News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I would just love to know when Dew will give Marc Lock a go in the ones?

Honestly, I would just love to know when Dew will give Marc Lock a go in the ones?

Nobody in the history of the club has been shat on more than Marc Lock lol. His story makes it look like Brodie and Lyons were treated like royalty.

He left us with the curse of the #1 guernsey. But with the power of two phones the curse has hopefully been broken.

Got a Marc Lock #1 training guernsey at home lol must go for a high price in here

Nobody in the history of the club has been shat on more than Marc Lock lol. His story makes it look like Brodie and Lyons were treated like royalty.

He left us with the curse of the #1 guernsey. But with the power of two phones the curse has hopefully been broken.
#CocksOut4Lock

I have been there from the start with you mate. Sat with you for 100 point thrashings and ridden the highs of 'Yet another promising pre-season' only for the club and it's fans to be shat on from the greatest of heights. So I definitely know and understand how you feel.

Yep, we have had some F,**!#G trade howlers. Every club has them but seemingly none worse than us. We look back at some of the worst. The Weller one I still feel is not as bad as it looks (we netted Ballard as part of it) but on face value, Lachie for #2 is a massive loss. But to me that was the start of a slightly positive direction. We began our journey down the path of becoming a team players wanted to play for.

Losing Jack Martin for nothing sucked, especially what we paid for him. But it sent a message that we were not going to be walked over anymore. You want to guarantee that the bedwetters get to their club of choice, then the club of choice have to be willing to pay up or risk going elsewhere. Yes, a stonger play might have been to take him in the PSD and make him have a year playing NEAFL, but really doesn't help us going forward at all.

Hugh Greenwood at the time hurt me more than any of the other two. For a very short while, I thought this was the lowest point in the clubs history. Maybe even the beginning of the end. But looking back I have to trust the club knew what they are doing. Greenwood looks a shadow of what he was at the SUNS. We are saving us a fair bit on the salary cap, we are getting games into players who might be wasting away in the VFL if Hugh was still wearing our jumper too. We still have a few players such as Copper, Dutchy and Flanders who we want to see get a go at AFL level. Hugh would definitely be causing other players who are getting the odd run (Davies, Mally ect) to be waiting in line.

And let's face it. On field we are going ok mate. Only been blown out once in a game which looked a lot closer. Only lost one game which I personally expected to win. Whilst 3/4 of our wins I expected to lose. We are almost at .500 for the year with a percentage which is healthier than it has ever been. A gamestyle which still has its flaws (LOWER YOUR FRIGGEN EYES AND FIND A TARGET INSIDE 50 FFS) but overall is better and a more personalised brand. We have a pressure game which is beating top 4 teams, which is causing oppo coaches and the media to step up and take notice. Teams don't want to play us now. That is a good thing. We have a group of kids that want to stay. There are no real red flags that anyone is actively wanting out. I don't think we have had this ever halfway through a year. A favourable fixture heading into the back half (which I know has always been our downfall, but things look different this time). We are heading in the right direction mate. I 110% understand your frustration. You have burnt more money, spent more emotionally and ridden the lows for longer than 95% of posters on here. But just sit back with a cold beer, have a look at everything as a whole. By all means take in the negatives but look at the picture it has painted to where we are at now.

It's easy to think we have been burned before. Probably harder to get over the feeling that it is going to happen again. But if you really sit back and look at everything, things smell so much better now. It IS different. Yep, taken about 8 years too long to get to this stage. But I know it is gonna be all the more sweeter when we are up there playing finals and a consistent top 8 team. For once, it realistically doesn't seem too far away. When we are there I want you, more than anyone, here with us!

Edit* I know that I am probably writing this a week early. That maybe we will head down to 'The Rat' and get spanked by 10 goals. But we are still a pretty inexperienced team and we are gonna have our blips. Feel free to @ me if this is not our best and most promising season after rd 23, but I think even you know it will be!
It got to the stage past few years where I would only go to the footy if I thought we had a chance of winning
The kids would be sad because the footy for them was and is often about the kick to kick at half time or after the siren because the team certainly didnt deliver any joy.
To her credit the boys mum (a Jewish Yank to boot!) fronted week in week out with them
I was angry at The Club, the players, the umpires-it was just unenjoyable.
A steady decline from 2014
I guess in summary I'm going to the footy much more often this year(only missed the Q Clash because I detest Brisbane)
There's a positive vibe
As much as I man-love Dave Swallow, Touk is a very different beast
In some ways he doesn't have Dave's mental scars.He is a new generation with a big personality and with Wittsy and Collo and Dave they are driving the team to a different level of buy-in and desire on the ground
Even to a jaded supporter like me , you can see the difference on and off field
I'm starting to believe

Last edited:
It got to the stage past few years where I would only go to the footy if I thought we had a chance of winning
The kids would be sad because the footy for them was and is often about the kick to kick at half time or after the siren because the team certainly didnt deliver any joy.
To her credit the boys mum (a Jewish Yank to boot!) fronted week in week out with them
I was angry at The Club, the players, the umpires-it was just unenjoyable.
A steady decline from 2014
I guess in summary I'm going to the footy much more often this year(only missed the Q Clash because I detest Brisbane)
There's a positive vibe
As much as I man-love Dave Swallow, Touk is a very different beast
In some ways he doesn't have Dave's mental scars.He is a new generation with a big personality and with Wittsy and Collo and Dave they are driving the team to a different level of buy-in and desire on the ground
Even to a jaded supporter like me , you can see the difference on and off field
I'm starting to believe
Curb Your Enthusiasm Omg GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been there from the start with you mate. Sat with you for 100 point thrashings and ridden the highs of 'Yet another promising pre-season' only for the club and it's fans to be shat on from the greatest of heights. So I definitely know and understand how you feel.

Yep, we have had some F,**!#G trade howlers. Every club has them but seemingly none worse than us. We look back at some of the worst. The Weller one I still feel is not as bad as it looks (we netted Ballard as part of it) but on face value, Lachie for #2 is a massive loss. But to me that was the start of a slightly positive direction. We began our journey down the path of becoming a team players wanted to play for.

Losing Jack Martin for nothing sucked, especially what we paid for him. But it sent a message that we were not going to be walked over anymore. You want to guarantee that the bedwetters get to their club of choice, then the club of choice have to be willing to pay up or risk going elsewhere. Yes, a stonger play might have been to take him in the PSD and make him have a year playing NEAFL, but really doesn't help us going forward at all.

Hugh Greenwood at the time hurt me more than any of the other two. For a very short while, I thought this was the lowest point in the clubs history. Maybe even the beginning of the end. But looking back I have to trust the club knew what they are doing. Greenwood looks a shadow of what he was at the SUNS. We are saving us a fair bit on the salary cap, we are getting games into players who might be wasting away in the VFL if Hugh was still wearing our jumper too. We still have a few players such as Copper, Dutchy and Flanders who we want to see get a go at AFL level. Hugh would definitely be causing other players who are getting the odd run (Davies, Mally ect) to be waiting in line.

And let's face it. On field we are going ok mate. Only been blown out once in a game which looked a lot closer. Only lost one game which I personally expected to win. Whilst 3/4 of our wins I expected to lose. We are almost at .500 for the year with a percentage which is healthier than it has ever been. A gamestyle which still has its flaws (LOWER YOUR FRIGGEN EYES AND FIND A TARGET INSIDE 50 FFS) but overall is better and a more personalised brand. We have a pressure game which is beating top 4 teams, which is causing oppo coaches and the media to step up and take notice. Teams don't want to play us now. That is a good thing. We have a group of kids that want to stay. There are no real red flags that anyone is actively wanting out. I don't think we have had this ever halfway through a year. A favourable fixture heading into the back half (which I know has always been our downfall, but things look different this time). We are heading in the right direction mate. I 110% understand your frustration. You have burnt more money, spent more emotionally and ridden the lows for longer than 95% of posters on here. But just sit back with a cold beer, have a look at everything as a whole. By all means take in the negatives but look at the picture it has painted to where we are at now.

It's easy to think we have been burned before. Probably harder to get over the feeling that it is going to happen again. But if you really sit back and look at everything, things smell so much better now. It IS different. Yep, taken about 8 years too long to get to this stage. But I know it is gonna be all the more sweeter when we are up there playing finals and a consistent top 8 team. For once, it realistically doesn't seem too far away. When we are there I want you, more than anyone, here with us!

Edit* I know that I am probably writing this a week early. That maybe we will head down to 'The Rat' and get spanked by 10 goals. But we are still a pretty inexperienced team and we are gonna have our blips. Feel free to @ me if this is not our best and most promising season after rd 23, but I think even you know it will be!

After reading this..
Wish BF had a max word count like Twitter..
Jeez you talk some 💩

After reading this..
Wish BF had a max word count like Twitter..
Jeez you talk some 💩

Oh Benjamin. How did we ever give you Poster of the year! I am waiting until tomorrow morning to give you the day off for that post

Oh Benjamin. How did we ever give you Poster of the year! I am waiting until tomorrow morning to give you the day off for that post

My hearts in the right place.
I’m all about cold hard facts .

Back in the day people enjoyed hearing the truth..
These days they all want to hear about roses and rainbows.

Anyhows. I’m expecting a good win tomorrow in cold miserable ballarat!

Go Suns.

Go Suns.

We wont win tomorrow.

Go Suns.
As a fellow Suns supporter I definitely can relate to the way you feel after years of torture and getting your heart ripped out when you think the light at the end of the tunnel is on the horizon then the inevitable loss or run of injuries happens.

The Suns sit at 4-5 ATM, beating 3 of the current top 5 teams, number 1 pressure side the in the competition, with a favourable run for the remainder of the season.

Iam as pessimistic as anyone when it comes to our ability as a club but the buy-in shown by players for Dew, our loyal as f*** leadership group, our results on the field the last couple weeks and our maturity to finish out games strongly the whole season has given me enough reason to believe... finally after all these years.

Up the Suns

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Suns.
This forum be like this now,right Ben?;)
We're all on Xanax
unicorn evite GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back