Analysis Coaching discussion 2017

Word is that North have committed to paying Brad Scott his $800k salary in 2020 if he doesn't get another senior coaching gig.

So he has even less incentive to take a lower role.
Would love for someone else to give Goodwin a senior coaching gig

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We need our own back up caracella for when Goody inevitably gets the arse. Sam Mitchell anyone?

Just an assistant would do fine. West Coast's midfielders went up two notches when he went over there as a player / coach.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It's a good point. We'll probably one of those teams that loses their first game under a caretaker
Last time it happened I think ??? we won???

Neil Craig after we ditched Neeld - did we win the next week? I kind of remember but I’ve tried to forget so I’m no longer sure

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Last time it happened I think ??? we won???

Neil Craig after we ditched Neeld - did we win the next week? I kind of remember but I’ve tried to forget so I’m no longer sure
Lost to the Saints by 35, beat the Bulldogs by 3 points the week and lost every game Craig coached us thereafter.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Lost to the Saints by 35, beat the Bulldogs by 3 points the week and lost every game Craig coached us thereafter.
Ah. Thank you. I had a vague recollection that our dead cat bounced late. I like it. We’re Melbourne where myths are busted

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I always find it a little strange how assistants become highly rated by supporters. No one actually knows what the * any of them do. Neeld was highly rated, so was Bolton and they both turned out to be absolute dogshit at being a coach. Pretty sure Teague was the forwards coach at Carlton and they couldn't kick a goal to save their lives, soon as he's the senior coach they haven't lost a game by more than a kick.

That being said, I'd love to have Sam Mitchell on board too.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I always find it a little strange how assistants become highly rated by supporters. No one actually knows what the fu** any of them do. Neeld was highly rated, so was Bolton and they both turned out to be absolute ******* at being a coach. Pretty sure Teague was the forwards coach at Carlton and they couldn't kick a goal to save their lives, soon as he's the senior coach they haven't lost a game by more than a kick.

That being said, I'd love to have Sam Mitchell on board too.
Unknown quantity - grass is greener quantity I suspect. They only come into play to be judged once a board/fan base/media manage to turf the senior coach - and by that point everyone thinks that any old flog is preferable.

I know what you mean though. Debates about lesser roles in our coaching structure I can’t weigh into at all. How would I know

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The best was some bogus article late last year when we were playing good footy naming Craig Jennings as some whiz assistant coach that has "turned us around" or something - what's happened to that theory?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The best was some bogus article late last year when we were playing good footy naming Craig Jennings as some whiz assistant coach that has "turned us around" or something - what's happened to that theory?
Yeah I’d forgotten that. He really got some press as the genius behind our short lived success.

I have no idea.

Back