News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

wheres the guy who said the port Melb coach was going to join the GCS coaching panel to mentor Dew?? lol
I have no idea everything my source tells me is spot on. He told me Dew had the job a week before it was announced. I don't post a lot of his stuff because l keep thinking this will be the one that's wrong.
I'm just a rank amateur compared to Thurls64.

9debe5ebf81ee5dba3359efb2b146a7c.jpg

Great announcements imo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The dew Solomon combo should reap benefits for the club , both driven and want club to succeed and should give hard edge to playing group.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

word is that Stewies approach and game plan is going to be very different and not the outside running free flowing look we have been playing, the coaches who are staying are VERY excited by his vision and totally sold on what he is going to do and require of the players
One of the few things that gives me optimism for the near future. Dew would not have bided his time with regards to a coaching gig only to choose us, if he didn’t think our playing list was capable of implementing the game plan he wants to reap success. Very curious as to how we might look next year. Will players we’re used to seeing in certain positions get switched around? How will he improve our ability to hit targets? Our ability to stick tackles? Our ability to win contested ball? Who will be our first choice and second choice midfields? How is he going to make life easier for Lynch? Very intriguing stuff:)

Im thinking that is the case.. either way. I think we are on our way to a number 1 draft pick next year. I think we will improve though. thats the main thing.
I feel the club knows next year will be very difficult , and it is in essence a development year for the club.
A new coach a new game plan takes time to set in place. By giving all assistant coaches (except Soloman )one year contracts Dew is putting them on notice , much like his players - too be reviewed after he gets too know them better.
With less home games and more travel the Commonwealth games may actually be a blessing in disguise as teams continually on the road forge better bonds more quickly given that adversity and being alone as a team. Dew will be identifying the players that stand up playing away.
Most pundits think we'll get the spoon -but even if that's the case it doesn't need to be doom and gloom for the future if Dew can work out who can do what going forward.
Sure the Vic media will not be mentioning that we are continually on the road, have been kicked out of our facilities, training oval etc. They will focussing on our wins (or potential lack of them ) to headline their stories and our demise.
As a club and playing group we need ignore that S...t and continue to support , improve and get better.

I feel the club knows next year will be very difficult , and it is in essence a development year for the club.
A new coach a new game plan takes time to set in place. By giving all assistant coaches (except Soloman )one year contracts Dew is putting them on notice , much like his players - too be reviewed after he gets too know them better.
With less home games and more travel the Commonwealth games may actually be a blessing in disguise as teams continually on the road forge better bonds more quickly given that adversity and being alone as a team. Dew will be identifying the players that stand up playing away.
Most pundits think we'll get the spoon -but even if that's the case it doesn't need to be doom and gloom for the future if Dew can work out who can do what going forward.
Sure the Vic media will not be mentioning that we are continually on the road, have been kicked out of our facilities, training oval etc. They will focussing on our wins (or potential lack of them ) to headline their stories and our demise.
As a club and playing group we need ignore that S...t and continue to support , improve and get better.

I can't agree with this enough :thumbsu:

Hi Suns fans..
Did i hear that the Suns assistants received one year extensions?

Lappin. Coached at Carlton and Collingwood. Stuffed both forward lines.

Primas was a dreadful ruck coach.
Then received a senior coach position. (You will have to ask Port fans about him. I think one name bandied around was Matthew Primate)

My point is?
Is it not time to clean the decks?

Hi Suns fans..

Then received a senior coach position. (You will have to ask Port fans about him. I think one name bandied around was Matthew Primate)

My point is?
Lappin is gone. Primus 1 year deal totally agree with you should have been shown the door he's IMO useless.

Hi Suns fans..

My point is?
Primus is just being kept on to fill up the Gatorade tanks.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Suns fans..

My point is?

Most of us would agree with you
I'm disappointed
In fact if the coaching stocks are bare then I would even have looked at the top Junior Coaches or School Teachers to fill our coaching ranks who are hungry for an opportunity rather than the Status Quo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Primus got involved on it too...
Thought saad said he felt isolated etc, because in one of the articles I read from is interview on Sen he speaks of having a lot of support

View attachment 428463
Fasting is good for you. Helps cleanse the body, mind and spirit. I know everyone is an individual but I have had a couple of muslim friends at work, terrific young blokes in Australia from Pakistan and Malaysia with no family here at all who have gone through the fasting at Ramadan and we’ve had in-depth discussions about it. The only thing they found difficult was keeping the energy up and being thirsty during the day. Work did not provide any support for them with changing hours or anything.

I know there are a few SUNS fans on here which are new to the game. For those who do not know anything about McCartney and the strength and resilience he possesses, have a look at this

As Cochblocked mentioned. We want someone who can help harden us up. This is the inspiration we need . . .

Would be a great acquisition.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
McCartney is Bulldogs list manager isn't he...?
He'd be gunning for Claytons job - not Ashcrofts ?
May be taking a career step though.....

Natural progression..
It is Ashcrofts job and he is highly likely
Well respected and think he has done great job at his current role. Definitely capable of stepping up to Manager Football Ops position.
He appears far more media savvy and would be far more transparent to stakeholders than Ashcroft ever was....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back