News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good appointments , both are local and show heaps of passion , Rocket starting to make his mark with these 2 along with Cordy.

might see a couple tigers guys get a chance at a rookie listing. good pickups, along with the fact we're announcing these appointments early on and not leaving them too late like last year.

might see a couple tigers guys get a chance at a rookie listing. good pickups, along with the fact we're announcing these appointments early on and not leaving them too late like last year.
Who are you thinking? Budarick?

yeah potentially. not sure he'll go in the ND, but worth a pickup in the rookie draft. having won the qafl seniors and reserves this year, i'm sure there's some talented guys who might be worth a shot as a rookie.
Do we know how tall he is and what position he plays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know how tall he is and what position he plays?
gonna be honest, i'm not 100% sure haha. i remember from school he was pretty small, albeit a fair few years younger than me. can't imagine he'd be much taller than 173/175cm now. i think i remember reading earlier this year he was playing in the midfield/half forward for the suns reserves though.

I really like the look of Stephen Daniel. Plenty of experience and with his recent success at the Tigers, he seems like a perfect fit. He appears genuinely excited and sounds like a really down to earth guy.

Another bonus from my perspective is that he's not an ex-player. He's grown up around local leagues and has made his way up to VFL level coaching, having now reached ultimate success with the Labrador Tigers ending a 21 year drought (and beating the reigning premiers).

Suns NEAFL premiers 2016!

Maxxy Rooke taken over as Development Coach. All our kids will have 70's pr0n star hairstyles & moustaches by Rd1.

That bloke tough as they come..
Cult figure like Brett Kirk style.
Very good get!!
And after spending the past 10 or so years at Geelong will come to the club full of knowledge!!

Can someone give a rundown on Max Rooke? I'm not familiar with him at all.

Last edited:
Can someone give a rundown on Max Rooke? I'm not familiar with him at all.

Ex Geelong utility..
Hard at like like Joel Selwood..
Didn't really have the elite flashy skills..
But if you needed to win a centre contest with 10sec to go in a GF
You would know Rooke would get it die trying.
He would bash and crash anyone and everyone fairly.. Unlike Goodes or Lewis.

Had a massive cult following in Geelong about the way he went about it
Spent most of 2007 out with hamstring injuries and think Geelong sent him to Europe to see that famous hamstring/leg doctor guy to try and fix him up just so he could play finals.
Such was he presence on the ground Geelong didn't want to go to battle without him

Ex Geelong utility..
Hard at like like Joel Selwood..
Didn't really have the elite flashy skills..
But if you needed to win a centre contest with 10sec to go in a GF
You would know Rooke would get it die trying.
He would bash and crash anyone and everyone fairly.. Unlike Goodes or Lewis.

Had a massive cult following in Geelong about the way he went about it
Spent most of 2007 out with hamstring injuries and think Geelong sent him to Europe to see that famous hamstring/leg doctor guy to try and fix him up just so he could play finals.
Such was he presence on the ground Geelong didn't want to go to battle without him

All this true...also changed his name from Jarrod to Max when he was 24 as he liked his middle name better.

His team mates loved him and it was said he would run through a brick wall if you asked him to.

Think a less flamboyant Campbell Brown, but a better bloke.

Funnily enough I was speaking to someone involved in the Geelong footy club who worked with him last year on Wednesday and it came up that Rooke wasn't there this year and they didn't know what he was up to.

Gazza would love having him there, the players will love him but I don't know much about his actual coaching ability though

The Player

Where he's from and what he's about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back