Coaching staff

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
At the bare minimum we need to be bringing in senior experience here. Looks like it is shaping up like that but very interested in seeing how our coaching structure looks next year.

Clarko needs to go back to 2004 and look at this like he looked at it then. This was a significant POD we have lost

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Tall Tales and True

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, West Ham Utd,
Baker was development coach & sometime asst @ Box Hill... teaching background (including football academy of sorts, I believe), plus Western Jets connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Who is Torin Baker and what did he/she do?
He was development coach, coached at TAC level for 6 years & played at werribee while Clarko was coach

Thanks to google ;) for making me sound like I know who he is
I could become an ITK poster with this sort of stuff:eek:

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
but it will if we are successful in our wish for a AFLW licence, need to plan around that.

Did Richmond drop their AFLW program altogether?
I know I’m in the minority here but I have absolutely no interest in woman’s football

If my Hawthorn membership price increases due to us having an AFLW side, I will not be happy

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Sorry to intrude, but how have you guys rated Burns’ work over the past three years? Seems to be a decent get as an assistant considering his experience in the industry, but would love to see how he’s generally rated :)

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry to intrude, but how have you guys rated Burns’ work over the past three years? Seems to be a decent get as an assistant considering his experience in the industry, but would love to see how he’s generally rated :)

He has the accolades and has served under two good systems (Collingwood/Hawthorn). But he was our forward coach for two years and our forwardline has been dysfunctional and he was our stoppages coach this year and we had a tendency to get destroyed at stoppages. It's obviously not all his fault but I'm not that sad to see him go.

Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos

I got a distinct feeling that Clarko didn't rate him. I know he's been highly regarded though and probably should be in the mix for a senior role soon.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
He has the accolades and has served under two good systems (Collingwood/Hawthorn). But he was our forward coach for two years and our forwardline has been dysfunctional and he was our stoppages coach this year and we had a tendency to get destroyed at stoppages. It's obviously not all his fault but I'm not that sad to see him go.
I got a distinct feeling that Clarko didn't rate him. I know he's been highly regarded though and probably should be in the mix for a senior role soon.
Fair points. He’s looking after our defence it seems so it might be something of a breath of fresh air for him, hopefully :)

Aug 23, 2009
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm sure there are posters on here who would have some inside knowledge but looking at it very simplistically… He left Collingwood and they improved. He was in charge of our forward line for a two year period where it was dysfunctional and oversaw our stoppages in a season where they were dysfunctional...

Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
I'm sure there are posters on here who would have some inside knowledge but looking at it very simplistically… He left Collingwood and they improved. He was in charge of our forward line for a two year period where it was dysfunctional and oversaw our stoppages in a season where they were dysfunctional...

It's a bit like John Barker. Great bloke apparently but leaves a trail of destruction behind him wherever he's coached.

Back