News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
After a season in charge, Rocket's going to be eyeing off some new staff, following the departure of Josh Fraser and Matthew Kennedy

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-09-24/fraser-to-return-to-victoria

Gold Coast SUNS NEAFL coach Josh Fraser will depart the club to return to Victoria.

Fraser was offered a contract extension to remain with the club, but for family reasons he and his family will relocate back to Victoria.

Fraser said it was a difficult decision to leave the GC SUNS.

“Our decision to return home to Victoria has been a difficult one. I feel very fortunate to have been part of the Gold Coast SUNS in both a playing and coaching capacity,” Fraser said.

“My family and I look forward to watching the club continue to grow and succeed in the years to come."
General Manager – Football Operations, Marcus Ashcroft, also confirmed Matthew Kennedy has decided not to extend his contract with the club.

Kennedy, who has spent five years with the club, most recently filled the role of High Performance Manager following the departure of Stephen Schwerdt earlier in the year.
Ashcroft praised Fraser & Kennedy’s contribution.

“Josh and Matt have made significant contributions to the Gold Coast SUNS in a variety of roles,” he said.
“Josh made a huge sacrifice to relocate his family to Queensland twice to be a GC SUN and we wish Josh and his family all the very best as they move closer to family and friends in Victoria.”

“Matt has been with us for over five years and is highly respected by his peers and players. He is looking forward to exploring exciting new opportunities away from the Suns and we wish him and his family all the very best in the future.”

The club will search for an appropriate replacement for Fraser prior to the start of the 2016 pre-season.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Only other news so far I think has been the appointment of Justin Cordy, as High Performance Manager for the 2016 season onwards.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/dogs-fitness-boss-cordy-to-join-suns

GOLD Coast has lured high performance manager Justin Cordy from the Western Bulldogs as the Suns' revamp continues under new coach Rodney Eade.

Cordy will remain at the Bulldogs until the end of the season, serving out his contract before moving north.

Cordy has been a high performance manager for eight years with stints at the Bulldogs and Carlton. He previously worked alongside Eade in his first stint at Whitten Oval.

Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the club was pleased to secure Cordy with his experience vital during a challenging period.

The Suns have had a horror run with injuries, attracted controversy for a series of off-field incidents and performed poorly on the field, winning just two games.

Their performance has improved in recent weeks with the return of skipper Gary Ablett.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Any idea when Cordy takes over??
Think I read his contract finishes up on Christmas Day or maybe New Year's Eve??
exile SUNS
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-17/suns-crossed-the-line-in-cordy-poach-says-beveridge

Cordy is set to join the Suns once his contract runs out with the Dogs at the end of this season, with Gold Coast announcing his appointment on Wednesday.

that's all i can find. you would assume he'll start be there day 1 of preseason. pretty silly if he wasn't.

Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs
Suns putting a ad in for a new coach.

Player Development Manager

The successful candidate has responsibility for nurturing and strengthening the personal and professional development of the playing group. Their strategic mindset coupled with their personalised approach and strong leadership skills, will ensure each player has the tools and support required to lead healthy and successful lives long after their AFL playing careers have ended.

Key responsibilities include:

• Establishing and delivering a Player Development & Wellbeing strategy in conjunction with the industry
  • Elevating and embedding Player Development as a respected part of the football program
  • Implementing an individualised Action Planning process across the playing group as the basis for all program delivery
  • Delivering and managing contemporary programs using Action Plans to identify trends across the playing group
  • Creating an inclusive environment for players to work in, that values diversity and encourages trust and growth in all players
  • Driving and embedding culture across the playing group and football department (Standards & Conduct)
  • Driving leadership programs, initiatives and outcomes across the playing group
  • Collaborating with internal and industry stakeholders to deliver an aligned and progressive program
  • Leading and managing the Player Development & Wellbeing department and providing guidance and support to the Player Wellbeing Coordinator
The ideal candidate will have:

• A strong personal brand which personifies the GC SUNS values of Bold, Fresh, Dependable, Relentless and Community
  • Outstanding relationship building skills, and the ability to leverage these to achieve outcomes through coaching and counselling of athletes
  • Highly developed leadership capability with proven experience leading diverse groups
  • Strong self-awareness and awareness of others (emotional intelligence)
  • A portfolio of relevant life experiences, specifically an understanding and empathy for the unique environments that high performance athletes operate in
  • In depth understanding of the sport and non-sport requirements of AFL Footballers
  • Demonstrated ability to be discreet and work with confidential and sensitive information
  • Ability and desire to collaborate and work as part of a team
  • Strong administrative, coordination, organisation and time management skills
  • The ability to receive and respond to feedback, be willing to learn and embrace change, and commit to continuous improvement of both self and the business
  • Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a 24/7 environment
  • Tertiary qualifications in sports administration, teaching, psychology or similar (desirable)
  • Experience working with indigenous athletes and families (desirable)
If you think you've got what it takes to join our team, please send a detailed cover letter addressing the criteria for the role and your CV to recruitment@goldcoastfc.com.au.

Position closes 5pm on Wednesday 7th October 2015.

25267139_2a_logo.png

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Sounds like they have been pushed.
But like usual the club makes a fake statement saying they were required but it was there decision to leave..

I'm pretty sure Fraser was jumping off anyway, good chance he might have been pushed anyway.

Kennedy was just a place holder after Schwerdt got the ass - hopefully Cordy is a gun and can bring in his own team.

When's Primus going? After reading what Kane Cornes said about him I don't have much confidence in him to develop young players

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm pretty sure Fraser was jumping off anyway, good chance he might have been pushed anyway.

Kennedy was just a place holder after Schwerdt got the ass - hopefully Cordy is a gun and can bring in his own team.

When's Primus going? After reading what Kane Cornes said about him I don't have much confidence in him to develop young players
looks like Josh Fraser might have a new job at Carlton

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Maybe he was holding off on leaving GC until he could get another job. Always easier to get a job when you have one.

I just don't understand what connection Fraser would have to Carlton - the Blues are clearing out the Pies influence not bring more in

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey guys, this role sits leading the Player Welfare team. It's not a coaching role. Thought I'd jump in and clarify that!
Oh really? Thanks heaps for clarifying mate. I was gonna say... unreal if it were a coaching role. Appreciate you jumping in on this! I should've read it properly and not skimmed.

Back