News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Why

What do you see in him? From my point of view, dude is the biggest muppet in football
eh I dunno. I know he didn't write his own stuff, but I've always appreciated and agreed with most of his analysis. I just agree with the way he sees the game to a large extent.

And I'm very keen to see which coach Evans will bring in that will get Day, May, Hall, Ablett, Swallow, Hanley, Thompson, Matera, Ah Chee, Rischitelli all on the park for 23 rounds in 2018!

wenn871833-copy.jpg

Brad Scott has come in from $41 to $6 to coach Suns in the last 6 hours , that's a lot of money , a leak perhaps?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's $4.50 now
If it was a racehorse the stewards would already be making an inquiry

That's extraordinary movement

I should say as warning there was a similar crazy move early on for Bomber Thompson last time around when Bluey was punted.

Last edited:

You mean you don't have a coach but you're happy we just sacked our coach?
The Bizarro world of professional sports

We do have a coach, albeit in an interim position. What about Eade's departure are you going to miss? The massive losing streaks? Sean "This oblong shaped object sure looks menacing, I'll just kick it away with my eyes closed" Lemmens?

We do have a coach, albeit in an interim position. What about Eade's departure are you going to miss? The massive losing streaks? Sean "This oblong shaped object sure looks menacing, I'll just kick it away with my eyes closed" Lemmens?
you'd have to be joking yeah? he's completely changed the culture of the club. if you've had anything to do with footy clubs (and all good if you haven't, that's not your fault!) you'd understand the significance of that task.

question - given Rocket's success in turning around our culture, and given that this was imo his primary objective, what are the odds of this anyways being the plan? that is, bring in Rocket to sort our s**t out, then replace him with X when new coach and club are ready? maybe we've had our new coach locked in, in principle, for some time?

you'd have to be joking yeah? he's completely changed the culture of the club. if you've had anything to do with footy clubs (and all good if you haven't, that's not your fault!) you'd understand the significance of that task.

Fair play, but there is a middle ground between results on the football field and results off of the football field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unhappy with Eade being tossed but surely they have could have done it more amicably and not with three rounds to go and without a new coach waiting in mind? Eade got us on track and grateful for his term. He was never a long term option, though. IMO.

Not unhappy with Eade being tossed but surely they have could have done it more amicably and not with three rounds to go and without a new coach waiting in mind? Eade got us on track and grateful for his term. He was never a long term option, though. IMO.
He wasn't tossed anywhere. He was told contract would not be renewed in 2018 so he quit immediately after originally agreeing to coach the rest of the year.

question - given Rocket's success in turning around our culture, and given that this was imo his primary objective, what are the odds of this anyways being the plan? that is, bring in Rocket to sort our s**t out, then replace him with X when new coach and club are ready? maybe we've had our new coach locked in, in principle, for some time?

In theory, it would not have been a bad move.

But with the turnover of high end staff/board members who would have had a say in such a move, I don't think it would be the case.

Witheriff as chairman, Andrew Travis Auld had only just left as CEO and since then Andrew Travis has departed.

If it was Mark Evans and The Coch from the start, wouldn't put it past them. They do seem to work well together

Brenton Sanderson (coach) and Choco Williams (Senior Assistant).

Sando's tough but fair and Choco is good developing the younger kids (like he is at Richmond and did at GWS).

I believe the senior assissant needs to be good as the coach this year , need a good coach but a quailty senior assissant is needed as well.

Relax ya sacks. Jesus, just a figure of speech. My point was they shoulda just told him they weren't renewing his contract after the last round.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back