News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been a Dew defender for as long as anyone on here but that's changed. He has to go, we haven't improved anything, it's been 11 seasons of long kicks forward and hoping someone can make something out of it. We shouldn't be getting beaten by 52 points at home like that.

Guy McKenna 24 wins 64 losses started a club from scratch training out of portables SACKED

Stuart Dew 21 wins 1 draw 67 losses elite training facilities great relationships

Guy McKenna 24 wins 64 losses started a club from scratch training out of portables

Stuart Dew 21 wins 1 draw 67 losses elite training facilities great relationships

Gary is the goat

Guy McKenna 24 wins 64 losses started a club from scratch training out of portables SACKED

About 14 of those McKennas wins was all Ablett to be fair

What did Fagan say?
That it never felt like Lions had the Suns at arms length.
That it was the toughest game of the year for them.
That the pressure and intensity from both teams was high.
That Suns matched them in every area, but Lions were better in bursts and able to surge. Better inside 50.
That we were missing a Ben King type player.

That it never felt like Lions had the Suns at arms length.
That it was the toughest game of the year for them.
That the pressure and intensity from both teams was high.
That Suns matched them in every area, but Lions were better in bursts and able to surge. Better inside 50.
That we were missing a Ben King type player.
What ****ing game was he watching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox sports saying Leon Cameron is out. Possibly after the bye.

Leon Cameron for Sturt dew straight swap anyone?

Fox sports saying Leon Cameron is out. Possibly after the bye.

Leon Cameron for Sturt dew straight swap anyone?
Neither of these guys is getting another senior gig IMO. The “tell the boys how awesome they are until they ARE awesome “ mantra otherwise know as “ relationship building” that they both adhere to is not doing they players any service.

It’s only my opinion and I know it is perceived as negative by some, but I don’t adhere to the just keep swimming Dory mantra that it’s all good, Why???? there is zero evidence for it working and 5 years that it doesn’t .

The club as recently as this off season continues to make moronic calls, Brodie and Greenwood are prime examples, put this together with Dews lack of vision and leadership ( as mentioned above) and we are on a road to nowhere

Neither of these guys is getting another senior gig IMO. The “tell the boys how awesome they are until they ARE awesome “ mantra otherwise know as “ relationship building” that they both adhere to is not doing they players any service.

It’s only my opinion and I know it is perceived as negative by some, but I don’t adhere to the just keep swimming Dory mantra that it’s all good, Why???? there is zero evidence for it working and 5 years that it doesn’t .

The club as recently as this off season continues to make moronic calls, Brodie and Greenwood are prime examples, put this together with Dews lack of vision and leadership ( as mentioned above) and we are on a road to nowhere
I’m not convinced Dew is the main reason for our lack of success but certainly our list management is and Dew has to hold some accountability for that. Forget the draft for a season or two (we’re never going to win anything with a team of kids), and trade in some good senior players.

.....and to add to the above
When have we ever successfully "traded" for anyone?
Did we get Powell on the backend of GAJ's return to Geelong?
Chucky Ballard was a lucky strike in the abysmal Weller deal
I remember allowing Melbourne to trade up for Oliver-about the only 18yo player I ever desperately wanted from the draft
Our history is giving away 23-25yo's coming into their prime for next to nothing and paying for the privilege
I exclude the compensation picks because the AFL does that for us-no doubt we would have taken 2 sausages and a bag of magic beans for Lynch Prestia May et al if we'd been wheeling and dealing

Won't happen and we have zero salary room with King Lukosius Rankine Miller all signing or signed and Rowell Anderson to come
Maybe if we hadn't given someone:whistle: a 5 year 400k deal
Good news it's only 4+1 and could be only 350K per some speculations :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back