News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well this sure ain’t happening lol

I'm assuming all coaches would be in it to win a flag. We would need a large amount of wins for Dew to earn another contract, which will unlikely happen, throw the kitchen sink at Clarkson. If someone of Clarkson's calibre can't coach us out of finals purgatory, I'm not sure who will lol.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
He’s not wrong

Attachments

• 715312BD-DA90-4F0F-AF78-8C7657EAED53.png
    715312BD-DA90-4F0F-AF78-8C7657EAED53.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 3,044

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Jon Ralph said on “on the couch” that the club has not contacted clarko this year and it’s dew job to lose.

We did contact clarko last year for a consultant job

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Remind me not to stand in front of you at Ballarat.

Looks like The Victorian is gonna be the only one who can't make it from the Vic BF fans. Would have been good to get a group photo.

Edit: Anyways sorry. Wrong thread

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That was a quality session with Dimma and Dew on AFL 360 tonight
He touched on something I've been thinking about since yesterday
No-one at the Club or any decent supporter begrudges Will Brodie his success but he is added to the "Guys who left the Suns and improved"
But of course we have our own Lyons/Wright/Brodies
Wittsy was destined to be a reserve grade ruckman at Collingwood , Collo couldn't get a game at Freo and was delisted, even Cholly and Levi
Unfortunately we get the blowtorch because we've been an awful team and these guys have been very good when they've had their opportunities elsewhere
BUT
We start winning and no-one cares anymore
I still think they were bad decisions , but in the context of us being successful and managing our salary cap to pay the guys who can take us deep into finals it's more understandable
Dew will be here in 2023

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Robbo was emphatic last night on 360…
Stuart Dew will be coach of the Gold Coast next year.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
That was a quality session with Dimma and Dew on AFL 360 tonight
He touched on something I've been thinking about since yesterday
No-one at the Club or any decent supporter begrudges Will Brodie his success but he is added to the "Guys who left the Suns and improved"
But of course we have our own Lyons/Wright/Brodies
Wittsy was destined to be a reserve grade ruckman at Collingwood , Collo couldn't get a game at Freo and was delisted, even Cholly and Levi
Unfortunately we get the blowtorch because we've been an awful team and these guys have been very good when they've had their opportunities elsewhere
BUT
We start winning and no-one cares anymore
I still think they were bad decisions , but in the context of us being successful and managing our salary cap to pay the guys who can take us deep into finals it's more understandable
Dew will be here in 2023
It’s more the manner in which it was done. We gave away 2MP a developing key forward for peanuts, we gave away Brodie and pick 19 just to clear the books. These are both poor decisions. Lyons and Greenwood where just as badly managed

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I can’t wait to see Ben Drever reaction when Dewy gets a 2 year contract lol

It was a good win on the weekend.

But imagine how much we could if won by with someone with some runs on the board pulling the strings.

Would of wiped the floor with them..

Giving up wayyyy to many I50 to the opposition, the most in the comp.

Wait till the flood gates open.
Wont be pretty.

Back