MVP Coaches votes for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprisingly, no votes for the Port game.

FREMANTLE v ESSENDON
10 Nathan Wilson (Frem)
8 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
4 Stephen Hill (Frem)
3 Alex Pearce (Frem)
2 Connor Blakely (Frem)
2 Matt Taberner (Frem)
1 Conor McKenna (Ess)

At this stage last year we had Hill with 1 vote as our only vote getter. Taberner a third of the way to last year's total (and a quarter to the year before). AP 3 times as many votes as the last 2 years combined.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Not surprisingly, no votes for the Port game.

FREMANTLE v ESSENDON
10 Nathan Wilson (Frem)
8 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
4 Stephen Hill (Frem)
3 Alex Pearce (Frem)
2 Connor Blakely (Frem)
2 Matt Taberner (Frem)
1 Conor McKenna (Ess)

At this stage last year we had Hill with 1 vote as our only vote getter. Taberner a third of the way to last year's total (and a quarter to the year before). AP 3 times as many votes as the last 2 years combined.

Quite interesting votes. Shows how coaches see the game differently. I thought it was hard to split, but both coaches gave votes to S Hill and so far only one person on the BigFooty forum has given him votes.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went to the game and made my votes in our thread already. Having seen the replay now, I'd have to agree Wilson was best on. Hill surprisingly high here and there's the lack of Ryan, but I guess it was a pretty tight fit for votes.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went to the game and made my votes in our thread already. Having seen the replay now, I'd have to agree Wilson was best on. Hill surprisingly high here and there's the lack of Ryan, but I guess it was a pretty tight fit for votes.

Wilson's kicking down the middle of the ground was sublime, kept his opponent quiet and killed them on the rebound.

Exactly what the team needed

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Worsfold in the post game press conference made some comments about their defenders rushing the ball into the forward line too quickly before their tall forwards could get back into a postion - and thus turned the ball over - and he mentioned Conor McKenna as someone still learning how to hold onto the ball and not just rush it forward.

I suppose its still possible that he gave him a vote along with those comments.

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Worsfold in the post game press conference made some comments about their defenders rushing the ball into the forward line too quickly before their tall forwards could get back into a postion - and thus turned the ball over - and he mentioned Conor McKenna as someone still learning how to hold onto the ball and not just rush it forward.

He did give McKenna one vote - mentioned it tonight on 3aw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

I don’t understand how SHill got in the votes. Gave away a goal at a critical time and over kicked at least one F50 entry under little pressure. I thought Mundy and Ryan would both rate ahead of him.

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t understand how SHill got in the votes. Gave away a goal at a critical time and over kicked at least one F50 entry under little pressure. I thought Mundy and Ryan would both rate ahead of him.
If our outside midfielders improved our kicking we’d be so much more dangerous moving inside 50 then constantly bombing it into a stationary target

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle

McKenna vote looks out of place, really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seems coaches are a little too obsessed with the winner of the game. We didn't win so easily that not a single opposition player deserved a vote IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back