Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Mike Barnes in that teaser. I hope he has a big role as Silver's sidekick. He was a professional karate champion in KK3 so in theory - given the ages of all the original characters - he should a better fighter than Daniel, Johnny, Chozen, Silver & Kreese. And hopefully the same scumbag he always was.

No Mike Barnes in that teaser. I hope he has a big role as Silver's sidekick. He was a professional karate champion in KK3 so in theory - given the ages of all the original characters - he should a better fighter than Daniel, Johnny, Chozen, Silver & Kreese. And hopefully the same scumbag he always was.

Chozen should be the best 'fighter', around same age as Daniel, etc, appears to have stayed in fighting shape his whole life, has been taught how to fight to defend and kill if necessary, not to win tournaments. He's basically Mr Miyagi, but with a more volatile personality.

Silver can fight maybe second best, but based on flashbacks he didn't know martial arts in the way and was probably taught everything but Kreese afterwards.

Terry Silver
Chozen should be the best 'fighter', around same age as Daniel, etc, appears to have stayed in fighting shape his whole life, has been taught how to fight to defend and kill if necessary, not to win tournaments. He's basically Mr Miyagi, but with a more volatile personality.

Silver can fight maybe second best, but based on flashbacks he didn't know martial arts in the way and was probably taught everything but Kreese afterwards.
Chozen looks older then silver though even though he should be younger. He hasnt aged well.

plus chozen grew up as a rich kid in post 80s japan. The only do or death battle he was probably in was the one with daniel.

silver moves better and has actual war experience.

Chozen looks older then silver though even though he should be younger. He hasnt aged well.

plus chozen grew up as a rich kid in post 80s japan. The only do or death battle he was probably in was the one with daniel.

silver moves better and has actual war experience.
With due respect to his war experience...

It's difficult to see how he was selected for an elite unit based on that flashback footage.

We've only seen Chozen move in scenes with Daniel lol let's see how he goes when he doesn't have to worry about embarassing the main actor who's also the worst martial artist.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Isnt Daniel, Johnny and Mike Barnes all about the same age in the Miyagi universe?

I expect Mike Barnes to come up in one of the last trailers before the release.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Isnt Daniel, Johnny and Mike Barnes all about the same age in the Miyagi universe?

I expect Mike Barnes to come up in one of the last trailers before the release.

Yes, Barnes is around the same age as Daniel and Johnny. Chozen may have been a couple of years older. My point was that a 50 year-old Barnes - if he kept training and competing - should be a more dangerous combatant than anyone, including Silver. The actor who plays Silver recently turned 60 but the character - who served in Vietnam - must be in his early 70’s according to the KK timeline. Anyway, no-one bullied LaRusso as effortlessly as Barnes did. He should be a formidable badass if he plays the villain in Cobra Kai.

Christ, I’m starting to sound like a sci-fi geek at a Comicon convention :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back