MVP Coaches Votes 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously DONT RATE coaches votes one IOTA:mad:

With Rockliff tagging Gibbs, then surely Murphy's "opponent" was either Zorko or Beams...who got the 2 Best Players.

So bugger me how Murphy gets votes.

12 or 13 games now Murphy has got votes in. I'd concur with only about 7 or 8 of them off the top of my head. Bolts might just LOVE him, which means he remains Captain:(

On another point...the overall Leaderboard is singularly consisting of accumulating midfielder types. Worse than the Brownlow. The coaches set the game up for mids to get nothing under 30 accumulations, then reward them with votes for doing the basic accumulation.

Surely they meant Scott Selwood. Dangerfield. 3 votes for turning up. Pfft. As for Jordan Murdoch. It's a wonder anybody noticed him. He usually gets his possessions sitting amongst the spectators. A real boundary rider if you know what I mean.

Surely they meant Scott Selwood. Dangerfield. 3 votes for turning up. Pfft. As for Jordan Murdoch. It's a wonder anybody noticed him. He usually gets his possessions sitting amongst the spectators. A real boundary rider if you know what I mean.
One can only assume Chris Scott gave 3 votes to Dangerfield for taking Kreuzer out of the game, because he had next to no impact on the game otherwise.

With Rockliff tagging Gibbs, then surely Murphy's "opponent" was either Zorko or Beams...who got the 2 Best Players.

So bugger me how Murphy gets votes.

12 or 13 games now Murphy has got votes in. I'd concur with only about 7 or 8 of them off the top of my head. Bolts might just LOVE him, which means he remains Captain:(

On another point...the overall Leaderboard is singularly consisting of accumulating midfielder types. Worse than the Brownlow. The coaches set the game up for mids to get nothing under 30 accumulations, then reward them with votes for doing the basic accumulation.
worth re-quoting this post.
coaches votes smell of politics

RND 20 - Carlton v Essendon*

10 Dyson Heppell (Ess)
6 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Ess)
4 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
4 David Zaharakis (Ess)
2 Brendon Goddard (Ess)
2 Liam Jones (Carl)
2 Marc Murphy (Carl)
I'm not sure how Goddard got votes. His ability to kick the ball to Carlton players was elite. Maybe Bolts gave him two votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaderboard after Round 14:

View attachment 386167

Notes:

• Big Kreuz has stormed in to the clubhouse lead, only 5 votes off the comp top 10.
    • Comp top 10 is almost exclusively midfielders. The only KPP in top 10 are Kennedy & Rance (pretty much the best fwd and back in the game)
    • The popular choice as AA ruckman is Jacobs, who is currently on only 18 votes vs Kreuz's 38. Ryder is on 36...
  • Murph SUPER consistent. Polled in 10/13 matches
  • Gibbs in 3rd despite only polling in 3 matches. 28 votes in just 3 matches. When he plays well, he dominates
  • Jones has polled in his 2/3 matches - impressive
  • Cripps & Doc the only 'youngish' players with notable tallies
Do you have this updated for the full year?

Do you have this updated for the full year?

I don't have an updated one, but it's on my to do list. Then again, so is 'complete FY15 tax return'....

Props to therubbernub who posted the top 5 above. I'll probably crunch the numbers as well as I like to run a couple of extra stats.

I concur Larry....

Full leaderboard

upload_2017-9-5_17-14-11.png

Notes:
  • Muprhy and Kreuzer polled in ~2/3 of their matches
    • From what I can tell, only 1 opposition ruck scored votes against Kreuzer all year; Smith (Geel) scored 2 votes in round 19
  • Doc & Gibbs eq 3rd off notably few matches. In particular Gibbs; at an avg of almost 8 per match - when he played well he was basically BOG
  • Jones polled 4 times in just 12 matches played. Even though coaches are more aware than umpires, it's not easy to be noticed from FB
  • SPS only polled in 1 match, but what a match it was. His match against Coll announced his arrival as a star. And no better team to beat than Coll
    • When he polled, he polled more votes per match than Dusty or Dangerfield :)
  • Only 8 players polled in more than 1 match. So taking cameos out of the equation, a lot was done by a few this year (at least BOGs or near BOGS)
  • BUT....more than half of our players that scored votes were recuited in the last two years: SPS, Charlie, Plowman, Marchbank, Pickett, Wright, ASOS, Kerridge and sort of Jones

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-5_17-1-31.png
    upload_2017-9-5_17-1-31.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 6
I concur Larry....

Full leaderboard

View attachment 412072

Notes:
  • Muprhy and Kreuzer polled in ~2/3 of their matches
    • From what I can tell, only 1 opposition ruck scored votes against Kreuzer all year; Smith (Geel) scored 2 votes in round 19
  • Doc & Gibbs eq 3rd off notably few matches. In particular Gibbs; at an avg of almost 8 per match - when he played well he was basically BOG
  • Jones polled 4 times in just 12 matches played. Even though coaches are more aware than umpires, it's not easy to be noticed from FB
  • SPS only polled in 1 match, but what a match it was. His match against Coll announced his arrival as a star. And no better team to beat than Coll
    • When he polled, he polled more votes per match than Dusty or Dangerfield :)
  • Only 8 players polled in more than 1 match. So taking cameos out of the equation, a lot was done by a few this year (at least BOGs or near BOGS)
  • BUT....more than half of our players that scored votes were recuited in the last two years: SPS, Charlie, Plowman, Marchbank, Pickett, Wright, ASOS, Kerridge and sort of Jones
It supports my observation that our best six were as good as any I've seen over the journey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back