Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Daniel's wife, Stingray, and formerly Dimitri, are vehicles for the audience I reckon, characters with a good deal of skepticism or ridiculousness to the whole situation of two kids karate dojos being the focual point of a community, like one of those high school american football shows/movies.

It helps to balance the show with some self awareness.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Another issue is how quick these kids became fighting experts who brawled for like ten minutes of back and forth in school, after a summer of part time lessons from a couple of guys who haven't done martial arts since high school, and also that the strength of this show is no one dimensional main characters. Kreese had two sides shown but still came off like a cardboard cutout bad guy.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
tombomb relax mate it was supposed to be a kind of piss take comedy anyway. It's taken shape though. Most movies/shows are far fetched anyway. Hell karate kid 1 as if Miyagi is going to beat 4-5 strong 18 year olds up at the same time ( or 17 whatever )

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
im suprised anyone rated that entire character.

It turned the show into a novelty.

Although Johnny's 'chubbs' line after Stingray tried to 'flip the script' almost made him a worthwhile character.

The whole show is a pisstake. At least they’re self aware and having a joke with us...

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
This show is rare in that its both serious and a pisstake. Its self aware of the ridiculousness of some of its plot and character interactions and makes fun with it. If it didnt it would be quite lame.

Yet at the same time the show can be quite moving as well. There is some serious emotion at times, particularly the last episode.

The social commentary angle wasnt quite as strong as season 1 but was still there. The story was much stronger then season 1 though. Some great character dynamics.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
im suprised anyone rated that entire character.

It turned the show into a novelty.

Although Johnny's 'chubbs' line after Stingray tried to 'flip the script' almost made him a worthwhile character.
The character is hilarious. I doubt anyone would care about him other then the comedy factor though. But if he makes you laugh then thats a big win.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
This show is rare in that its both serious and a pisstake. Its self aware of the ridiculousness of some of its plot and character interactions and makes fun with it. If it didnt it would be quite lame.

Yet at the same time the show can be quite moving as well. There is some serious emotion at times, particularly the last episode.

The social commentary angle wasnt quite as strong as season 1 but was still there. The story was much stronger then season 1 though. Some great character dynamics.

Yeah, it's quite incredible really. It acknowledges what it is, then plays a completely straight bat.

It's a real credit to the writers, directors, and actors, who have managed to pull it off.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
tombomb relax mate it was supposed to be a kind of piss take comedy anyway. It's taken shape though. Most movies/shows are far fetched anyway. Hell karate kid 1 as if Miyagi is going to beat 4-5 strong 18 year olds up at the same time ( or 17 whatever )

Not as bad as KK3 with Miyagi beating Kreese and Silver plus Barnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

waaooaahh

PJo5UeynjJlqYs0n8UAxs5eUWEVnRzQ4RC3E6H0I-KGozqityo337R-ijBMnyib4MAcN4x-GHrTH1xhBo1DvPa7WW0PPbEF_jQsshWkdMYm0hA=w200-h148-nc

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Its a shame Zabka didnt really have a better career at least in TV as he is showing he actually has some acting talent.

His body acting, same as Daniel, is great. The delivery can still be a bit rough, but their physical acting is spot on, their faces and that. The way Daniel's body just deflates when he's dealing with Dimitri. It's good. They are giving it a real crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

* lol. No s**t. As if they all wouldn't jump him too. They'll fought one on one. Or at least Kreese and Silver did. Barnes got smoked already ( kicked through the door and apparently K.o'd :) )

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
**** lol. No ****. As if they all wouldn't jump him too. They'll fought one on one. Or at least Kreese and Silver did. Barnes got smoked already ( kicked through the door and apparently K.o'd :) )

Credit it where it is due, Pat Morita knew no martial arts and only learned what he needed for the movie and looked convincing enough with some favorable choreography.

Ralph Machio still doesn't look that convincing and he has 30 years head start.

The season 1 finale is Star Wars prequel esque. The culmination of this nerd into full on jock arsehole has been riveting. Never mind the tangled family relationships.

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
The season 1 finale is Star Wars prequel esque. The culmination of this nerd into full on jock arsehole has been riveting. Never mind the tangled family relationships.

Nah Miguel is still a good kid. That hasn’t changed.

It’s Robby that’s the sly campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back