• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Mmmm Richmond won a flag and the McLelland trophy the following year and had the worst differential of any team in both seasons so not sure you are correct there.
I think every team could reduce the free kicks they give away, but it might be at an unnaceptable price to pressuring the ball carrier for example.

There's a difference between that and ill discipline giving away unnecessary free kicks and 50m penalties.

You'd be risking ridicule if you said the Tigers teams if the last couple of years was generally ill disciplined in my view.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
We had the same number of interstate wins as you guys in 2018
We won one out of 4, your record would have been more like one out of 11. Not that winning interstate or not made any difference to our season, over the last 4 or 5 years our record interstate is actually not bad.
We finished clear top with only one win interstate and eventually lost to.an MCG co tenant so as I said no real relevance to our season.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think every team could reduce the free kicks they give away, but it might be at an unnaceptable price to pressuring the ball carrier for example.

There's a difference between that and ill discipline giving away unnecessary free kicks and 50m penalties.

You'd be risking ridicule if you said the Tigers teams if the last couple of years was generally ill disciplined in my view.

I agree, although Dimma did make comment that we gave away to many at clearances, particularly centre clearances, which can prove costly and was often caused by not having a second ruck.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
We won one out of 4, your record would have been more like one out of 11. Not that winning interstate or not made any difference to our season, over the last 4 or 5 years our record interstate is actually not bad.
We finished clear top with only one win interstate and eventually lost to.an MCG co tenant so as I said no real relevance to our season.
You won 1 out of 5 and your win was against Gold Coast
It’s funny that people wearing there big v glasses point out the home games against interstate opposition we are blessed with but fail to realise we are the interstate opposition every second week
If we were undefeated in wa we would of scraped in to the 8
I think you guys were undefeated in vic and ended games clear on top can you see the difference
We also had one of the hardest draws upon reflection playing both grandfinalist twice and debut and put more games in to first year players then any other team So Ross has no residule pressure from last year and will only have pressure if we go backwards without circumstance

Man0gwaR74

All Australian
Oct 6, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Why don't Port and Geelong just swap Chris Scott and Ken Hinkley. Both teams need to add a new dimension to their game and both coaches appear to have taken these teams as far as they can.
Scott is the most likely to be under the pump early, I think. Cats have sold their future for the now. If it starts going pear-shaped early on, he'll be under a lot of pressure (externally).
Cats are so conservative they wont make a decision, though.
Every time Chris Scott's job comes under fire from supporters, the Cats go and extend his contract and that is what they did this year to a long term contract! CHRIS SCOTT NEEDS TO GO!

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
You won 1 out of 5 and your win was against Gold Coast
It’s funny that people wearing there big v glasses point out the home games against interstate opposition we are blessed with but fail to realise we are the interstate opposition every second week
If we were undefeated in wa we would of scraped in to the 8
I think you guys were undefeated in vic and ended games clear on top can you see the difference
We also had one of the hardest draws upon reflection playing both grandfinalist twice and debut and put more games in to first year players then any other team So Ross has no residule pressure from last year and will only have pressure if we go backwards without circumstance
We got lucky and avoided playing the reigning Premier at all which seems unfair, not to mention only playing teams that finished below us seems the WCE have also been given the same soft draw?

My point is what difference if we won interstate or not, after all we still beat all finalists during the year except the eventual Premier.

Last edited:

ToddaRools

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Smell the fear.

If Hardwick is gone by the end of the year, Buckley will follow the next year, after all he has copied everything else we have done, oh except win a flag:$

if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside thinking the pies have blatantly copied Richmond, the last 40 years of disappointment have really screwed you up, if you continue to believe we have copied your scrappy high risk appeal for a free style you are delusional. Just about every team plays the pressure game (think 2010 and the "forward press"). I love how everyone points out how many times we have been in the GF without winning, but id rather be playing in September than failing to make the finals year after year. Enjoy your brief rise to the top Richmond fans, im sure you will live of it for many years to come!

Apr 13, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

It's no different to those wearing WA/SA glasses banging on about clubs like Richmond & Collingwood getting so many games at the MCG but failing to realise that many are against other MCG tennants.

Back