Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely disagree. The storyline is great.

You seem to be pissed that people are learning to fight quicker than in real life.
If you want that go watch a documentary.

tbf I have a mate I used to spar with that went from a 0 - 1 MMA record to a 6 - 1 record in the space of bit under two years, training everyday. I was about an equal match for him at one point but after a year he was a machine.

Completely disagree. The storyline is great.

You seem to be pissed that people are learning to fight quicker than in real life.
If you want that go watch a documentary.
Lol quicker??? Its not just faster by a little its faster by years of dedicated training. And no the action is great. The basis of the story is good but the actual writing and presentation of the drama behind the fighting is just a bit off. Still enjoyable as a whole just feels forced in alot of areas to keep up the whole rivalry

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol quicker??? Its not just faster by a little its faster by years of dedicated training. And no the action is great. The basis of the story is good but the actual writing and presentation of the drama behind the fighting is just a bit off. Still enjoyable as a whole just feels forced in alot of areas to keep up the whole rivalry

You must love episodic tv if you think it this is all forced

Yeah again I dunno I think everything flows awesomely and naturally.

Besides, they may not even be any dojo war in season 3, if Daniel stops Miyagi Do and Johnny is on his own.

They aren't making jokes about the story line. The over the top fighting is the only thing keeping the show afloat. I never said its not entertaining. It's just when they switch back from fighting to the drama its pretty lame and forced. Had it been a Netflix produced show from the start I feel the writing would have been better and we would have seen a better story line around the fued. Hopefully now they are on board the writing will take it up a notch.

daniel’s wife makes numerous jokes about how absurd it is?

Cobra kai is ok but the story line is throwing me.

We are seeing begining martial artists with no prior training fight like seasoned black belts after only a few months. The moves alone that Diaz is doing would have taken years to master. Not one solid summer in a dojo and no way would he have come close to winning the tournament let alone win 3 and 4 on 1 fights. And don't get me started on Hawk lol.

So exactly in-line with the first movie then?

I just don't get the over the top fued between Daniel and Johnny. Its losing its appeal and feeling forced. Also why the hell is their even a dojo war. As if that even happens. Lol. It's ruining the show. Half of that story line could have been left out.

Over all, the fights are entertaining but that's it. Everything else just leaves you scratching your head thinking why?

The show-runners know its ridiculous, thats the point. Daniel's wife even has a line about the karate dojo war when they run into Johnny and Miguel's mum at dinner.

Someone else put it best earlier in the thread - they acknowledge what the show is then play a completely straight bat. Somehow it works imo.

Cobra kai is ok but the story line is throwing me.

We are seeing begining martial artists with no prior training fight like seasoned black belts after only a few months. The moves alone that Diaz is doing would have taken years to master. Not one solid summer in a dojo and no way would he have come close to winning the tournament let alone win 3 and 4 on 1 fights. And don't get me started on Hawk lol.

I just don't get the over the top fued between Daniel and Johnny. Its losing its appeal and feeling forced. Also why the hell is their even a dojo war. As if that even happens. Lol. It's ruining the show. Half of that story line could have been left out.

Over all, the fights are entertaining but that's it. Everything else just leaves you scratching your head thinking why?

People have crazy fueds all the time. Bikies, crims, people from all walks of life. You wouldn't have heard this before but people actually kill each other. Sounds crazy, I know. But it happens:rolleyes: people getting sued etc. Emotion. Silliness, revenge, wronged. I could go on all day.

In any case feuds happen and yes rival gyms/fighters do go at war with each other. And some people do pick up skills very quickly. Some over time evolve, some just don't and never will full stop.

It's your opinion in any case and the show like all things aren't for everyone. Don't start a fued over it though. You're on the wrong side of the tracks here. And definitely on the spectrum.

So exactly in-line with the first movie then?

The show-runners know its ridiculous, thats the point. Daniel's wife even has a line about the karate dojo war when they run into Johnny and Miguel's mum at dinner.

Someone else put it best earlier in the thread - they acknowledge what the show is then play a completely straight bat. Somehow it works imo.

Daniel's wife and also Dimitri's character serves that purpose in season one and early season two til he joins and becomes a more serious character.

I can actually also speak from experience, of two local MMA instructors who worked together then had a falling out, and started something of a 'dojo war' when my mate who was an instructor moved to another gym to start new classes and took students with him.

What made it even worse was that his younger brother stepped up in his place at the old gym and his parents bankrolled the former partner/instructor out of his debt. So it became a family drama on top of that.

So yeah, things happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me at the end of ep 1

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/*_yeah.gif

NGL , got a bit emotional when he went to Miyagis grave and had the flashback.
This had me blubbering NGL

" HASHBROWN TEAM COBRA KAI "

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Last edited:
I can actually also speak from experience, of two local MMA instructors who worked together then had a falling out, and started something of a 'dojo war' when my mate who was an instructor moved to another gym to start new classes and took students with him.

What made it even worse was that his younger brother stepped up in his place at the old gym and his parents bankrolled the former partner/instructor out of his debt. So it became a family drama on top of that.

So yeah, things happen.
lol sounds like cobra kai.

and yep, things like that happen all the time. In fact many '' normal '' gyms have partnerships falling out. Once again, life in general stuff like that happens. Football clubs have head coaches turn on each other after disagreements. It happens so often.

OK i'm caught up.

Mannnnn * Robby and his beautiful hair.
That School brawl was all kinds of awesome , best part was Demetri sending Hawk into the trophy cabinet.

Don't think i've ever rooted for a pair of blokes to be mates harder than i have Daniel and Johnny but there's other-wordly forces at work preventing them.

Last edited:
Loved the series, have re watched Johnnys funniest clips over and over. Twas disappointed somewhat with the finale and acting. Stingray role was unnecessary. Can only handle Demetrius in small doses but that’s just me. Highly enjoyable show. Think season 1 was the better of the two.

So yeah, things happen.
It's really just business in general. Competitors in a market. It's just more interesting watching a 'dojo war' then two dog washing businesses whose owners don't like each other.

It's really just business in general. Competitors in a market. It's just more interesting watching a 'dojo war' then two dog washing businesses whose owners don't like each other.

Well, funny you should mention it, my sister in law owns a dog wash van, and you see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johny Lawrence vs Mike '' Bad Boy '' Barnes

How could Lawrence beat him? How did Daniel Beat him? Bad Boy was toying with him getting points deducted etc. If he didn't he would have finished off the reigning All Valley Champion and become champion himself. LaRuso got lucky with the strategy.

Can't see Johny beating Bad Boy. He was a different beast. Even for a bad boy like Johnny himself. Would have loved to have seen that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back