Toast Coaches Votes 2019

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Fyfe got 9 votes against the tigers! Pretty generous. I would have given BOG to MacIntosh personally, rarely do you see a guy smash his opponent so comprehensively.
All the rest of the votes went to Tigers players

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
So Fyfe got 9 votes against the tigers! Pretty generous. I would have given BOG to MacIntosh personally, rarely do you see a guy smash his opponent so comprehensively.

33 and 3 goals not enough for you?

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

you must have been at a different game to me. Coaches gave him 2 votes which is pretty accurate.

Tally Name
36 Fyfe
26 Mundy
21 Walters
11 Ryan
9 B Hill
9 A Pearce
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
3 Tucker
2 Langdon
2 Wilson
2 Hamling
1 Hogan

Mundy with his 4th game with votes. In all of 2016-2018 he only had 4 games each year where he got votes, with his tally this year higher than any of those other years. He is also 18th overall (Fyfe is 7th).

vs Brisbane
10 Bradley Hill (FRE)
7 Nathan Wilson (FRE)
5 Harris Andrews (BL)
5 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Luke Ryan (FRE)

Tally Name
36 Fyfe
26 Mundy
21 Walters
19 B Hill
14 Ryan
9 A Pearce
9 Wilson
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
3 Tucker
2 Langdon
2 Hamling
1 Hogan

Hill with the first full 10. Wilson with his second highest vote scoring game for us. Ryan first season with 3 voting games.

Fyfe gets nothing for 26 possies, 17 contested, 7 tackles and a goal. Tough crowd.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
vs Brisbane
Fyfe gets nothing for 26 possies, 17 contested, 7 tackles and a goal. Tough crowd.

I've always been a huge fan of Neale (and still happy seeing him do well at the Lions), but the poor fellow got schooled by Fyfe yesterday. Mundy was also awesome to have 12 clearances in a game and no votes. We are so very lucky to have Fyfe and Mundy. Our young team would be rudderless without those guys.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill didn’t even get a gig in the AFL Player Rating team of the week! Oli Florent was named on the wing instead :oops:

Yeah, that team of the week is simply based on AFL Player rating points. Florent & Scully, both named on the wings, got about 17 points & B.Hill 14 points for their games in Round 10.
I struggle with that AFL Player rating at times. According to it, Bontempelli was clearly best on ground in the WB vs NM game, yet he got no votes from either coach.

vs Brisbane
10 Bradley Hill (FRE)
7 Nathan Wilson (FRE)
5 Harris Andrews (BL)
5 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Luke Ryan (FRE)

Tally Name
36 Fyfe
26 Mundy
21 Walters
19 B Hill
14 Ryan
9 A Pearce
9 Wilson
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
3 Tucker
2 Langdon
2 Hamling
1 Hogan

Hill with the first full 10. Wilson with his second highest vote scoring game for us. Ryan first season with 3 voting games.

I'm sure he will get votes later in the season for that game.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill didn’t even get a gig in the AFL Player Rating team of the week! Oli Florent was named on the wing instead :oops:

The player rating system doesn't seem to like what Hill does. There was a game in 2017 where he smashed Essendon, had 37 disposals, 1 goal, 900 metres gained, 10 coaches votes, 2 brownlow votes. Yet the player ratings had him 6th worst on ground.

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The player rating system doesn't seem to like what Hill does. There was a game in 2017 where he smashed Essendon, had 37 disposals, 1 goal, 900 metres gained, 10 coaches votes, 2 brownlow votes. Yet the player ratings had him 6th worst on ground.
From memory i think it is heavily weighted to contested play (marks, possessions, clearances) and score involvements.

Back