Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I liked 3. Ive seen much much much worse movies. I saw this Hilary Duff one once on Foxtel where she has to overcome stage fright or something.

Don't worry about Seeds, big fan of hyperbole :p

Both sequels were pretty bad but I'd actually take 3 over 2.

Larussos wife was hilarious and needed to put the story in perspective so it didnt become lame and unbelievable. although i agree the marital issues was a little contrived but understandable given how stupid larusso was acting and ignoring his job.

She killed it at the double date." Ok we are going to do this are we". We seriously were rolling on the floor with that line.

"They have warring karate dojos", I lost it. Great scene.

Another issue is how quick these kids became fighting experts who brawled for like ten minutes of back and forth in school, after a summer of part time lessons from a couple of guys who haven't done martial arts since high school, and also that the strength of this show is no one dimensional main characters. Kreese had two sides shown but still came off like a cardboard cutout bad guy.

Yeah. Possibly a bit of a missed opportunity there - when Johnny tailed him back to the halfway house I was like holy s**t are they actually going make John ****ing Kreese sympathetic, and pull it off? But yeah he went back to moustache twirling villian pretty quick.

Yeah, it's quite incredible really. It acknowledges what it is, then plays a completely straight bat.

It's a real credit to the writers, directors, and actors, who have managed to pull it off.

Ha, I like that, perfect way to describe it.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Rewatched before I cancel YouTube til next season.

Fan*******tasting. I just can't think of a season finale as compelling and complex as this one.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Ali is that chicks mom? Almost as bad as me using the term Mom.

Holy s**t Days of our lives here we come.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
keithy.gif

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
now that we're in 2020 gotta say can't wait for season 3.

I'm guessing around April again for it's release. Anyone know?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Now that the renewal has happened, fans can likely expect Cobra Kai season 3 to premiere in the spring of 2020. Cobra Kai season 2 began shooting in September 2018 and wrapped two months later; this production schedule has proven to be successful, so a new season of Cobra Kai each spring could become a tradition fans can now look forward to. Furthermore, series co-creator Jon Hurwitz revealed on social media that they've begun writing Cobra Kai season 3, so there's no reason to assume the new season won't follow the same schedule.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely loved this season.

Kept me interested the whole way through, that last ep was awesome. Last 10 min were quality and the fight sequences surprisingly good.

Reckon 4 seasons will be about right.
Go out before any decline.

Yeah 4 seasons would be about right before it starts to decline.

The days of TV shows going on for like 10 seasons or more are over imo.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah 4 seasons would be about right before it starts to decline.

The days of TV shows going on for like 10 seasons or more are over imo.

10 seasons wouldn't work with this since it's focused on kids and middle aged men. Once those kids grow up and those men grow in to old men it just loses what it is. The show would have to mature with them quite a bit, although credit where's its due, many of Johnnies plots are matured for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why? If filming is over, which I thought it was, there's no reason it can't continue production and release.

Post-production stuff still to be done I assume. Editing, colour, effects etc - depending on the production these can be fairly collaborative with a few bodies in the same room typically. Then you have stuff like PR, promo tours and spots - none of that would be happening obviously.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Post-production stuff still to be done I assume. Editing, colour, effects etc - depending on the production these can be fairly collaborative with a few bodies in the same room typically. Then you have stuff like PR, promo tours and spots - none of that would be happening obviously.

It's a youtube show, they don't need promo stuff. As for the post production I don't see why it can't be done remotely or at least following social distancing.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a youtube show, they don't need promo stuff. As for the post production I don't see why it can't be done remotely or at least following social distancing.

I've seen interviews with the cast when both season 1 and 2 came out, just standard practice I think. I'd actually argue that PR stuff would be more important for a YouTube show, they probably need to build word of mouth virally in a bit of a different way to bigger/network productions.

Guess they could do that remotely but you'd lose a bit of production value. Think the main reason would be technical/post production - sound mixing would be another example of things they might still have to do that generally involves a few bodies.

Back