Official Club Stuff Coaches box changes + SANFL Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

All for Buddha in main coaches box to work alongside. I see him coaching our club one day.
Perhaps Aaron Greaves as SANFL coach? He comes across very well. Heard good wraps on him too

Someone who is getting some attention as an astute assistant coach lately is Robert Harvey the St Kilda champion who is an assistant at Collingwood. Apparently he's very good at presenting alternative ideas to the senior coach in a measured way.

Maybe he would like to run his own team at the lower level and also assist the senior AFL coach.
Swap for Voss

Hmm obviously my mail is dubious then. Weird, wonder where that came from then.

Too be honest with you I'm not too sure, he interviewed with a few SAAFL clubs, and had a job as B Grade coach to have the A Grade job handed over at the end of this year, then the Eagles job came up
If he came from Trinity it is the same Scott Matthews that was on our list in '97 and '98

Buddah Hocking might get a promotion at the end of the year. Options for his replacement as senior coach of the Magpies may include Academy coach Mark Clayton, and development coaches Trent Hentschel and Jacob Surjan.

I'd go with Clayton or try and get Gotch from South Adelaide.

Send Voss to the SANFL - bring Buddah back into the AFL coaching box.

Carr for me is the obvious one to go. Our midfield was getting beaten in clearances last year, but White and Polec were fit, our fitness advantage was more obvious and oppositions hadn't figured out to the same degree how to stop our run. Time for him to move on.

Edwards either replaces Carr's midfield role or he goes. He's not a forward coach. We definitely need a senior assistant to help in the box. Voss isn't that guy by appearances this year. Hart is more non-match day by the look of it. We need a match day strategist.

Whats the point in keeping Hart? his job is to keep all the line coaches on the same page, but we have not once had a game where all lines played well and there was any resemblance of unity.
Greaves must not coach another minute with rucks, if he can turn Matt Lobbe into another Brent Renouf, with his only advantage being that Matt Lobbe has knees.
Carr, midfield output is not matching talent
Edwards, because forward line has been a massive issue for the last two years.
Start getting assistants who actually played in the lines which they coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know whether Bass is out of contract because Essendon didn't offer him one or because he just wants out of there?

Both I would suspect. Likely mutual.

Both I would suspect. Likely mutual.

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would drink Hird's koolaid.

Essendon get to keep living in their delusional fantasy world where they're obviously very comfortable, Bassett gets to retain his sanity, and we get a good assistant coach. Win/win/win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back