Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Which means we also have a few other villains to introduce yet....
I thought about that, I just dont see them being added to the mix, especially given there is a lot to resolve with the current young cast and the stories of the characters in KK3.

As I said I definitely believe Hilary Swank will be a part of it, as a former student of Miyagi but I dont think her enemies or love interest will be in Cobra Kai as there is enough going on as it is.

Mind you I could be wrong. However, they did say this series has about 3 seasons left in it.

Which means we also have a few other villains to introduce yet....

As I said earlier, given the series is "only" expected to go for another 3 seasons, I dont see the villains of KK4 being included in Cobra Kai.

Not to mention, they would feel out of place in this universe. At least introducing Julie in Cobra Kai makes some sense at least.

What about that teacher with the neck beard “mr stingray doesn’t work here”

My understanding is that there was some work conflict with the actor (ie he was working on another show), he will return in future seasons of this show.

My understanding is that there was some work conflict with the actor (ie he was working on another show), he will return in future seasons of this show.
Always need a funny fat guy in shows like this always works

I thought about that, I just dont see them being added to the mix, especially given there is a lot to resolve with the current young cast and the stories of the characters in KK3.

As I said I definitely believe Hilary Swank will be a part of it, as a former student of Miyagi but I dont think her enemies or love interest will be in Cobra Kai as there is enough going on as it is.

Mind you I could be wrong. However, they did say this series has about 3 seasons left in it.

Michael Ironside wouldn't be an unwelcome addition. Maybe as a new hardarse teacher in the school.

Michael Ironside wouldn't be an unwelcome addition. Maybe as a new hardarse teacher in the school.

I dont think he belongs in the KK universe personally speaking. I also dont think they need to go down that path of including yet another complex character, that to be honest, no one would really care about.

At least with Julie (Swank) there is a solid connection.

Mind you, if the series goes beyond Season 6, they may need to include material from KK4.

I think this current show has only about 3 seasons left in it.

I dont think he belongs in the KK universe personally speaking. I also dont think they need to go down that path of including yet another complex character, that to be honest, no one would really care about.

At least with Julie (Swank) there is a solid connection.

Mind you, if the series goes beyond Season 6, they may need to include material from KK4.

I think this current show has only about 3 seasons left in it.

I don't think you need to make him that complex but as a potential foil for the school kids he would work. He wasn't well written in the 4th but neither was Mike Barnes really. I only see the potential, which is Michael Ironsides character being a villain school teacher who has established history with Mr Miygai and none of the current cast of characters know him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you need to make him that complex but as a potential foil for the school kids he would work. He wasn't well written in the 4th but neither was Mike Barnes really. I only see the potential, which is Michael Ironsides character being a villain school teacher who has established history with Mr Miygai and none of the current cast of characters know him.

This is where we disagree. I just dont think there is scope to explore the antagonists in KK4 in Cobra Kai, given that the story arcs of so many characters needs to be completed in the series.

Thats just my opinion, this series is rumoured to only be 6 seasons. So to me it seems a stretch to roll in the bad guys from KK4 and have those stories completed within a season in say season 5 and season 6 and also complete the story arcs of all the remaining characters of Cobra Kai, especially given that season 4 is going to focus on the tournament fight.

This is where we disagree. I just dont think there is scope to explore the antagonists in KK4 in Cobra Kai, given that the story arcs of so many characters needs to be completed in the series.

Thats just my opinion, this series is rumoured to only be 6 seasons. So to me it seems a stretch to roll in the bad guys from KK4 and have those stories completed within a season in say season 5 and season 6 and also complete the story arcs of all the remaining characters of Cobra Kai, especially given that season 4 is going to focus on the tournament fight.

Resolving arcs can be done within 4 episodes. 1st season did quite well building up and then reaching the tournament just fine on its own. Hell, Daniel's trip to Japan was a 2 episode arc.

I don't care about the other goons from KK4 but getting actors like Swank and Ironside into the mix would be pretty awesome. A lot of the other kids fell more into the background that last season so the opportunity is there.

Resolving arcs can be done within 4 episodes. 1st season did quite well building up and then reaching the tournament just fine on its own. Hell, Daniel's trip to Japan was a 2 episode arc.

I don't care about the other goons from KK4 but getting actors like Swank and Ironside into the mix would be pretty awesome. A lot of the other kids fell more into the background that last season so the opportunity is there.

Swank will definitely play a role in Cobra Kai. I couldnt care less about Ironside, really would add next to nothing to the series. When fans of this series talked about the movies, almost no one cared about the events of KK4. For starters Ironside has zero connection to any current character of Cobra Kai.

If anything it would be like jumping the shark by including Ironside in it, imo.

Only time will tell who is right, but I do not see anyone else from KK4 in Cobra Kai aside from Swank.

I honestly didn’t even realise there was a KK4 until reading this thread. And I would of seen the first 3 movies dozens of times. Poorly timed ignorance I guess.

I honestly didn’t even realise there was a KK4 until reading this thread. And I would of seen the first 3 movies dozens of times. Poorly timed ignorance I guess.
Not really, the movie is not at all held in the same regard as the first three. Easy to miss to be honest. KK4 is really cringey, thats saying something too. lol.

Also its called "The Next Karate Kid".

Hell there is even stupid rumours of including somehow the Smith version of Karate kid 2010 in this universe.

In any case, this Cobra Kai series, is more of a fun nostalgic extension of some 80s movies, not something to take seriously.

Not really, the movie is not at all held in the same regard as the first three. Easy to miss to be honest. KK4 is really cringey, thats saying something too. lol.

Also its called "The Next Karate Kid".

Hell there is even stupid rumours of including somehow the Smith version of Karate kid 2010 in this universe.

In any case, this Cobra Kai series, is more of a fun nostalgic extension of some 80s movies, not something to take seriously.
I’ve never attempted to watch the Smith recreation out of principle. Ha

Swank will definitely play a role in Cobra Kai. I couldnt care less about Ironside, really would add next to nothing to the series. When fans of this series talked about the movies, almost no one cared about the events of KK4. For starters Ironside has zero connection to any current character of Cobra Kai.

If anything it would be like jumping the shark by including Ironside in it, imo.

Only time will tell who is right, but I do not see anyone else from KK4 in Cobra Kai aside from Swank.

That was my point about zero connection being a positive. No one knows who he is or why he would hold a grudge initially. I'm not suggesting Ironside go out and fight alongside Kreese or whatever but have his own agenda within the school. This series so far has a great track record of pulling out obscure characters from the series and doing great things with them.

Next Karate Kid is fine for what it is, better than 3. Its ending is very weak though and showed they wrote themselves into a corner. 3 was talked about because of how appallingly bad it was. They tried to justify Daniel's lack of skill in KK3 in that last season with his daughter going through the same thing but it wasn't entirely convincing.

The show won't knock back someone like Hilary Swank being interested.

Would it be strange that her and Daniel never crossed paths before? Not at Myagi's funeral or something?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The show won't knock back someone like Hilary Swank being interested.

Would it be strange that her and Daniel never crossed paths before? Not at Myagi's funeral or something?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I've wondered how long this Cobra Kai to Netflix thing was brewing for with Swank taking on a few roles under their umbrella.

Actually, I completely forgot Walton Goggins was in Next Karate Kid so there's another possibility!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back