Analysis COACHING PRESSURE INDICATOR: Who is under fire & who is sitting pretty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma was under intense pressure at the start of 2017.

Brad or Chris?

Take your pick (said while pointing at a wall full of shovels).

Richardson must be under more pressure than Goodwin surely!

Simpson must be under more pressure than Longmire, Lyon, Hinkley.

Beveridge is under more pressure than the average punter realises. He's crankier now than ever before.

Brad Scott is going to up his own pressure rating all by himself.

Worsfold deserves more pressure but he won't listen to it anyway. There are pills for that anyway.

Last edited:
Without counting, around 14 teams need to make the 8 for their coach.

Spot on...(yeah, I counted). Only Brisbane, Cartoon, GC & #lolnorf don't require finals.

A couple of clubs were more in the 'finals would be nice but not essential' group (Us & Hawthorn) leaving 12 who apparently just have to make it...

It's really only Collingwood and Port coaches under the pump IMO. That article is horsesh*t.

Collingwood - 9.9999
Shame, would have liked a few more years of garbage from the shambles running the show down there.

Port - 9.5
If Port fail to fire - quite possible then surely Hinkley is done. Kocky will demand his head!

GWS - 6.5
Unlikely to get fired unless they bomb out of finals 1st week or before IMO

West Coast - 6
Don't think he'll get sacked and if they're travelling poorly at the half way mark then expect the tank to kick in.

Melb/Saints - 5.5
Both about the same. Close enough is probably good enough for these mediocre clubs. Anywhere around 9th - 11th will see them hang on as they were close to finals and will wheel out the usual excuses as to why they fell short.

Geelong - 5
It could all go wrong and the future looks bleak but the Cats don't want to face up to the truth just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really only Collingwood and Port coaches under the pump IMO. That article is horsesh*t.

Collingwood - 9.9999
Shame, would have liked a few more years of garbage from the shambles running the show down there.

Port - 9.5
If Port fail to fire - quite possible then surely Hinkley is done. Kocky will demand his head!

GWS - 6.5
Unlikely to get fired unless they bomb out of finals 1st week or before IMO

West Coast - 6
Don't think he'll get sacked and if they're travelling poorly at the half way mark then expect the tank to kick in.

Melb/Saints - 5.5
Both about the same. Close enough is probably good enough for these mediocre clubs. Anywhere around 9th - 11th will see them hang on as they were close to finals and will wheel out the usual excuses as to why they fell short.

Geelong - 5
It could all go wrong and the future looks bleak but the Cats don't want to face up to the truth just yet.

He likely isn't, but reckon Cameron should be.
I have an inkling they won't win a flag under him, but will hit pay-dirt once he goes and win three or four on end!

He likely isn't, but reckon Cameron should be.
I have an inkling they won't win a flag under him, but will hit pay-dirt once he goes and win three or four on end!

I don't think it's the coach. They've had a bad run with injuries and players constantly leaving.

They've made 2 pre lims in a row and just came up against an unstoppable force 2 years in a row

Richmond V GWS GF would be good.

I don't think it's the coach. They've had a bad run with injuries and players constantly leaving.

They've made 2 pre lims in a row and just came up against an unstoppable force 2 years in a row

Richmond V GWS GF would be good.

Very true. Their injuries last year would have crippled all teams (not that I was complaining, albeit I don't like seeing anyone injured).
They should be about ready to strike I reckon. Too much talent from top to bottom not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back