News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Well respected and think he has done great job at his current role. Definitely capable of stepping up to Manager Football Ops position.
He appears far more media savvy and would be far more transparent to stakeholders than Ashcroft ever was....
Some people were a bit shocked on feedback on Ashcroft in the review it wasn't good.
A strong character who is highly respected in the football world was required apparently.
They believe McCartney ticks all boxes as does the AFL.

One of the big reasons Evas was appointed was the perception inside and out that The Suns was Ashcrofts personal plaything
Until Evans arrived who was ever going to judge him let alone sack him?
I heard Quentin Blake say on Friday Drive that he'd been in Clubland over 30 years
Too long

Getting SD in is going to have all sorts of benefits, tangible and otherwise. Take Weller's announcement today; you'd have to think that 9/10 times he'd nominate QLD in general as a destination for family reasons, but having a quality coach in place might well have swayed him to nom the Suns. With Swallow in for possibly a bag of chips or thereabouts, these are signs that a corner has been turned. Also, as far as I know, both Swallow boys have been keen on the idea of playing in the same team for most of their respective careers and you'd have to think they'd both benefit from a move. #dewprocess

One of the most destructive guys in the coaching staff has been let go and no-one knew him, remember the guy always sitting next to Rocket in the box, Christian Stagliani, no formal coaching experience but was brought in by Rocket to cover his back, in my opinion a very divisive and treacherous person who contributed to rumour, immuendo and backstabbing in the ranks.....just my opinion but he has been walked too so I think Evans has absolutely nailed the feedback from the review and cut out the poison and dead wood so far

One of the most destructive guys in the coaching staff has been let go and no-one knew him, remember the guy always sitting next to Rocket in the box, Christian Stagliani, no formal coaching experience but was brought in by Rocket to cover his back, in my opinion a very divisive and treacherous person who contributed to rumour, immuendo and backstabbing in the ranks.....just my opinion but he has been walked too so I think Evans has absolutely nailed the feedback from the review and cut out the poison and dead wood so far

No wonder Rocket liked him so much then. Good on ya Rocket, thanks again, such a legacy you leave.

He's was actually a great guy highly regarded in the footy industry.
He's was at Collingwood for about 5+ years in a few different role from recruiting assistant, vfl general managers and spent 4 years as player development manager.
Rocket brought him to the club in November 2016 so hasn't been with the club very long.
Was always going to leave when Rocket got moved on

He's was actually a great guy highly regarded in the footy industry.
He's was at Collingwood for about 5+ years in a few different role from recruiting assistant, vfl general managers and spent 4 years as player development manager
pretty sure we will disagree on what he "contributed" to the Suns, definitely was Rockets wingman and no tears shed on Stagliani's departure

pretty sure we will disagree on what he "contributed" to the Suns, definitely was Rockets wingman and no tears shed on Stagliani's departure
Considering he was only with the club for less then 12 month and had no involvement with players as he was just in a Coaching Innovation & Effectiveness role yeah I doubt anyone would shed a tear. there would be only 3 people left at the club that actually worked with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malceski is now our NEAFL coach. I have a wild theory that involves a retiring Kurt Tippett taking up a coaching gig with us over the next few months.

FORMER Sydney premiership player Nick Malceski has been appointed as the new head coach of the Gold Coast Suns NEAFL team.

Gold Coast will announce in the coming weeks that Malceski has been selected as Steve Daniel’s successor following the former coach’s decision to leave the club to take on the same position at Southport Sharks.in September last year.

The 33-year-old will lead Gold Coast’s reserves in a new era for the club that will have two first time head coaches leading the club after former Swans assistant Stuart Dew filled the role left by Rodney Eade in the senior ran
It completes an overhaul of the football department that has introduced new head of football Jon Haines and list manager Craig Cameron in recent months.

Malceski began his coaching career in 2017 as an assistant at the Suns following his retirement from playing at the end of 2016.

Malceski played 210 AFL games — including 34 with the Suns over two seasons — and largely worked with Gold Coast’s defenders while helping Daniel with the NEAFL team.

The 2012 Swans premiership player filled in as NEAFL coach during a clash against rivals Brisbane in June last year where the Suns got within a kick of beating the Lions.

Malceski is the fourth NEAFL coach for the Suns who have previously had triple Brisbane premiership player Shaun Hart, former Collingwood and Suns ruckman Josh Fraser and Daniel in the role.

FORMER Sydney premiership player Nick Malceski has been appointed as the new head coach of the Gold Coast Suns NEAFL team.

Gold Coast will announce in the coming weeks that Malceski has been selected as Steve Daniel’s successor following the former coach’s decision to leave the club to take on the same position at Southport Sharks.in September last year.

The 33-year-old will lead Gold Coast’s reserves in a new era for the club that will have two first time head coaches leading the club after former Swans assistant Stuart Dew filled the role left by Rodney Eade in the senior ran
It completes an overhaul of the football department that has introduced new head of football Jon Haines and list manager Craig Cameron in recent months.

Malceski began his coaching career in 2017 as an assistant at the Suns following his retirement from playing at the end of 2016.

Malceski played 210 AFL games — including 34 with the Suns over two seasons — and largely worked with Gold Coast’s defenders while helping Daniel with the NEAFL team.

The 2012 Swans premiership player filled in as NEAFL coach during a clash against rivals Brisbane in June last year where the Suns got within a kick of beating the Lions.

Malceski is the fourth NEAFL coach for the Suns who have previously had triple Brisbane premiership player Shaun Hart, former Collingwood and Suns ruckman Josh Fraser and Daniel in the role.

Thanks ST.....:thumbsu:

SYDNEY forward Kurt Tippett has announced his retirement from footy.
He shock news comes off the back of ankle surgery at the end of last season, with a number of fitness issues forcing the versatile forward into premature retirement.

Despite having a year to run on his contract, Tippett made on the call on the eve of the 2018 season following 178 games over 11 years with both the Crows and the Swans.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ku...s/news-story/664ca58f73b8232f3bd3eb3fb027e8c3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back