IMG_0547.PNG

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
We were going so well when Travis Auld was here last - the culture was great, training standards were great, we had Dicko and Harley setting great standards for the kids, no drug issues at all, the high performance area was the envy of all the clubs.

Seriously Travis Auld has been failing up the corporate ladder. If he comes back we are a shambles.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
The AFL is getting impatient
Suns desperately need on field success.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the time is now - it's go time.

Don't see Andrew Travis going affecting on-field success this year. Maybe the AFL are more unhappy about the money they are losing, which is somewhat related to on-field success.

LynchysMob

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We were going so well when Travis Auld was here last - the culture was great, training standards were great, we had Dicko and Harley setting great standards for the kids, no drug issues at all, the high performance area was the envy of all the clubs.

Seriously Travis Auld has been failing up the corporate ladder. If he comes back we are a shambles.
Aside from a timeline coinciding what evidence do you have for such a claim it was his doing? Seems very short sighted to say something like that. He's a CEO mate.

Also on what basis do you claim he's failing? He moved in to AFL HQ.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I assume having this go down now means we have a replacement already lined up? Surely this is not a bomb shell out of nowhere and Travis has blindsided us with a massive hole to fill. When he talked about now being a good time for him to step aside with the facilities done and everything it sounds like he and the board have been thinking over.

John Witheriff to make a comeback, this time as CEO anybody?? No? Yeah fair enough. :p

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Aside from a timeline coinciding what evidence do you have for such a claim it was his doing? Seems very short sighted to say something like that. He's a CEO mate.

I have tape recordings of meetings between Paul Little, Bomber and James Hird.... oops ;)

He was CEO and it all happened on his watch. When s**t *s up on your watch you don't come back for another crack... maybe we should re-hire Bluey now the club is back on track too. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to interview the bloke and understand his KPIs so I can only add up 1+1 and think it equals 2.

Let me flip the question and say what was his crowning achievement as CEO? Putting a new dunny in the demountables

LynchysMob

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I have tape recordings of meetings between Paul Little, Bomber and James Hird.... oops ;)

He was CEO and it all happened on his watch. When s**t ****s up on your watch you don't come back for another crack... maybe we should re-hire Bluey now the club is back on track too. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to interview the bloke and understand his KPIs so I can only add up 1+1 and think it equals 2.

Let me flip the question and say what was his crowning achievement as CEO? Putting a new dunny in the demountables
I wouldn't be asking me what he has achieved or whether he is good. I am in no position to comment on that as I know nothing of his internal work. Hence my stance on you making a strong comment on someone's work without knowing truly. He did climb up to the head office though which is an achievement on its own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Hammos tipping Mark evans to the Suns

Heres a write up about mark evans earlier this year about possibly joining the Hawks and what he has accomplished in the past

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...e/news-story/c5873723e8ce1215d13896aaffda9e86

View attachment 340766

We getting on back on the AFL by taking one of their guys?

I wonder how long this has been brewing behind the scenes if we already have a replacement to be announced today or in the next few days? Kept it under wraps pretty well. Especially with Travis going in the media regarding the China game a bit recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back