Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously fair to say negotiations for these two appointments started some time ago and have only been confirmed once their two clubs have been eliminated from finals. The Schofield appointment was floated a couple of weeks ago but Knights only popped up on Sunday

With the previous news that Hickmott and Graham were leaving I had a slight concern that there was little news about what we were doing for replacements given that pair were the best credentialed of our assistants.

Clearly we were working in the background to secure two more than capable additions and listening to Simpson on AFL360 there’s a desire to improve as you would expect after a failed season

It’s a positive development
Scofield is a great addition will bring the toughness a few need also very sound tacticaly.Hickmont is a loss, a was well respected by the playing group.The loss of Graham is a massive bonus he is the most overrated assistant coach in the AFL.If you look closely each of the areas he has had responsibility for they have seriously declined .Not sure why he ever got promoted from East Perth as he ruined that team in one season.Being a yes man can only get you so far.

Nice appointments but we cant wave away the spectacular failure in the time this took to be done. We wasted a year and a extremely important one at that

Bloody hell cant you post on any West Coast topic without your usual predisposition for negativity, raising its ugly head.

Fair dinkum ..... maybe your following the wrong team, perhaps a bath in all things purple might be a more appropriate, deserving calling and better fit for your unhappy, downtrodden personality.

Your miserable tedious negativity reminded me of that old one liner that goes .... something- something about:

“being as welcome as a fart in an elevator .”

Bloody hell cant you post on any West Coast topic without your usual predisposition for negativity, raising its ugly head.

Fair dinkum ..... maybe your following the wrong team, perhaps a bath in all things purple might be a more appropriate, deserving calling and better fit for your unhappy, downtrodden personality.

Your miserable tedious negativity reminded me of that old one liner that goes .... something- something about:

“being as welcome as a fart in an elevator .”

Its the worst season we have had in in a decade

I cant sit here and polish a turd for everyone. It was a abysmal failure beyond anything before it.

Even worse then 2010 now I think long and hard about it. Rolling over and accepting mediocrity isnt something Eagles should be about

Perhaps if you want to accept mediocrity all things purple might be more appropriate

I cant sit here and polish a turd for everyone. It was a abysmal failure beyond anything before it.

Even worse then 2010 now I think long and hard about it. Rolling over and accepting mediocrity isnt something Eagles should be about

Perhaps if you want to accept mediocrity all things purple might be more appropriate

Perhaps it is possible to not accept mediocrity and also not come across as flog every time you post. You should try that.

Like others have alluded to, I am concerned that the two assistants we have just appointed both come from teams that were embarrassed in their midfields in the finals.
are they up to speed with what is required to either contain the swarming sides or stop a run on?
Clarko did a job on the bulldogs, would be more looking at him or his assistants.
We desperately need to learn structures around stoppages, and be able to handball Kerr-like to an outside player on the move.

Mmm guess we should have poached 2 Bottom 4 teams mid coaches.

plenty on here should just watch reruns of old grand finals or stick to watching Oprah Winfrey and avoid any factual talk of deplorable seasons and wasted opportunities and discussion on where improvements should come from. Becoming way to woke when you’re only allowed to post joy and happiness. Let’s give everyone a coaches award type crap

Perhaps it is possible to not accept mediocrity and also not come across as flog every time you post. You should try that.

Perhaps the abuse is coming in one direction and you are not opening your eyes to see it

Im not beiing a flog, im defending myself from abuse.

Big difference

These new assistants have been long long overdue. Im hoping for and expecting good results. Schofield in particular is a huge get considering his resume and our repeated attempts to get him beforehand and finally being successful.

plenty on here should just watch reruns of old grand finals or stick to watching Oprah Winfrey and avoid any factual talk of deplorable seasons and wasted opportunities and discussion on where improvements should come from. Becoming way to woke when you’re only allowed to post joy and happiness. Let’s give everyone a coaches award type crap

Just get a VPN mate, then you won't have to switch between accounts to quote yourself and give yourself likes, only need 2 devices.

Just stay on topic

Otherwise everyone will think you are a unintelligent knob
Your posting between accounts is identical, that or you're twins.

Stop trying to sound superior, because a lot of the stuff you claimed as 'inside knowledge' has been taken from other boards.

People will be happy to interact with you if you stop trying to lord over people every time you post. Instead, you come across as a complete twat who just bullshits constantly to make people think he's close to the club.

Newsflash - We're all anonymous plebs on the internet and nobody should believe anyone says at face value. I certainly don't, especially when it comes to the contradictory things you claim.

Shuey going in for exploratory tissue surgery because his hammies are so bad. Next minute, Shuey starts pre-season 2 months early because medicos changed their mind.

I mean come on, seriously?

Stop trying to sound superior, because a lot of the stuff you claimed as 'inside knowledge' has been taken from other boards.

People will be happy to interact with you if you stop trying to lord over people every time you post. Instead, you come across as a complete twat who just bullshits constantly to make people think he's close to the club.

Newsflash - We're all anonymous plebs on the internet and nobody should believe anyone says at face value. I certainly don't, especially when it comes to the contradictory things you claim.

Shuey going in for exploratory tissue surgery because his hammies are so bad. Next minute, Shuey starts pre-season 2 months early because medicos changed their mind.

Rubbish. First thing I posted recently was Brander isnt in talks with the club. Got told it was BS and a lie right of the bat. Posted 2 weeks later by AFL.COM.AU . I pointed out that your accusations were wrong and instead of aplogising you threw your toys out of the pram

We are all anonymous plebs for sure, but you can act civil still. Im trying to be, but the abuse is coming left right and centre and I do stand up for myself. Im weird that way

Medical opinions change. Hasnt this pandemic taught you that? I openly said like a week later, the medical team had a big change and we need to see what they do. They have asked him to do a slow and progressive pre season which wildly goes against our normal setup of the older guys returning in December. Does that not indicate change has been made? Or is that a magic coincidence?

Rubbish. First thing I posted recently was Brander isnt in talks with the club. Got told it was BS and a lie right of the bat. Posted 2 weeks later by AFL.COM.AU . I pointed out that your accusations were wrong and instead of aplogising you threw your toys out of the pram

We are all anonymous plebs for sure, but you can act civil still. Im trying to be, but the abuse is coming left right and centre and I do stand up for myself. Im weird that way

Medical opinions change. Hasnt this pandemic taught you that? I openly said like a week later, the medical team had a big change and we need to see what they do. They have asked him to do a slow and progressive pre season which wildly goes against our normal setup of the older guys returning in December. Does that not indicate change has been made? Or is that a magic coincidence?
From what I can see, you stated that Brander refused to even talk to the club on August 20th, Nathan Schmook said talks had basically stopped on August 3rd on Triple M. No offence but you 'breaking the news' 17 days after Nathan Schmook basically said talks had stopped isn't exactly ground-breaking. There's been a number of contradictory articles, both before and after that time, stating negotiations were either underway, or yet to start.

Please post a pic of Brander's great aunt and we'll know you're legit ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hard believe that more than 1 person thinks you’re an ass clown. Couldn’t be possible could it

I’m not taking sides, but can we please go back to discussing the actual changes without the bickering about s**t that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Kthanxbai

From what I can gather, Matthew Knights joined Geelong in 2015, after coaching their VFL side (including a premiership in 2012). In his first year, they were 10th and missed finals. Subsequently they were 2nd, 2nd, 8th, 1st, 4th and 3rd, made 4 preliminary finals and the grand final. I know people have been taking the piss because they keep choking, but that's still a pretty good record. No idea how much Knights contributed, but you can imagine he would have to be pretty decent for Geelong to offer him the job after coaching the VFL side, and he must have been decent if Geelong kept him on contract for 6 years. I think it's fair to see he is more experienced and knowledge at 50 than he was at 38 when he took on the Essendon role.

Like others have alluded to, I am concerned that the two assistants we have just appointed both come from teams that were embarrassed in their midfields in the finals.
are they up to speed with what is required to either contain the swarming sides or stop a run on?
Clarko did a job on the bulldogs, would be more looking at him or his assistants.
We desperately need to learn structures around stoppages, and be able to handball Kerr-like to an outside player on the move.

Alternative perspective is that we poached two key assistants from prelim finalists.

I think that's actually a pretty big power move by the club. We didn't hire some recently retired player with minimal experience, or poached someone from a bottom side. We went after two highly rated assistants from premiership contending clubs.

Alternative perspective is that we poached two key assistants from prelim finalists.

I think that's actually a pretty big power move by the club. We didn't hire some recently retired player with minimal experience, or poached someone from a bottom side. We went after two highly rated assistants from premiership contending clubs.

A coach we have tried to sign twice before mind you. Huge move in the right direction

Heard a rumour that we are looking at Ash Hansen as an assistant. Could not be done for a couple of weeks...

Anyone heard anything on this. Rumour was not from anyone in the know.
Would be a great get if true.

VFL premiership coach and been in charge of the Bulldogs forwards and offensive system since 2017. Would be stoked if this was real.

Would be a great get if true.

VFL premiership coach and been in charge of the Bulldogs forwards and offensive system since 2017. Would be stoked if this was real.

Only if the Dogs win next week. We don’t want a coach from the losing grand finalist, he’ll just bring over the gameplan that obviously didn’t stand up under pressure.

Only if the Dogs win next week. We don’t want a coach from the losing grand finalist, he’ll just bring over the gameplan that obviously didn’t stand up under pressure.
Should've waited until after the grannie before trying to poach the assistant coaching team of the winner I guess.

Heard a rumour that we are looking at Ash Hansen as an assistant. Could not be done for a couple of weeks...

Anyone heard anything on this. Rumour was not from anyone in the know.

I'm conflicted tbh.

On one hand, he must've had a huge hand in Aaron Naughton's amazing performances as of late.

On the other hand, the rest of the Bulldogs' forward line is nothing to write home about considering most of their goals come from their mids I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back