Toast Coaches Votes 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is a near lock to poll for any game where we win and he gets over 25 possessions. Games he played that we won last year he averaged 2.6 votes per game.
I said pretty much that on the main board before the start of the season. If Fyfe plays in 10 wins he'll probably get 25+ votes. He also polls in losses (Tigers etc).

2nd highest votes per game all time. He is a shoe in to win another Charlie club form, injury and suspension permitting.

Votes

9 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
8 Bradley Hill (FRE)
4 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
4 Michael Walters (FRE)
2 Jeremy Howe (COLL)
2 Nathan Wilson (FRE)
1 Brayden Maynard (COLL)

Tally Name
45 Fyfe
27 B Hill
26 Mundy
25 Walters
14 Ryan
11 Wilson
9 A Pearce
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
3 Tucker
2 Langdon
2 Hamling
1 Hogan

Fyfe up to 6th overall. Walters' second highest season tally in the last few years (2017 38 votes). Total votes of 177 so far, in 2016 we totalled 183 - I think we're having a slightly better year.

Votes

9 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
8 Bradley Hill (FRE)
4 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
4 Michael Walters (FRE)
2 Jeremy Howe (COLL)
2 Nathan Wilson (FRE)
1 Brayden Maynard (COLL)

Tally Name
45 Fyfe
27 B Hill
26 Mundy
25 Walters
14 Ryan
11 Wilson
9 A Pearce
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
3 Tucker
2 Langdon
2 Hamling
1 Hogan

Fyfe up to 6th overall. Walters' second highest season tally in the last few years (2017 38 votes). Total votes of 177 so far, in 2016 we totalled 183 - I think we're having a slightly better year.
Noted superstar and barometer for the Pies, Maynard stiff to only get 1 vote.

Noted superstar and barometer for the Pies, Maynard stiff to only get 1 vote.
Is this a sarcastic take on that stupid 9 things we learned article, that had Maynard being close to AA squad. Of all the things to happen in that game, and the take they talk about is Maynard, who is no where near the AA squad

Votes for round 13:

10 Michael Walters (FRE)
8 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
5 Travis Boak (PORT)
3 Luke Ryan (FRE)
2 Ed Langdon (FRE)
2 Jesse Hogan (FRE)

Leaderboard:

69 Tim Kelly
62 Patrick Cripps
56 Ben Cunnington
53 Nat Fyfe
52 Travis Boak
49 Brodie Grundy
48 Brad Crouch
48 Patrick Dangerfield
46 Marcus Bontempelli
46 Max Gawn
44 Stephen Coniglio
44 Lachlan Neale
44 Luke Shuey
44 Tim Taranto
42 Gary Ablett
42 Scott Pendlebury
38 Elliot Yeo
36 Jeremy Cameron
36 Lachie Whitfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Votes for round 13:

10 Michael Walters (FRE)
8 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
5 Travis Boak (PORT)
3 Luke Ryan (FRE)
2 Ed Langdon (FRE)
2 Jesse Hogan (FRE)

Thought the young fellow from Port who kicked the 4 goals might have snuck in for a few votes. Game was up for grabs until late in the last quarter - only in hindsight we can see Port failed to score in the final quarter to our 3:4, but there was only a couple of kicks in it late after being a one point margin at 3/4 time.

Thought the young fellow from Port who kicked the 4 goals might have snuck in for a few votes. Game was up for grabs until late in the last quarter - only in hindsight we can see Port failed to score in the final quarter to our 3:4, but there was only a couple of kicks in it late after being a one point margin at 3/4 time.

Assume you mean Farrell, I like him a lot, had a good game, but not as important as the others listed there. Not as complete as Hogan even who kicked the 1 less goal but was more influential through the day.

Langdon (who I thought had a good game BTW, especially earlier) surprised me in the coaching votes, thought he might get pipped by RGray - he'd be the next Port player I'd put in.

7 Max Gawn (MELB)
7 Jack Viney (MELB)
6 Tom McDonald (MELB)
4 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
4 Bradley Hill (FRE)
1 Sam Frost (MELB)
1 Nat Fyfe (FRE)

Fyfe's second 1 vote game since 2016. The only other one was Geelong last year.
feels like those were the votes of the final quarter only

Votes vs Carlton

9 Ed Curnow (CARL) (rookie)
9 Marc Murphy (CARL) (pick 1)
3 Caleb Marchbank (CARL) (pick 6)
3 Nat Fyfe (FRE) (second round)
2 Sam Petrevski-Seton (CARL) (pick 6)
2 Samuel Walsh (CARL) (pick 1)
1 Connor Blakely (FRE) (second round)
1 Matthew Kreuzer (CARL) (pick 1)

As with last week Nat and 1 other Freo player the only ones in the votes.

Tally Name
57 Fyfe
35 Walters
31 B Hill
26 Mundy
17 Ryan
11 Wilson
9 A Pearce
7 Taberner
5 McCarthy
4 Langdon
3 Tucker
3 Hogan
2 Hamling
1 Blakely

Blakely's first votes since Carlton last year.

Kreuzer deserved more than that.
I feel it was about right. Curnow, Murphy, Walsh, Fyfe all deserved the votes they got. That leaves Marchbank (intercepting and rebound) and SPS (15 contested possessions) who both played very well.

Looking through stats, it was their midfield that won it (and not Kreuzer as I had thought at the game). We got pantsed by their mids and apart from Fyfe ours were all down on production.

I thought Kreuzer monster Darcy, particularly the last qtr!
Darcy is a competitor, but he's just a big baby at the moment

I thought Kreuzer monster Darcy, particularly the last qtr!
Darcy is a competitor, but he's just a big baby at the moment

I can't break down to qtr but Kreuzer only won 40.3% of hit outs, with only 9 HOTA (of 31). That is only just average (across AFL rucks). He also, only had 10 possies around the ground and not much else. Kreuzer won the ruck but statistically not as dominant as I thought. IMO, the other all deserved the votes they got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back