Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldn't say it's panic stations, but the club probably feels like it HAS to do something short of sacking some staff. I don't think it's a bad move. But if results do change favourably, was it the changes to staff structure or was it the injured players coming back or the more favourable part of our draw? I think what most of us want to see is what changes onfield to our ball movement and forward entries with potentially some experimenting to where players are on the field such as Fritsch forward etc.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why we picked Rooke to be our forward coach is truly a mystery. He played as a backman and then had 4 years as a development coach at the Suns, over a period where they were totally s**t. It’s hard to see why we picked him up and harder to see why we thought he’d be a good forward line coach. Absolute amateur hour.

Why we picked Rooke to be our forward coach is truly a mystery. He played as a backman and then had 4 years as a development coach at the Suns, over a period where they were totally ****. It’s hard to see why we picked him up and harder to see why we thought he’d be a good forward line coach. Absolute amateur hour.

Like so many of our coaching appointments he was in the bin at the checkouts with stuff like passed used-by date chocolates and little-known 1970s spaghetti western DVDs and someone thought, "What's the worst that can happen?"

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely love seeing this. Get on the front foot, experiment, look at alternatives. Sure the season is done so we’d might as well look at a change to get something happening that might work and also give us a platform for 2020.

Absolutely thrilled with Misson departing. Hopefully this facilitates some changes for our group that are positive.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Like so many of our coaching appointments he was in the bin at the checkouts with stuff like passed used-by date chocolates and little-known 1970s spaghetti western DVDs and someone thought, "What's the worst that can happen?"
I’ve eaten some excellent used by date chocolates. It kind of has this white dusty look on top but is often very good.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn't say it's panic stations, but the club probably feels like it HAS to do something short of sacking some staff. I don't think it's a bad move. But if results do change favourably, was it the changes to staff structure or was it the injured players coming back or the more favourable part of our draw? I think what most of us want to see is what changes onfield to our ball movement and forward entries with potentially some experimenting to where players are on the field such as Fritsch forward etc.
Yeah I agree. We have to see a better transition and much better I50 entries. Once again we are going I50 so frequently but totally wasting our chances. It doesn’t help with out of form players but a differing viewpoint is critical.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely love seeing this. Get on the front foot, experiment, look at alternatives. Sure the season is done so we’d might as well look at a change to get something happening that might work and also give us a platform for 2020.

Absolutely thrilled with Misson departing. Hopefully this facilitates some changes for our group that are positive.

Yes, you're happy with Misson departing until the club announces Dr Kevorkian as our next head of the medical department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I’ve eaten some excellent used by date chocolates. It kind of has this white dusty look on top but is often very good.

Like when you would get those ration packs from the 1950s and the chocolate had the white film 1cm thick

For some reason the condensed milk always seemed fine

🤔

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Agree. It gets a bit of the “dog chocolates” look but can be an excellent buy for the thrifty. Just eat with your eyes closed.

In other news, I’ve just discovered that we have been drinking coffee for the last two days with a recalled milk product that may possibly carry E-coli. Nothing dramatic has happened so far but I’m getting drunk just in case so the negative symptoms will merge and I won’t know what is to blame.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree. It gets a bit of the “dog chocolates” look but can be an excellent buy for the thrifty. Just eat with your eyes closed.

In other news, I’ve just discovered that we have been drinking coffee for the last two days with a recalled milk product that may possibly carry E-coli. Nothing dramatic has happened so far but I’m getting drunk just in case so the negative symptoms will merge and I won’t know what is to blame.
Plus alcohol is an excellent antiseptic - medically speaking, you had no other option.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Yeah I heard about that yesterday. Nasty indeed. It was Paul’s and Rev wasn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back