Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Big move already starting season 4. I think the strength of the first two and hopefully three is that none started happening until after release. I think the creators are very smart and spent some time gaging the feedback. Looks like they've got a direction planned out regardless of how it's received now.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Watched the movie last might. The whole Johhny is the good guy is rubbish. In the opening scene what he does would be considered criminal today. Charges up to his ex girlfriend. Smashes her radio. Then starts belting someone cos they try to break up the situation in which he is going nuts.

I watched KK again a couple of weeks ago just to remember the smaller details of the film as well. Will watch 2 and 3 when I get time in lead the lead up to S3 of Cobra Kai.

Watched the movie last might. The whole Johhny is the good guy is rubbish. In the opening scene what he does would be considered criminal today. Charges up to his ex girlfriend. Smashes her radio. Then starts belting someone cos they try to break up the situation in which he is going nuts.

Daniel also sucker punches him and antagonizes him throughout the film. He's not an innocent victim.

Daniel also sucker punches him and antagonizes him throughout the film. He's not an innocent victim.
He does sucker punch him after already being punched to the ground.

later on daniel was a dick when he sprayed him with water in the toilet. So robbie and 6 cobra kais bash him and robbie isnt even giving up after he has already unconscious. Hardly proportional to being sprayed with water.

He does sucker punch him after already being punched to the ground.

later on daniel was a dick when he sprayed him with water in the toilet. So robbie and 6 cobra kais bash him and robbie isnt even giving up after he has already unconscious. Hardly proportional to being sprayed with water.
Robbie? Who's Robbie?

Robbie is in Cobra Kai, not Karate Kid.

Point is Daniel antagonized the bigger fish more than once.

'ya couldn't keep well enough alone could ya' Johnny says if I remember correctly, and it's true. He couldn't. Remember Johnny offered him a hand back up prior to the sucker punch.

Last edited:
Robbie? Who's Robbie?

Robbie is in Cobra Kai, not Karate Kid.

Point is Daniel antagonized the bigger fish more than once.

'ya couldn't well enough alone could ya' Johnny says if I remember correctly, and it's true. He couldn't. Remember Johnny offered him a hand back up prior to the sucker punch.

lol. Bogan names are pretty much the same.

jonny started it. Not daniel. Yes he may have offered him a hand after acting like a complete lunatic before hand. He smashed a girls radio. he was acting completely nuts. Daniel was a bit nuts to but thats cos johnny had humiliated him And johnnys responses were always disporoportionally too high. being sprayed by water does not justify belting the life out of him.

lol. Bogan names are pretty much the same.

jonny started it. Not daniel. Yes he may have offered him a hand after acting like a complete lunatic before hand. He smashed a girls radio. he was acting completely nuts. Daniel was a bit nuts to but thats cos johnny had humiliated him And johnnys responses were always disporoportionally too high. being sprayed by water does not justify belting the life out of him.
I wouldn't say Robbie or Daniel are bogan names. Bit rich calling anyone a bogan with the grammar displayed in your post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cobra kai is ok but the story line is throwing me.

We are seeing begining martial artists with no prior training fight like seasoned black belts after only a few months. The moves alone that Diaz is doing would have taken years to master. Not one solid summer in a dojo and no way would he have come close to winning the tournament let alone win 3 and 4 on 1 fights. And don't get me started on Hawk lol.

I just don't get the over the top fued between Daniel and Johnny. Its losing its appeal and feeling forced. Also why the hell is their even a dojo war. As if that even happens. Lol. It's ruining the show. Half of that story line could have been left out.

Over all, the fights are entertaining but that's it. Everything else just leaves you scratching your head thinking why?

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just don't get the over the top fued between Daniel and Johnny. Its losing its appeal and feeling forced. Also why the hell is their even a dojo war. As if that even happens. Lol. It's ruining the show.

The movies explain it pretty well why the dojo’s and Daniel and Johnny aren’t fans of each other.
Even without the movies It’s explained multiple times why both sides don’t like each other.

The movies explain it pretty well why the dojo’s and Daniel and Johnny aren’t fans of each other.
Even without the movies It’s explained multiple times why both sides don’t like each other.
Oh I get it but it jumps from one over the top reaction to the next. Its ridiculous. The show explains nothing. it makes no sense. Think about it. Mid season 2 johnny and all his friends all talk about regret and hatred towards Kreese. So it makes no sense for Johnny to target his hatred to Daniel for Daniels well known issues with Cobra Kai. Even after Daniel tries to make amends. I'm sorry the whole thing is just over the top and very badly written.

Action sequences are great. But its over the top and really doesn't depict beginning martial artists very well at all. Hawks character is a joke.

The points about the learning rate are fair but a show about amatuer martial artists throwing down really basic movies barely above school brawl wouldn't be as good.

We aren't watching a documentary. We are watching a show continuing the story of an 80s movie, and a lot of shows and movies have unrealistic growth of skills in short time.

It's a show, it's made to entertain first.

Cobra kai is ok but the story line is throwing me.

We are seeing begining martial artists with no prior training fight like seasoned black belts after only a few months. The moves alone that Diaz is doing would have taken years to master. Not one solid summer in a dojo and no way would he have come close to winning the tournament let alone win 3 and 4 on 1 fights. And don't get me started on Hawk lol.

I just don't get the over the top fued between Daniel and Johnny. Its losing its appeal and feeling forced. Also why the hell is their even a dojo war. As if that even happens. Lol. It's ruining the show. Half of that story line could have been left out.

Over all, the fights are entertaining but that's it. Everything else just leaves you scratching your head thinking why?

If they are your criticisms I don’t think the concept of television shows is for you.

Especially given the show itself mocks the things you are criticising it for. It’s supposed to be a bit silly from a real life perspective and the show makes fun of the fact. There are numerous jokes about the rivalry being silly.

If they are your criticisms I don’t think the concept of television shows is for you.

Especially given the show itself mocks the things you are criticising it for. It’s supposed to be a bit silly from a real life perspective and the show makes fun of the fact. There are numerous jokes about the rivalry being silly.
They aren't making jokes about the story line. The over the top fighting is the only thing keeping the show afloat. I never said its not entertaining. It's just when they switch back from fighting to the drama its pretty lame and forced. Had it been a Netflix produced show from the start I feel the writing would have been better and we would have seen a better story line around the fued. Hopefully now they are on board the writing will take it up a notch.

As I said its the stupid writing and story line. Fighting good storyline bad.

I'm not sure I agree with the criticism, I mean to say Johnny can't move past things was plain old wrong to start with, and having Daniel have issues he can't move on from isn't something I consider bad writing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back