Coaches supplying ice to players in grassroots footy crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

I post on the can mostly. This is the kind of information people seek on a hot topic board.

Print and frame with haste, before I retire back into a default random partisan stance :D

Already on the study wall.

I bet Thomas Crapper got his ideas sitting on the can as well. ..... you could do worse. :thumbsu:

Already on the study wall.

I bet Thomas Crapper got his ideas sitting on the can as well. ..... you could do worse. :thumbsu:
I do agree with you and have no idea at all whether it is for the same reasons.

I care about doping in sport, but i probably care more about education. School sports have a lot to offer kids, as do amateur sports - outside of hard-core Olympic level / pro-whatever level. The introduction of drug testing changes the culture and dynamic so profoundly - from education to regulation and enforcement. It would be nothing short of a social disaster and would instantly sacrifice the positives of sport in a school program.

I seriously don't want to live in that world....

I do agree with you and have no idea at all whether it is for the same reasons.

I care about doping in sport, but i probably care more about education. School sports have a lot to offer kids, as do amateur sports - outside of hard-core Olympic level / pro-whatever level. The introduction of drug testing changes the culture and dynamic so profoundly - from education to regulation and enforcement. It would be nothing short of a social disaster and would instantly sacrifice the positives of sport in a school program.

I seriously don't want to live in that world....

Said it better than me, it is just CDF (common dog F%^&) just in case you thought CDF meant cumulative distribution function, catholic development fund or perhaps chief of defence force.

the prob with weed
is the chems its pumped full of in the hydro room
if its not flushed out prop in the last few weeks of growth all the s**t stays in there
this s**t is not good and imo is leading to some triggers in some people to lose the plot
steer clear of hte hydro stuff and go for some good old outdoor thats just been watered with h20

some of the hydro chems are being linked to brain tumors and all sorts now

source? :drunk:

Said it better than me, it is just CDF (common dog F%^&) just in case you thought CDF meant cumulative distribution function, catholic development fund or perhaps chief of defence force.
For mine, I like Catholic Development Fund. Sounds as if there could be a scandal, even if there totally isn't....

Somewhat related.

Hun today;
Story of an ice addict sentenced for the murder of a woman in South Australia.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...queline-franklin/story-fnii5yv7-1227280983619

(Darren) Collins was a state under-18 player and was drafted from Port Adelaide to Hawthorn in 1996 but never played a senior AFL match and returned to Adelaide.

His lawyer, Greg Mead SC, said Collins had been addicted to amphetamines since he was 13

If true, extraordinary that a guy could go through the elite system, not be identified as an ice user and be good enough to be drafted (at pick 64 in the ND).

As an aside another Port Adelaide (SANFL) player was taken 3 picks later in that draft; Byron Pickett.

Les Twentyman said on the radio this morning that he didn't know of anyone who'd kicked an ice addiction. If people are still stupid enough to dabble...

I know a Nurse who let 'her hair down' and used it once on an overseas trip. She has never used it again but said she thinks about using it again nearly every day. That in itself tells you about how easily it can get a hold of you. It is a shocker of a drug.

I knew a footy club that supplied pot as payment for games. Ah the good old days.

I know a Nurse who let 'her hair down' and used it once on an overseas trip. She has never used it again but said she thinks about using it again nearly every day. That in itself tells you about how easily it can get a hold of you. It is a shocker of a drug.
The first high is unrepeatable, owing to mechanism of action. The body doesn't build antibodies/tolerance, the pleasure receptors in your brain are permanently fried. Absolutely rubbish drug.

Has the story been substantiated? Heard an interview with an anonymous player during the week, but I'm always a bit skeptical of anonymous interviews.
this fable reminds me of the First Gulf War snopes conspiracy, when Washington got K-Street to seed stories about Saddam's forces throwing babies out of humidicribs in Kuwait maternity wards and the story was BS.

this, = BS i reckon

You would like to think the best education is to present people with the ingredients list for ice :(

what's to know? the recipe for meth is n-methyl-1-phenyl-propan-2-amine a stimulant developed to treat ADHD and Obesity, however the drug was unpopular with doctors due to its being neuro-toxic and its toxicity levels increasing in higher doses.

as with most synthetic drugs it was chemists that first found the alternative use for it, believe it or not the main risk of meth comes with its purity,the cleaner it is the worth it gets.

the street drug most users take is a combination of ephedrine or pseudo, red phosphorous and Iodine.
commonly because the raw ingredients are hard to come by especially in the amounts required, compounds to contain the chemicals such as flu tablets, pesticides and drain cleaner are obtained, the chemicals required are separated through a process of heating cooling and filtering with other chemicals before there used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the street drug most users take is a combination of ephedrine or pseudo, red phosphorous and Iodine.
commonly because the raw ingredients are hard to come by especially in the amounts required, compounds to contain the chemicals such as flu tablets, pesticides and drain cleaner are obtained, the chemicals required are separated through a process of heating cooling and filtering with other chemicals before there used.

I think you start telling people that a punch-drunk boxer with no science background is brewing meth in a bathtub from pesticide, herbicide, drain cleaner, brake fluid and hyrdochloric acid ... it should give you cause for pause.

I think you start telling people that a punch-drunk boxer with no science background is brewing meth in a bathtub from pesticide, herbicide, drain cleaner, brake fluid and hyrdochloric acid ... it should give you cause for pause.

and yet it doesn't. everyone knows what its made from, even if they don't know the exact chemicals they, know what its made from. nobody takes ice today not knowing its brewed up in some shed in Camden valley by a bloke who's praying he didn't over heat the phosphorous as he shakily opens the window to let the fumes out. they just don't care, it barely registers as they excitedly fumble for their lighter anticipating the hit.

as kurt russel said in interstate 60: some folks just wanna get high

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back