News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Even Primus? ******* seriously? Give our assistants one more year and Rocket won't be around at the end of their tenure either.

A good coach needs a great team around them and at the moment Rocket has about 1/3 of a strong team. If that's true, the board is even more of a joke than I thought.
I get the impression Rocket is doing everything.

Even Primus? ******* seriously? Give our assistants one more year and Rocket won't be around at the end of their tenure either.

A good coach needs a great team around them and at the moment Rocket has about 1/3 of a strong team. If that's true, the board is even more of a joke than I thought.

Hey, Primus is so good that he is ahead of the game. Making ruckmen jump before they can reach the ball?! REVOLUTIONARY!

Seriously though, we've got a couple of assistants/coaches that are alright quality but surely the board doesn't think that everything is fine and dandy, or that once players come back from injury it will magically push us into contention (half of them are leaving at the end of the year anyway). Rocket would surely know who he wants to keep and who he wants to bring in to replace our weak points. Whether or not he gets the backing of the board though is a different question.

Also, what about Choco Williams as an assistant? Got the can as head development coach at the tigers, but what about bringing him in as midfield coach/ assistant? Could do worse? Don't know if Rocket would like another old head around though, interfering with his style/teaching.

Can't speak to what's going on behind the scenes but can only imagine if Primus wasn't up to it he would be gone by now

Hey, Primus is so good that he is ahead of the game. Making ruckmen jump before they can reach the ball?! REVOLUTIONARY!

Seriously though, we've got a couple of assistants/coaches that are alright quality but surely the board doesn't think that everything is fine and dandy, or that once players come back from injury it will magically push us into contention (half of them are leaving at the end of the year anyway). Rocket would surely know who he wants to keep and who he wants to bring in to replace our weak points. Whether or not he gets the backing of the board though is a different question.

Also, what about Choco Williams as an assistant? Got the can as head development coach at the tigers, but what about bringing him in as midfield coach/ assistant? Could do worse? Don't know if Rocket would like another old head around though, interfering with his style/teaching.
Choco did wonders at Richmond turning Martin into a respectable human being. I think he would be a great get to continue building our culture up to AFL standard

Don't want anyone from Richmond! They're are a shambles on field and the coaches had a fair bit to do with that

Love when posters on bigfooty make definitive assumptions about the performance of assistant coaches when no one outside the inner sanctum has any ******* idea how good or bad they are.
The performance of assistant coaches is determined by the effectiveness and performance of the area in which they coach. Our rucks are ******* putrid, and Nicholls' development has well and truly stalled. Primus isn't a good coach, and it's not hard to see that.

On the other hand, I think Lovell is doing a great job with our defense players. I think we can all agree on that (and he's pretty well regarded in AFL circles too).

The performance of assistant coaches is determined by the effectiveness and performance of the area in which they coach. Our rucks are ******* putrid, and Nicholls' development has well and truly stalled. Primus isn't a good coach, and it's not hard to see that.

On the other hand, I think Lovell is doing a great job with our defense players. I think we can all agree on that (and he's pretty well regarded in AFL circles too).

I think our devolpment of young players in past 2 years has been good , so guys like Lappin , Raines etc doing good job , our forward line looked ok during season but last 4 games the structure was failing , below 50% eff rate with scoring last 4 games , midfield hard to judge.

yep, I think our backline is going to be our shining light especially once we start winning more than we lose on a consistent basis, you have to hand it to our guys in the back six who have been under the pump this year, Andy is doing a great job building a solid team back there

You can make broad observations about the performance but there's way too many variables to just definitively say a certain assistant coach is s**t. Just my opinion.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2016-11-07/max-rooke-departs-gold-coast

Interesting. Wasn't Rooke pretty well regarded? Could be a big loss. Malceski jumps straight into the role. I think Mal will go well in that role, assuming he teaches the players how to kick like he used to and not like what he dished up for us.

Still waiting on that big addition announcement. Surely whoever it is was started today?

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2016-11-07/max-rooke-departs-gold-coast

Interesting. Wasn't Rooke pretty well regarded? Could be a big loss. Malceski jumps straight into the role. I think Mal will go well in that role, assuming he teaches the players how to kick like he used to and not like what he dished up for us.

Still waiting on that big addition announcement. Surely whoever it is was started today?

So now the coaches are bailing as well??
What a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think being closer to your children is fair enough. It's not like he is playing especially when we have someone ready to replace him
Yeah but who is hiring these people?
Just seems silly that everyone whether it be player or coach needs to go back to Melbourne.

So now the coaches are bailing as well??
What a joke.

Heard the inside personal goss on Rooke last week - not that he was leaving but just what has happened with his family.

Apparently he is a pretty 'out there' individual and is not really wired to be a family man and when he relocated up to the coast for 6 weeks prior to his family coming up he loved the solitude so much that he didn't want to do the whole family thing anymore.

Has 3 young girls so it's a better reason that Gazza's

How ******* strange

The bloke stayed for 1 year, yet we've kept Primus on. Ugh.

so... that premiership winning captain we're supposedly getting. saw an article in the herald sun today about barry hall. he's keeping in shape, weighs 2kg more than he did in his playing days, and benches 175kg. would be great to have him as a coach, showing the guys how to do it in the gym haha.

so... that premiership winning captain we're supposedly getting. saw an article in the herald sun today about barry hall. he's keeping in shape, weighs 2kg more than he did in his playing days, and benches 175kg. would be great to have him as a coach, showing the guys how to do it in the gym haha.
I thought this bump would be the announcement :(

yeah I think its safe to say it Barry Hall, already has had a working relationship with Rocket, and is now in a relationship with Gold Coast girl Lauren Brant, who's family also own and operate the Gold Coast based BLK sportswear company

yeah I think its safe to say it Barry Hall, already has had a working relationship with Rocket, and is now in a relationship with Gold Coast girl Lauren Brant, who's family also own and operate the Gold Coast based BLK sportswear company
hmm yeah that all adds up hey. imagine nicholls after the barry hall training routine!

175kg bench press!?!? Thats like almost as much as I can do.... :cool: Seriously though, that is just crazy.

Anyway, does Hall actually have any coaching experience? I can only assume it would either be a development role or forwards coach, but I dont know what roles we have available? Unless we sent him to the academy kids to scare the s*** out of them and teach them how to gym.

Imagine 2MP learning under the tutelage of Hall! Would be a great mentor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back