Coach Coaching 2022

PandaG

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any speculation around who will be assistant coaching next year.
Seems the jungle drums are suggesting big changes..?
anyone happy to speculate.

Clarko would be a nice get for director of coaching or an assistant role in development. Even having Clarko helping with identifying good kids to draft and build around would be great.

Highly doubt that, another poor season next year by Ratts. You can probably back Clarko to be our coach in 2023

I read in an article this week Lennys name mentioned as an assistant to Ross at Carlton. Say it isn't so! If there's any truth to that, by god i hope our club cracks in with an offer.

U think they said McQualter as well. If they get the Blues a premiership before us I'll struggle to deal with it.

Posted this in another thread

Interestingly Brisbane only has Fagan under contract beyond this year. Might be a good idea to speak to a few of them about coming across in an assistant coaching role.

Some others who we could be sounding out;

Brent Reilly - Adelaide - out of contract
Matthew Wright - Adelaide - out of contract
Dale Tapping - Brisbane - out of contract
Jed Adcock - Brisbane - out of contract
Murray Davis - Brisbane - out of contract
Ben Hudson - Brisbane - out of contract
Mark Stone - Brisbane - out of contract
Scott Borlace - Brisbane - out of contract
Mitch Hahn - Brisbane - out of contract
Brent Stanton - Carlton - out of contract
Dale Amos - Carlton - out of contract
Robert Harvey - Collingwood - out of contract
Brenton Sanderson - Collingwood - out of contract
James Kelly - Essendon - no longer at the club
Matthew Knights - Geelong - out of contract
Corey Enright - Geelong - out of contract
Dean Solomon - Gold Coast - no longer at the club
Alistair Clarkson - Hawthorn - no longer at the club
Chris Newman - Hawthorn - out of contract
Michael Voss - Port Adelaide - out of contract
Justin Leppitsch - Richmond - no longer at the club

Our coaches that don't have deals yet are Ben McGlynn & Adam Skrobalak.

MickG88

Club Legend
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to see Shaun Burgoyne come into the fold, The guy is a legend and has worked with both Ratten and Roughead. His invaluable leadership he would bring is worth the discussion.

But otherwise, Justin Leppitsch is the guy we should be looking at. He has a segment with Whateley on SEN and he knows his football.

PandaG

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to see Shaun Burgoyne come into the fold, The guy is a legend and has worked with both Ratten and Roughead. His invaluable leadership he would bring is worth the discussion.

But otherwise, Justin Leppitsch is the guy we should be looking at. He has a segment with Whateley on SEN and he knows his football.
Agree with Leppitsch

his football knowledge and ability to motivate seems exactly what we need.

Leppa will be in demand, he is fantastic on SEN. Really clear communicator and knows his footy.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Surely we could find someone more credentialed than The Skrob to be in charge of the midfield

7b756ed6ba39cc6e907482027f426fd0

We get smashed in the clearances by bog average teams, just doesn't seem like there's a good collective strategy at centre stoppages

boulders

Senior List
Mar 12, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda’s high-performance chief Matt Hornsby and assistant coaches Aaron Hamill and Adam Skrobalak will depart in the wake of the Saints’ poor 2021 campaign.

Club sources said head physio Andrew Wallis was also leaving the club.

Back