Coaching and off-field staff thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football Pope

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Why is that other than him being an ex-Lion?
Rate him as a player and person and heard great things about his time in Norf.
Yep, good at his craft....

Initially signed as a development coach working with the club’s North Ballarat-affiliated players, he later moved into the AFL coaches box alongside Brad Scott.
Most recently, Drummond looked after the defenders and worked closely with the likes of Scott Thompson, Jamie Macmillan, Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant and Luke McDonald, and was instrumental in Majak Daw’s transition to defence.
//
“Josh has been an integral part of our football department, a vital resource for the players and a great support to Brad Scott and his fellow coaches,” Joyce said. “He has brought an invaluable amount of knowledge and experience to the club over the past six years.
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2018-08-28/drummond-departs-north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
The article mentioned he's done on a full-time basis, but I can see a guy that old whose gone through that much fully retiring with his list of achievements.
He is not that old, and I can see him more helping on a part time, consultancy basis that retiring cold turkey. Remember that before Sydney, he ran the Bears, and was an integral part of the birth of the Lions, right up to being in the top job for our first flags. Gotta be some residual interest there. I am sure Fagan and Noble would welcome him back as a "mentor" with open arms.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He is not that old, and I can see him more helping on a part time, consultancy basis that retiring cold turkey. Remember that before Sydney, he ran the Bears, and was an integral part of the birth of the Lions, right up to being in the top job for our first flags. Gotta be some residual interest there. I am sure Fagan and Noble would welcome him back as a "mentor" with open arms.
Now you've done it. :p

Top Bottom