Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the poster acted in this way, should the thread title be changed to humiliate him/her without giving them a right of reply? The mod has asked that we keep personal attacks outside but it reads like a personal attack to me. My previous post has suggested a more objective way of moderating/locking that thread.

Mods do need to be (and need to be perceived to be) impartial and objective.

Don't necessarily disagree but yes, when that poster acts like a pork chop they deserve to be called out for it.

Especially when that poster created the thread to personally attack a number of poster on this board for having a mildly different opinion. I mean, most people somewhat agreed with his stance however the poster clearly isn't capable of critical thinking and simply equates 'not wanting to immediately sack Simmo = Massive fan boi'.

Seriously, he's more than welcome to present his opinion but as soon as he started insulting others for not 100% agreeing with him he needed to be moved on.

Don't necessarily disagree but yes, when that poster acts like a pork chop they deserve to be called out for it.

Especially when that poster created the thread to personally attack a number of poster on this board for having a mildly different opinion. I mean, most people somewhat agreed with his stance however the poster clearly isn't capable of critical thinking and simply equates 'not wanting to immediately sack Simmo = Massive fan boi'.

Seriously, he's more than welcome to present his opinion but as soon as he started insulting others for not 100% agreeing with him he needed to be moved on.

Very much so. A ban on the poster with an accompanying reason, or a warning to change their behavior, would have been more transparent. No need to change the topic of the thread after locking it. It's just unnecessary.

And who are you to play judge? We live in a democracy, which means free speech.
If you can’t take being criticised don’t post in an open forum.

And now you are being a complete hypocrite by attacking me.

Pot - kettle - black.

Are you crying?
No, not at all. Just don't particularly enjoy being insulted for something which isn't even my opinion. If that particular poster had basic third grade understanding of written English then they would understand what I'd written, instead of drawing a completely different conclusion and then deciding to double-down on their stupidity.

Even if the poster acted in this way, should the thread title be changed to humiliate him/her without giving them a right of reply? The mod has asked that we keep personal attacks outside but it reads like a personal attack to me. My previous post has suggested a more objective way of moderating/locking that thread.

Mods do need to be (and need to be perceived to be) impartial and objective.
There’s plenty of people on here whose opinion I don’t agree with. There’s plenty of people throwing the toys out of the cot at the first sign which i find laughable. They don’t get banned or edited or anything like that. You’re allowed an opinion, as am I, and we can discuss them back and forth.

When your argument gets to the “wish you didn’t take so many drugs m8” and starting infantile threads, you get what you get. Nothing has been censored or edited in this thread, as I pointed out I’m even impressed with how on topic the discussion has been given the magnitude of the situation right now.

People don’t get a free pass to carry on, spam threads, or generally contribute to this not being a place of intelligent discussion just cause the boys are flat right now.

As for right of reply - he’ll get one once his day off for breaking board rules expire.

And who are you to play judge? We live in a democracy, which means free speech.
If you can’t take being criticised don’t post in an open forum.
Free speech means being able to voluntarily sign up to a free football forum and optionally post on there.

It doesn’t mean the rules you agreed to when you signed up don’t exist.

This isn’t a Simmo/non Simmo issue. If you can’t make your point without taking unreasonable pot shots, it’s not a point that needs making. The typical rule of play the ball, not the man.

can we all get back on topic now.

Free speech means being able to voluntarily sign up to a free football forum and optionally post on there.

It doesn’t mean the rules you agreed to when you signed up don’t exist.

This isn’t a Simmo/non Simmo issue. If you can’t make your point without taking unreasonable pot shots, it’s not a point that needs making. The typical rule of play the ball, not the man.

can we all get back on topic now.
Pretty obvious that this all started with Simmo's party. The guys who got invited have all moved on and what's left are the guys who didn't make the invite list back in the day. No wonder they don't want to play for him.

When your players consistently turn up not switched on, don’t put in 100% and do everything humanly possible to achieve the win then pretty much everything else just doesn’t matter.
Our guys are not putting in and trying their best, and as a former coach myself I know that is a clear sign the message is no longer getting through.
Watch Freo and Richmond today, two very undermanned sides but both sides just trying their absolute best. Not great footy but effort can’t be questioned.
We are questioning our clubs efforts way to often.
I know Simmo is the coach and he is not going to be replaced but I genuinely believe he has lost the group, all signs on how we apply ourselves pretty much confirms this for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When your players consistently turn up not switched on, don’t put in 100% and do everything humanly possible to achieve the win then pretty much everything else just doesn’t matter.
Our guys are not putting in and trying their best, and as a former coach myself I know that is a clear sign the message is no longer getting through.
Watch Freo and Richmond today, two very undermanned sides but both sides just trying their absolute best. Not great footy but effort can’t be questioned.
We are questioning our clubs efforts way to often.
I know Simmo is the coach and he is not going to be replaced but I genuinely believe he has lost the group, all signs on how we apply ourselves pretty much confirms this for me.
Been the case since we went to Qld after Rnd 1 last year. Just wimping. Simmo and Shuey set the scene - just soft. Its been a big slide ever since. They as our key leaders were there to do a job not complain about the hotel pillows. They failed and all is lost, its very hard to get it back.

Been the case since we went to Qld after Rnd 1 last year. Just wimping. Simmo and Shuey set the scene - just soft. Its been a big slide ever since. They as our key leaders were there to do a job not complain about the hotel pillows. They failed and all is lost, its very hard to get it back.
Round 1 2019, Brisbane away. Belted into the 2nd half.

On this occasion, it wasn't the raspberry cordial, but the dew.

Can't wait to see how they learn from the loss.
Honestly every single Simmo presser sounds almost identical after a loss.
Simmo should just play a tape or the club could play a pre-recorded video of Simmo talking.
Simmos pressers are just like Worsfolds crap by the end. Just straight batting standard quotes

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Simmos pressers are just like Worsfolds crap by the end. Just straight batting standard quotes

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Press conferences are a joke across the league. As there is no independent media the hard questions are not asked and are not allowed to be asked, it’s all about just keeping everyone happy and letting people know they are trying.

Someone like Connor West comes I and just be totally confused at the lack of effort by his team mates.
he is probably thinking, get a contract and then I can cruise and not get criticism from the media.

Ok, I think we need to think “outside the box” here

We can address the coach q, and at the same time the govs paypacket and form all at the same time

We say thanks to Simmo for 2018 and goodbye

We then make the gov captain/ coach/ ruck
Kinda like g moss at Claremont back in the day

Gov gets the same pay he’s on now, but he’s now also coach captain and main ruck

This will free us up cash wise :thumbsupemoji:

With gov rucking, reading the play and directing from the centre
Straightens us up

And nicnat in a forward pocket ruck role
( bonus being it prolongs his career, and he’s a dangerous tap ruck in the forward line)

With some of the cash saved we send a scout to japan for a promising young apprentice sumo wrestler. Sumo to play a ploddus like role
Train him up to ploddus standard kicking and running (2-4 weeks, give or take..)
And have him in the middle putting the fear of god into the opposition

I’m pretty sure this would work, we just need to act quick before all the quaccine injuries hit etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back