Remove this Banner Ad

Mistral

Draftee
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi All
New to bigfooty.

looking for a list junior private coaches in Victoria preferably around Cragieburn EPPING but happy to travel.

cheers

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
what could a private coach do that you couldn't you think?
Throw the ball to him, impart knowledge of reading the play, how to pay your position, positioning yourself, temperament, dedication, endurance, support, motivation...the list goes on as to what a coach can do...one on one or in a group. People are continuously looking for the edge. Even Fyfe has a personal/private coach - Greg Williams. Think again.

NorthernBastard

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not actually Richmond
Throw the ball to him, impart knowledge of reading the play, how to pay your position, positioning yourself, temperament, dedication, endurance, support, motivation...the list goes on as to what a coach can do...one on one or in a group. People are continuously looking for the edge. Even Fyfe has a personal/private coach - Greg Williams. Think again.
careful not to assume gender, footy is a game for all.

cptkirk

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2009
st kilda east
AFL Club
Sydney

A lot of those can be trained in a 1on1 setting but they each have a very limited time span before you need other players around you, teammates and opposition, to provide perception-action coupling which is what footy training severly lacks at most local levels.

Comparing Nat Fyfe to a 10yr old is a bit rich...

Mistral

Draftee
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Perfectly fine assumption to make unless you are one of the great offended and nit pick little things to pass your day.
All good he’s a boy lol
And have found a coach and learning a lot more then I could teach him and most importantly enjoying it.

Mistral

Draftee
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
completely different needs of both players but happy he's found someone - i just think that 1on1 training for footy is limited to technique work at most and then you need "chaos" around you from then on
Isn’t that what they get from team training?

cptkirk

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2009
st kilda east
AFL Club
Sydney
In most cases at ALL levels, unfortunately no

Too many cone to cone drills and nowhere enough game like training

1on1 training involves a lot of noise i.e. constant feedback, that provides no chance for the trainee to learn anything on their own which is where is where learning that actually sticks occur otherwise I'd have offered to train him but i just feel 1on1 training for footy is very limited for the trainee in most cases

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back