(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
I always find it a little strange how assistants become highly rated by supporters. No one actually knows what the fu** any of them do. Neeld was highly rated, so was Bolton and they both turned out to be absolute ******* at being a coach. Pretty sure Teague was the forwards coach at Carlton and they couldn't kick a goal to save their lives, soon as he's the senior coach they haven't lost a game by more than a kick.

That being said, I'd love to have Sam Mitchell on board too.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I always find it a little strange how assistants become highly rated by supporters. No one actually knows what the fu** any of them do. Neeld was highly rated, so was Bolton and they both turned out to be absolute ******* at being a coach. Pretty sure Teague was the forwards coach at Carlton and they couldn't kick a goal to save their lives, soon as he's the senior coach they haven't lost a game by more than a kick.

That being said, I'd love to have Sam Mitchell on board too.
Unknown quantity - grass is greener quantity I suspect. They only come into play to be judged once a board/fan base/media manage to turf the senior coach - and by that point everyone thinks that any old flog is preferable.

I know what you mean though. Debates about lesser roles in our coaching structure I can’t weigh into at all. How would I know

stEdy

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The best was some bogus article late last year when we were playing good footy naming Craig Jennings as some whiz assistant coach that has "turned us around" or something - what's happened to that theory?

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The best was some bogus article late last year when we were playing good footy naming Craig Jennings as some whiz assistant coach that has "turned us around" or something - what's happened to that theory?
Yeah I’d forgotten that. He really got some press as the genius behind our short lived success.

I have no idea.

Top Bottom