Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont get me started on T6 killing off John Connor.

I was backing the Rev 9 or whatever that abomination it was the entire time.

Many Terminator fans hate everything after T2. At least T3,T4,T5 had some continuation and connection, which made watching T1 to T5 some meaning.

Not too fond of the movies post-T2. But I think “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” is excellent and in need of a Season 3.

Not too fond of the movies post-T2. But I think “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” is excellent and in need of a Season 3.
TSSC will never have a s3. Tragic really. Most die hard Terminator fans while they hate everything post T2, a lot do like TSSC.

In 2022, they would have done a TV movie at least to complete the series. Back in those days, it was way ahead of its time.

Loved a lot of storylines in TSCC, plenty of material available IMO to reboot the Terminator franchise. I think they may follow the steps of Prey for Predator.

I think James Cameron picked up the Sarah Connor chronicles writer to do Dark Fate.

So obviously I don't think we will ever get closure on that show.

I don't think it was brilliant, season two suffered from LOTS of filler, but it's high points were up to the standard of carrying on from T2. Season one was much better as it was less than half the episodes of two.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I think James Cameron picked up the Sarah Connor chronicles writer to do Dark Fate.

So obviously I don't think we will ever get closure on that show.

I don't think it was brilliant, season two suffered from LOTS of filler, but it's high points were up to the standard of carrying on from T2. Season one was much better as it was more than half the episodes of two.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
IIRC it was a victim of the writers strike at the time in the 2000s.

Filler episodes killed any momentum it had.

S1 was only about 10 episodes which means it had a good pace. S2 was longer and you could clearly feel the filler episodes killing the show.

A lot of Terminator fans complained about how Woke Dark Fate got, which is the primary reason along with killing John why it failed.

IIRC it was a victim of the writers strike at the time in the 2000s.

Filler episodes killed any momentum it had.

S1 was only about 10 episodes which means it had a good pace. S2 was longer and you could clearly feel the filler episodes killing the show.

A lot of Terminator fans complained about how Woke Dark Fate got, which is the primary reason along with killing John why it failed.

It wasn't a victim of the strike it all. The strike meant only nine episodes were feasible. It actually benefitted from it. Once that was over, back to a normal (for the time) season length of 20+ episodes, and that is what killed it. Too much filler, too many crap subplots.

It wasn't a victim of the strike it all. The strike meant only nine episodes were feasible. It actually benefitted from it. Once that was over, back to a normal (for the time) season length of 20+ episodes, and that is what killed it. Too much filler, too many crap subplots.
Yes it was.

Your comments are taken straight from this article.

What you have missed is the fact that sequence of events led to ultimately a cliffhanger finale in s2 that may have been completed in s2 itself instead of a potential s3.

A bigger s1 would have meant that the first couple of episodes of S2 would have been included in S1.

The article says it benefited from a shorter season. I would argue that it didnt.

If you read deeper into the article:

The show did receive a second season before being canceled, but the “what if”s surrounding its first season, and whether it might have found even more of an audience had Friedman been able to actively work on it, remain unknown.

I dunno mate, I we agree to disagree here.

These days around 10 episode seasons is considered perfect for premium TV. The season one cliffhanger is what made it great too, that whole last episode had brilliant scenes, like the massacre to Johnny Cash, 90210 guy and John on the bench watching Kyle as a kid, it was top quality.

Back in 2008, the Writers Guild of America launched a strike that tore through Hollywood. The biggest result of this was the launch of a plethora of reality shows, but that wasn't the only casualty - TSCC took a hit as well.

Originally, the series was meant to be picked up for a full season run of 13 episodes, but because of the strike, it only ended up producing nine in the first season.

Additionally, the strike forced Fox to move the show from its planned Monday 8pm slot to an hour later, which didn't help its ratings.

It premiered with a record-breaking number of viewers and garnered a quick order for a second season, but it's likely that it wouldn't have suffered the ratings cut had Fox been able to proceed with the series as it originally planned.

Ok, that's interesting, 13 episodes is good.

But my point remains, even if you do that and take 4 episodes of season two, season two was still too long for the inconsistent quality.

Ok, that's interesting, 13 episodes is good.

But my point remains, even if you do that and take 4 episodes of season two, season two was still too long for the inconsistent quality.
I did say straight off the bat that filler episodes is what I felt killed the show.

I didnt mind them, only because I watched the series after it had already ended. So when you binge, it effects you less having a filler episode every now and again.

I can see why some viewers left the show after a filler episode one too many.

Bringing this all back to Cobra Kai, there is a lot of deleted scenes from each season that I wish were included and "polished" and included in the future. For a show that is binge watched, a few filler scenes wont hurt the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished the current season last night

Part of me really likes this show and the other part of me just can't relate to high school karate kids
Probably neither do the kids on the show either, a lot of them are in their 20s.

Ralph Fatchio in KK3.

Have a look at him from this flick just prior to Karate Kid, he looks like, 9. He's comfortably the youngest looking of the bunch. Even that other young kid next to him seems to have a couple years on Danielsan.

The-Outsiders-Cast-Where-Are-They-Now-Feature.jpg

Emilio Estevez literally looks like he could be his dad.

A lot of fun, that season. Probably have it as one of the weaker ones, but seeing the opponents from the first 3 movies on screen together was pretty awesome - Johnny and Chozen bonding over bullying Daniel was amazing lol

Mike Barnes criminally underused, but I can understand it - he wouldn't really fit in Kreese as an additional antagonist with all the extra help he brought in, and Daniel already had his team with Johnny and Chozen. Hope we get a bit more of him next season. Johnny remains my personal hero and a living god among men :tearsofjoy:

I think it struggled a bit from the need they seem to have to 'top' the previous season in terms of fighting and spectacle, if that makes sense. The conclusion worked imo as finale (if they didn't happen to get another season, but surely they will), but didn't make a whole lot of sense - like yeah Silver is exposed as the one who really assaulted Stingray, but the Miyagi kids still broke into private property and an all out battle royal of underage children ensued, I'd assume there'd be at least some police blow back there lol. Likewise Chozen, Johnny and Barnes slamming through the gate to Silver's house, on video no less.

Unsure what they do with Kreese in a season 6, he's a fugitive now so not like he can be swanning around town turning up at dojos or whatever.

A lot of fun, that season. Probably have it as one of the weaker ones, but seeing the opponents from the first 3 movies on screen together was pretty awesome - Johnny and Chozen bonding over bullying Daniel was amazing lol

Mike Barnes criminally underused, but I can understand it - he wouldn't really fit in Kreese as an additional antagonist with all the extra help he brought in, and Daniel already had his team with Johnny and Chozen. Hope we get a bit more of him next season. Johnny remains my personal hero and a living god among men :tearsofjoy:

I think it struggled a bit from the need they seem to have to 'top' the previous season in terms of fighting and spectacle, if that makes sense. The conclusion worked imo as finale (if they didn't happen to get another season, but surely they will), but didn't make a whole lot of sense - like yeah Silver is exposed as the one who really assaulted Stingray, but the Miyagi kids still broke into private property and an all out battle royal of underage children ensued, I'd assume there'd be at least some police blow back there lol. Likewise Chozen, Johnny and Barnes slamming through the gate to Silver's house, on video no less.

Unsure what they do with Kreese in a season 6, he's a fugitive now so not like he can be swanning around town turning up at dojos or whatever.

Daniel telling Chozen that Barnes tried to kill him. “You don’t forget or forgive that.”. The look on Chozen’s face because he tried to kill Daniel as well. 😂

I've always believed the endgame of the series is the ultimate redemption of Kreese. He is the one constant throughout that has not really changed (apart from some fleeting glimpses late in season 4, particularly in the last fight where he was clearly uneasy with some of Silver's tactics), but suspect season 6 will tie up his story, in terms of him turning around eventually 180 degrees. How will be the interesting part.

I've always believed the endgame of the series is the ultimate redemption of Kreese. He is the one constant throughout that has not really changed (apart from some fleeting glimpses late in season 4, particularly in the last fight where he was clearly uneasy with some of Silver's tactics), but suspect season 6 will tie up his story, in terms of him turning around eventually 180 degrees. How will be the interesting part.
Kreese will never change.

IMO a better ending would have been Johnny be like he is, 'lets hope he and Kreese share a cell' then the cop saying that with this, Kreese will be exonerated of the crime and set free. Kreese walks free, reclaims the Cobra Kai IP, and passes it on to Johnny. Then hooray, fresh conflict between him and Daniel.

Kreese will never change.

IMO a better ending would have been Johnny be like he is, 'lets hope he and Kreese share a cell' then the cop saying that with this, Kreese will be exonerated of the crime and set free. Kreese walks free, reclaims the Cobra Kai IP, and passes it on to Johnny. Then hooray, fresh conflict between him and Daniel.
I can't see Johnny and Daniel going back to conflict after taking so long to get them on the same page.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back