Coalition victory how?

Remove this Banner Ad

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I see that Tanya Blubbersook had added her name to the chorus of Labor MPs claiming the Morrison government dont have a mandate to deliver the tax cuts. How she can suggest that is beyond me but at least it demonstrates that Labor will never learn while there are extremists like her in its midst.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Default votes.

Went home to my family for the long weekend. They all told me they voted Liberal because they always have. Mum told me a few weeks back she thought all the senators went in a contest to see who the new PM was. My sister thought Shorten was the PM, and Morrison just became the new one after the election.

Default votes are a hell of an asset to the Coalition.
Yeah I'm really sure no ignorant idiots vote Labor as well...

Yeah I'm really sure no ignorant idiots vote Labor as well...

I'm sure they do. Dumb rural goes to Liberal, dumb urban goes to Green. There's a market for Labor somewhere.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I see that Tanya Blubbersook had added her name to the chorus of Labor MPs claiming the Morrison government dont have a mandate to deliver the tax cuts. How she can suggest that is beyond me but at least it demonstrates that Labor will never learn while there are extremists like her in its midst.

Oh yes, had just posted about this in the Albo thread. Seriously dumb politics from her.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Default votes.

Went home to my family for the long weekend. They all told me they voted Liberal because they always have. Mum told me a few weeks back she thought all the senators went in a contest to see who the new PM was. My sister thought Shorten was the PM, and Morrison just became the new one after the election.

Default votes are a hell of an asset to the Coalition.

You dont think Labor gets millions of those too?

Its similar to football teams.

That said, I know plenty of single parents who cant stand Labor and vote Liberal when in theory its really not in their best interest.

How has Labor moved so far away frkm what should be their bread and butter?

The Greens vote will be halved by 2030 when it starts to become obvious that man made climate change is debunked for the bs it is.
You could be right if people like you keep brainwashing their children.:p;)

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Potentially two interest rate cuts since the election. The RBA has no faith in this government and this is the narrative we'd be getting if Labor had won the election.
can you demonstrate how the rba has no faith in the government?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can you demonstrate how the rba has no faith in the government?
It seems to me that with the current and expected rates cut the RBA seems to be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Their last report gives the government some clues.

In a sign of the RBA's growing concerns about the economy, governor Philip Lowe on Thursday ramped up his calls for all governments to fast-track major infrastructure spending in a bid to slash the unemployment rate.

He signalled that to deal with "significant" underemployment and sluggish wages growth, another rate cut was on the agenda.

Dr Lowe made clear there were limitations to what could be achieved solely with low interest rates, urging governments of all persuasions to boost their own efforts.
"As a country, we should also be looking at other ways to get closer to full employment. One option is fiscal policy, including through spending on infrastructure," he said.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's ok when it's the libs :D
Remember Juliar? How we laughed. Craig Thomson, Peter Slipper, JAIL THEM!!!! Stuart Robert sits in cabinet ffs. It might be a PJism and an internet search doesn't reveal were I read it but it rings true to our political parties here as well, "what Democrats do to their secretaries, Republicans do to the country."

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Potentially two interest rate cuts since the election. The RBA has no faith in this government and this is the narrative we'd be getting if Labor had won the election.

Hahaha, the RBA said in 2009 that interest rates were at "emergency lows" at 3% - funnily enough, 10 years later and with our economy growing at roughly 2% p.a. and unemployment below 6% I don't see any "emergency", but then again incompetent central banks around the world setting interest rates at 0% is what is causing the current global economic malaise.

RBA sets rates based on the inflation rate - I'm not sure when this nonsense about them targetting "underemployment" came into consideration. Of course they had to move on to other indicators because with a globalised economy inflation is heading DOWN no matter what they do.

Remember Juliar? How we laughed. Craig Thomson, Peter Slipper, JAIL THEM!!!! Stuart Robert sits in cabinet ffs. It might be a PJism and an internet search doesn't reveal were I read it but it rings true to our political parties here as well, "what Democrats do to their secretaries, Republicans do to the country."
Who knew the libs really actually CARED about union members !?

Back