contenders. Schwab lost his job at the end of July that year after several heavy losses.

Clay1885

Senior List
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Yeh his finals record definitely supports that theory

Back