List Mgmt. Coaching Changes for 2019 - Mattner, Wright, Godden IN; Francou, Kaesler, O'Keefe OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and I forgot to mention he played some handy SANFL/Amateur league footy.

don’t care about that, and as I showed has no bearing in his AFL experience and career progression

Unlike you I'll judge him on his work over the next couple of years before I rag him.

don’t be so precious princess, I’m not ragging in him, just pointing out he has no relevant footy experience to be out there bending the coaches ear

which you’ve confirmed

Craig Vozzo hadn't had a lot of AFL experience unless you consider lawyer/player manager counts before he landed the job at the Eagles as 1st their list manager and then General Manager of Football.

Justin Reid next in line?

The question is about what does that person have to offer chewing the ear of the coach who has plenty on his plate during a game. If it was someone who had a single coaching box credential it's understandable. But Kelly does not have a single coaching box credential at this level. Trigg had more having been an SANFL coach for 2 years. Gill McLachlan has more relevant and higher powered credentials to advise Nicks. I see this as another admin infestation into football ops and my view is that admin infestation is the reason that our culture and club is completely up the shitter. And until the Admin structure is dismantled and rebuilt, nothing at all will change. I see a big problem that Kelly with no credentials feels that he has anything to offer Nicks on game day. Any valuable tidbit can wait until the next week. Game day is about what the * is going wrong on the field and how the * do we fix it. Kelly, Fagan, Chapman and anyone else with a solely administrative background has nothing to offer in the small amount of time that the coaching group has to turn the s**t show around.

It is arguable that despite his absolute lack of experience in being involved in game day coaching at the level he still provides more than the rest of the coaching group combined, but that's more about a race to the bottom than considering that he has anything of value to offer.

Kelly is purely an admin guy.

Not sure if even played much, definitely hasn’t coached or done anything footy related at a significant level

bit like Fagan.
He played about 300 games in 1 of the Victorian country leagues. Strikes me more as being Fagan's replacement if he's any good judging by his cv

if I was Fagan, I’d want to sit in and listen; keep them honest and on the straight and narrow

And you'd drag your CFO in with you so you didn't miss anything when you needed a double espresso? I've no problems with Fagan in there, he sits on most, if not all committees. I question the value of him when the CFO also sits as does the non-football experienced chairman. The more conspiratorial might see that as something resembling a voting bloc or at least a strong influence in any genuine vote. Why would a football strategy committee be so geared to the purely admin side of the enterprise in and industry that has hard limits on spend in that area. Fagan and CFO both sit on list management as well.

I don't accept that anybody with the competency to sit on a committee can sit there and say nothing and also keep people honest. They're there for a reason and it's not to add to the richness of experience required to drive the direction of the football department. And I think there's enough evidence to suggest that them and whoever else exist on these 2 football committees, regardless of their own skills and brilliance, on a macro level, it's not working because our club is a failed club.

And I suspect that is why the review was limited to the football dept operations in isolation to its interaction with the club as a whole.

He played about 300 games in 1 of the Victorian country leagues. Strikes me more as being Fagan's replacement if he's any good judging by his cv
It might only be Vic Country footy but he has also had success as senior coach for Tyntynder in the Central Murray Football Netball League and also coached the Central Murray Football League Interleague Squad. I'll judge him on what he brings to the club over the next couple of years which doesn't look to be anyone's bed of roses if the current issues are an indicator.

You think a good time to do that is for 15 minutes during a game? That's a good time as far as you're concerned.

It's not hard to detect the Fagan/Kelly fanbois. They're both the same, walked into a club with no actual idea on the operation of an AFL club and magically inbibed all this knowledge. Fagan is balls deep in footy strategy and list management and now his little mate feels that he can bend Nicks' ear mid game for minutes at a time.

Kelly might become a very good GM of Footy, but reality is that he has nothing to offer to our senior coach, or any coach, during an actual game.

******* Fagan fanbois. NFI.
Have a listen to this epic flog

It might only be Vic Country footy but he has also had success as senior coach for Tyntynder in the Central Murray Football Netball League and also coached the Central Murray Football League Interleague Squad. I'll judge him on what he brings to the club over the next couple of years which doesn't look to be anyone's bed of roses if the current issues are an indicator.
Ahhh, you'll wake up the drunken poster.

what measures will you use to judge him?

"The guy was a GM of the SANFL for a decent period of time, he would've spent large portions of that communicating with coaches"

I'm sure he conversed with lots of coaches and other club people throughout that time. But how often do you think the GM of the league was involved in game day discussions with coaches regarding the performance of the coaches individually or as a group? Whatever improvements that he's noticed, using all his experience of coaching boxes on game day, should perhaps wait for a senior level review after the conclusion of the game. I think Nicks has enough on his plate during the game to worry about what some administrator with no game day experience has to say about how things could be going better.

Gill runs the AFL and prior to that he worked for the AFL, what value he in Nicks' coaching box and on game day?????????
Did anyone actually say he was involved in match day strategy etc...

Do everyone a favour and have a holiday from here if you're going to put so little effort into the discussion.

Did anyone actually say he was involved in match day strategy etc...

Do everyone a favour and have a holiday from here if you're going to put so little effort into the discussion.

I think it would be absolutely his job to be well apprised of what's going on in that area as Footy Ops Manager. He may not be key to developing such strategies, but I imagine he's sat in on a fair few match committees. He may be seen as a good sounding board for match committee.

I would also see Kelly's role as ensuring the coaches box and bench are working optimally. Given Nicks is a fresh coach, I imagine a lot of the discussion would be about ensure he has the right mix of coaches/support staff on the bench/in the coaches box.

Given both Nicks and Kelly are new to their roles at the club, both are outsiders to our club previously and both essentially tasked with turning this club around, I imagine this year may very well be a bout working out who they need to target and what needs setting up/changing in how the whole operation functions.

Given how they're in this together, it wouldn't surprise if they've developed a closer relationship than to others. Nicks may see Kelly as a valuable sounding board external to the coaching panel itself.

Essentially a case of "Geez we're getting pumped here Kells, Doc reckons we should do this, Goddsy reckons we should do that, I'm leaning towards doing this, what are your thoughts?" He's someone who would have a fair idea of what's going on, but given his different background, might have a different perspective which could be valuable.

Have a listen to this epic flog

Argue against any singular point you club endorsed flog. Who is your inside man? You’ve made reference to inside knowledge. Guess what, and as I’ve said before, given the s**t show that our club finds itself, Fagan’s words to you carry as much value as Trigg’s words to Jenny.

You’re literally valuing excuses from the very people that are responsible for where we find ourselves. And you swallow that s**t likes it’s chocolate. Good for you. It must be nice believing in something. As you do the AFC.

I think it would be absolutely his job to be well apprised of what's going on in that area as Footy Ops Manager. He may not be key to developing such strategies, but I imagine he's sat in on a fair few match committees. He may be seen as a good sounding board for match committee.

I would also see Kelly's role as ensuring the coaches box and bench are working optimally. Given Nicks is a fresh coach, I imagine a lot of the discussion would be about ensure he has the right mix of coaches/support staff on the bench/in the coaches box.

Given both Nicks and Kelly are new to their roles at the club, both are outsiders to our club previously and both essentially tasked with turning this club around, I imagine this year may very well be a bout working out who they need to target and what needs setting up/changing in how the whole operation functions.

Given how they're in this together, it wouldn't surprise if they've developed a closer relationship than to others. Nicks may see Kelly as a valuable sounding board external to the coaching panel itself.

Essentially a case of "Geez we're getting pumped here Kells, Doc reckons we should do this, Goddsy reckons we should do that, I'm leaning towards doing this, what are your thoughts?" He's someone who would have a fair idea of what's going on, but given his different background, might have a different perspective which could be valuable.

I doubt it. He hasn't sat on many match Committee's, He is there for his admin experience, nothing else. The discussion was probably about a player injury / fitness or something football admin related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it. He hasn't sat on many match Committee's, He is there for his admin experience, nothing else. The discussion was probably about a player injury / fitness or something football admin related.

He may not have sat on many match committee's in the past, doesn't mean he isn't now. His job is running the football department, part of that would be being well versed as to match day strategies. As I said, that's not saying he's there necessarily as a significant contributor, likely more so as an observer at this stage, but he needs to understand the strategies that the coaches are trying to put in place.

Argue against any singular point you club endorsed flog. Who is your inside man? You’ve made reference to inside knowledge. Guess what, and as I’ve said before, given the s**t show that our club finds itself, Fagan’s words to you carry as much value as Trigg’s words to Jenny.

You’re literally valuing excuses from the very people that are responsible for where we find ourselves. And you swallow that s**t likes it’s chocolate. Good for you. It must be nice believing in something. As you do the AFC.
You're arguing with me after I put forward the same arguments aa other people, you CANNOT accept you missed the point completely.

You're a very aggressive drunk aren't you.

You're arguing with me after I put forward the same arguments aa other people, you CANNOT accept you missed the point completely.

You're a very aggressive drunk aren't you.

Nope, you just can’t argue your point outside of your belief. That’s all you’ve been asked to do.

Who is your inside man? Are you Triggy‘s Jenny? Which of the league leading best within the 4 walls are you the mouthpiece for? I’ve been putting my own views on management since Trigg and I’ve not yet been wrong. You? I don’t care, you’re a rampant apologist, most members are like you. I want more and um prepared to put myself out there.

like it or not, I identified campo and Pyke and Trigg and Chapman. Which ***** did you go early on?

you‘re a follower, you have no ideas of your own that you’re prepared to put out there and argue. I hope that you’re not quite so insipid in your own Life.

Oh and I forgot to mention Vozzo played some handy SANFL/Amateur league footy.

Unlike you I'll judge Kelly on his work over the next couple of years before I rag him.
No one is ragging Kelly.

What was concerning is that our box is so bereft of quality, experienced support for Nicks that it appeared his sounding board during a game was Kelly who's not even in a coaching role.

Nicks may have found that - as of now - Kelly is his best person to bounce game day ideas off, which would help explain our play.

That's not saying that Kelly won't be good football manager for us.

No one is ragging Kelly.

What was concerning is that our box is so bereft of quality, experienced support for Nicks that it appeared his sounding board during a game was Kelly who's not even in a coaching role.

Nicks may have found that - as of now - Kelly is his best person to bounce game day ideas off, which would help explain our play.

1970 is, but then he rags everyone.

Nope, you just can’t argue your point outside of your belief. That’s all you’ve been asked to do.

Who is your inside man? Are you Triggy‘s Jenny? Which of the league leading best within the 4 walls are you the mouthpiece for? I’ve been putting my own views on management since Trigg and I’ve not yet been wrong. You? I don’t care, you’re a rampant apologist, most members are like you. I want more and um prepared to put myself out there.

like it or not, I identified campo and Pyke and Trigg and Chapman. Which fu****** did you go early on?

you‘re a follower, you have no ideas of your own that you’re prepared to put out there and argue. I hope that you’re not quite so insipid in your own Life.
Your first sentence is so ironic......

You need serious help.

No one is ragging Kelly.

You know this is what's happening with certainty or are you surmising that's what's taking place?

You know this is what's happening with certainty or are you surmising that's what's taking place?
I think it's an assumption.

I'd suggest he would be talking about communication channels and how the coaches box is functioning.

But then I'm an apologist

Certain that it was Kelly that he was deep in conversation with during the telecast.

Whether that extends further...? Hopefully not

No one is ragging Kelly.

I reckon we need a transcript.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back