Coach Coaching Options

Remove this Banner Ad

Beveridge is so engrained in the club that when he is sacked the club will fall apart.
Good. Let it. We did this to ourselves with a board and football department who isn’t held accountable by the fans.

Clean house and start from scratch at this point. Pathetic nothing has changed in so long. Absolutely pathetic

I don’t actually care who we get. Promote Spangher to head coach. As long as Bevo leaves soon and takes his shitty, non-existent defensive approach with him because watching this is breaking me.

I hope the president gets a gig at the AFL.

We need someone with a spine in charge.
Hopefully she gets offered head of Disney Australia so she can’t do both that and president of the Dogs.

Get Peter back in, I know for a fact he’d get rid of Bevo right now if given the opportunity.

Hopefully she gets offered head of Disney Australia so she can’t do both that and president of the Dogs.

Get Peter back in, I know for a fact he’d get rid of Bevo right now if given the opportunity.

How can you be so sure?

You know, part of the reason why Bevo has so much power at the club is because Pete along with the board and footy manager let it happen. When Dalrymple left because Bevo overruled him, Pete publicly and very arrogantly bagged Dalrymple for leaving. He loves Bevo.

Need to go back to the good old days. 1960s and 1970s when footy, cricket and social clubs were openly at war with each other, coffers were empty, and presidents sold good players behind the coach's back to keep the lights on.

That'll sort out Bevo, KWW and all those over-paid primadonnas who can barely train between posting about their chai lattes on their socials, and their latest ink work, and playing Taylor Swift through their headsets to get into the groove before prancing around pretending to football.

Wouldn't have happened in my day, grrrrr!

(Not serious btw 😉)

Have been told today by someone amongst the Essendon ranks that the Dogs are sniffing around Gia for a coaching role next year, I'd put my money on it as forward coach.
Are the Dogs sniffing around or Gia. Maybe Spangho is getting a promotion and there's a vacancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been told today by someone amongst the Essendon ranks that the Dogs are sniffing around Gia for a coaching role next year, I'd put my money on it as forward coach.
This would be absolutely brilliant - gun coach, in charge of our exciting fwd line in 2015/16, VFL premiership. Would have liked his experience outside the club to be with a successful team but it was outside experience nonetheless.

Gun football brain

Signed a 2 year contract last year though so not sure

Dogs are sniffing around Gia to coach, meanwhile Hardwick is sniffing around support staff too, but nothing to do with coaching!

Haha, maybe this throwaway line isn't so much of a joke.

A chat group I'm part of, ex school mates, includes one who has worked at and with several AFL clubs in allied health. Told us last night one of his "industry" chat groups contained scuttlebutt recently that went something like this:

"A certain coach who has enjoyed home games at a beloved stadium for most of his tenure recently decided he'd like to see how his club's historical headquarters compared as a home ground. Apparently after a few seasons, the dimensions and surface of the smaller HQ weren't all they were cracked up to be, so the coach has been having some kick-to-kick at a different venue, more suburban."

Neither my "source" nor I are suggesting this is in any way connected to any pending announcements or pressers. Just an interesting rumour as an addendum to the past 24 hours.
(I am however expecting a job offer imminently from AFL "media"!)

images (60).jpeg

Dimma would be a great get in an assistant role.

Unlikely, but you never know. Still being involved in football with far less stress and responsibility could be appealing.

I like the Gia rumours too. Dimma and Gia, where do we sign?

One of the more interesting discussions about appointing coaches with experience v's those given their first opportunity is the trend of success towards given their first opportunity. Using 1990 the first official year of the AFL as a starting point through to 2006 as a mid point, 17 seasons coaches with experience won 8 of those premierships (Blight 2, Malthouse 2, Matthews 3 and Parkin 1)

From 2007 though to 2022 only 1 coach not coaching his club as their first coaching job, Malthouse, has won a premiership.

When Bev does move on why would you not be looking for a rookie coach when rookie coaches have won 18 of the last 19 flags and even this year the top 4 all have coaches where this is their first senior gig, in fact 7 of the top 8 are in the same boat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back