edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I seriously doubt Ali will be anyone's mum, the show won't go that cheesy!

Ali is a pediatric surgeon so I daresay her coming back in to the show will have something to do with Miguel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
now that we're in 2020 gotta say can't wait for season 3.

I'm guessing around April again for it's release. Anyone know?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Now that the renewal has happened, fans can likely expect Cobra Kai season 3 to premiere in the spring of 2020. Cobra Kai season 2 began shooting in September 2018 and wrapped two months later; this production schedule has proven to be successful, so a new season of Cobra Kai each spring could become a tradition fans can now look forward to. Furthermore, series co-creator Jon Hurwitz revealed on social media that they've begun writing Cobra Kai season 3, so there's no reason to assume the new season won't follow the same schedule.

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
Just found out Rob Garrison who played Tommy passed away in September.
Makes his last ep sadder. I wonder if they knew and wrote it into the show.

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely loved this season.

Kept me interested the whole way through, that last ep was awesome. Last 10 min were quality and the fight sequences surprisingly good.

Reckon 4 seasons will be about right.
Go out before any decline.
Yeah 4 seasons would be about right before it starts to decline.

The days of TV shows going on for like 10 seasons or more are over imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah 4 seasons would be about right before it starts to decline.

The days of TV shows going on for like 10 seasons or more are over imo.
10 seasons wouldn't work with this since it's focused on kids and middle aged men. Once those kids grow up and those men grow in to old men it just loses what it is. The show would have to mature with them quite a bit, although credit where's its due, many of Johnnies plots are matured for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why? If filming is over, which I thought it was, there's no reason it can't continue production and release.
Post-production stuff still to be done I assume. Editing, colour, effects etc - depending on the production these can be fairly collaborative with a few bodies in the same room typically. Then you have stuff like PR, promo tours and spots - none of that would be happening obviously.

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Post-production stuff still to be done I assume. Editing, colour, effects etc - depending on the production these can be fairly collaborative with a few bodies in the same room typically. Then you have stuff like PR, promo tours and spots - none of that would be happening obviously.
It's a youtube show, they don't need promo stuff. As for the post production I don't see why it can't be done remotely or at least following social distancing.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a youtube show, they don't need promo stuff. As for the post production I don't see why it can't be done remotely or at least following social distancing.
I've seen interviews with the cast when both season 1 and 2 came out, just standard practice I think. I'd actually argue that PR stuff would be more important for a YouTube show, they probably need to build word of mouth virally in a bit of a different way to bigger/network productions.

Guess they could do that remotely but you'd lose a bit of production value. Think the main reason would be technical/post production - sound mixing would be another example of things they might still have to do that generally involves a few bodies.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe reshoots are involved.

This season done some shooting overseas didn't it?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Unsure about that but yeah re-shoots could be a factor too.

Gotta be something fairly problematic, you'd think they'd be keen to release it during the lockdown if they could.

Top Bottom