Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam's line about fighting being different for a girl was one of the great moments of this show that cut straight through to real life. Maybe the first time it wasn't coming from Johnny too.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I hope they don’t go down the path of Terry Silver being Tori or Miguel’s dad as interesting as it might be. I do think we might see Miguel’s dad next season. I saw on a video that in KK3, when silver is in the bath and making deals to dump his chemicals, the person he was speaking to, his name was Cole. The guy who tried to buy Daniel’s business is also Cole so maybe a possible family connection.....

I hope they don’t go down the path of Terry Silver being Tori or Miguel’s dad as interesting as it might be. I do think we might see Miguel’s dad next season. I saw on a video that in KK3, when silver is in the bath and making deals to dump his chemicals, the person he was speaking to, his name was Cole. The guy who tried to buy Daniel’s business is also Cole so maybe a possible family connection.....

Damn, that would be some very impressive attention to detail if there is a connection.

Miguel's dad IMO may remain a mystery for the time being, may even be irrelevant for the show?

I think Tori's dad will have some meaningful background. The fact that she was fairly highly skilled in martial arts, suggests obviously she has had prior training. As to who trained her and her being related to Terry Silver or even Mike Barnes daughter remains to be seen as a possible explanation.

Lets not forget in the universe, Mike Barnes and Daniel-san are about the same age, so having a daughter the same age as Sam makes sense.

Terry Silver is meant to be a lot older than Daniel. (in reality the actor is younger than Ralph).

start of season will be very slow. Dan goes on holiday to japan to seek clarity. Gets beaten a few times by chozen, have some tea with kumiko And then has a lightbulb moment where he realises he should come back.

Johhny goes through a similar experience that involves not shaving for a while and then has a lightbukb moment that tells him to shave (and help miguel get out of hospital bed).

miguel is in a hospital bed/wheel chair for at least two thirds of the season. Possibly all of the season with him standing up and doing a karate chop in the post credits scene of the season finale.

robbie is teaming up with kruese (after spending half a season in juvi)

johnny and daniel are teaming up.

miguel will not be going back to cobra kai and instead is on team johnny and dan but in a wheel chair. Guarantees sam and miguel are getting back together.

anything else i missed? oh the jock from season 1 is coming back to learn karate to boost cobra kais numbers and provide a minor side Story for hawk who will also be redeemed by karate kicking the jock in the head in the finale and switches to team dan and johhny.

Haha holy s**t dude, apart from Miguel recovering quicker you ****ing nailed it :tearsofjoy:

Reckon all the three kk movies are delightfully corny and formulaic in their own individual ways.

Yeah me too. I can see why no. 3 is regarded as the red-headed step child of the bunch, but I still enjoy it. More Kreese, Terry Silver and bad boy Mike Barnes :D

Really all it was missing was a decent move to finish the bad guy. Daniel's kata thing to focus and calm himself... Mike Barnes is utterly perplexed by it.. *s sake, just hit him again bad boy! Crane kick or okinawan hand drum it was not lol :tearsofjoy:

Yeah me too. I can see why no. 3 is regarded as the red-headed step child of the bunch, but I still enjoy it. More Kreese, Terry Silver and bad boy Mike Barnes :D

Really all it was missing was a decent move to finish the bad guy. Daniel's kata thing to focus and calm himself... Mike Barnes is utterly perplexed by it.. fu**s sake, just hit him again bad boy! Crane kick or okinawan hand drum it was not lol :tearsofjoy:

I like the music during the kata though. Tbh the drum technique isnt that great either but they both kinda work in the context of the movies.

I did like they called back to the moment Daniel was shitting himself from Mike Barnes and Miyagi said "ok to lose to opponent but must not lose to fear" in Daniels talk with Sam.

I thought he revealed it coz he thought it would give him an edge in the fight, mess with Kreese's head.

Yeah, good point. All it achieved was the most epic Eye of the Tiger moment. That set Kreese down a dark path.

I reckon I am in for another KK I-IV rewatch soon. Cobra Kai has made this fan of the series feel like IV is now canon to the story even though we aren’t up to anything IV related yet.

In series 2 didn’t Kreese tell Johnny that an old war buddy offered him a job but he turned it down? Could that have been Silver?

If it’s as simple as making a phone call and Silver comes running, I wonder where Silver has been the last 10 years while Kreese has been living in a shelter? Wouldn’t the billionaire help him out???

Must be some story in there....

Easy enough to handle I reckon - Kreese too proud to ask for a handout etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, good point. All it achieved was the most epic Eye of the Tiger moment. That set Kreese down a dark path.

I reckon I am in for another KK I-IV rewatch soon. Cobra Kai has made this fan of the series feel like IV is now canon to the story even though we aren’t up to anything IV related yet.

I was actually reading up on this yesterday. The producers of cobra kai have said it is canon apparently.

I had never seen the whole movie maybe bits and pieces back in the 90's on TV. So I just watched some clips on youtube to get the gist of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall probably a slightly weaker season, but not by much. And the last 2 eps in particular, wowee. The nostaligia and feels :D

And man, when I realised it was Terry Silver in the POW camp with Kreese. So good.

Johnny still the best thing about it for mine. Reckon my favourite moment in the whole season might have been his little eyebrow raise to Daniel when he finds out Ali is single, I lost it :tearsofjoy:

I like the music during the kata though. Tbh the drum technique isnt that great either but they both kinda work in the context of the movies.

I did like they called back to the moment Daniel was shitting himself from Mike Barnes and Miyagi said "ok to lose to opponent but must not lose to fear" in Daniels talk with Sam.

Yeah that was great, "Oi!!"

Thought they might have cut it back in again when Sam gets a hold of herself in the last fight with Tori, in addition to Daniel's words.

I was actually reading up on this yesterday. The producers of cobra kai have said it is canon apparently.

I had never seen the whole movie maybe bits and pieces back in the 90's on TV. So I just watched some clips on youtube to get the gist of it.
The series is basically locked for 3 more seasons.

Expect to see Julie-San (Swank) at some stage. Given there is a lot to get through in s4, any Julie references may come late in the season or in s5 most definitely.

I watched it a few months ago and it is a surprisingly decent film. I’d say check it out if you can. Anything Mr. Miyagi is bound to have its moments.

I fully expect Sam to be shitting herself in the same way Daniel did with his fight with Barnes at the tournament fight in KK3.

Its almost guaranteed the two of them will fight in the tournament, with Tory going all psycho on Sam.

Which is why I had the theory that Barnes may be Tory's father.

I fully expect Sam to be shitting herself in the same way Daniel did with his fight with Barnes at the tournament fight in KK3.

Its almost guaranteed the two of them will fight in the tournament, with Tory going all psycho on Sam.

Yeah he could be and if he is still full villian it could explain why he abondoned his wife and kids.

I liked how Tory's hoodies had the skeleton design from the halloween party in KK1 and then Chozen's yellow and black checkers later in the season.

Was it ever explained why Daniel never had to fight in the preliminary rounds of the All Valley as the defending champion but Johnny had to previously? Just something ive pondered.

I watched it a few months ago and it is a surprisingly decent film. I’d say check it out if you can. Anything Mr. Miyagi is bound to have its moments.

I'm one of about 5 people who saw it in the cinema in Australia and yeah its fine for its time. Just the finale involving the wharf and barrels on fire made no sense. All that build up for that...

I think most who saw it in the cinema went for Mr Miyagi . There was one moment after a typical Miyagi lecture where Julie says 'You know, I wish you would give an answer I could understand' and there was a short pause almost as a nod to the audience knowing Miyagi was going to follow up with self parody and sure enough 'Answer only important when ask right question'. That got a good laugh.

Was it ever explained why Daniel never had to fight in the preliminary rounds of the All Valley as the defending champion but Johnny had to previously? Just something ive pondered.
Terry Silver made it that way since he was sponsoring the tournament, to guarantee he would fight Barnes.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

you could be right Grott. I like that theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back