Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Good series, William Zabka is the best part of it, and his storyline is also the best in my opinion. He has the arc of having to get his life in order, and is the most relatable.

I noticed a bit of an anti-SJW agenda which is interesting. I suppose they are targeting 80s kids who would not be into today's version of political correctness, so it makes sense.

I didn't like how the relationships broke down for no good reason. LaRusso's daughter gets grounded so Miguel thinks she is breaking up with him and he gets drunk and hits her. It's a believable chain of circumstances but it doesn't tell much of a story.

I also didn't like Johnny Lawrence's kid.

Daniel LaRusso also didn't need to tell Johnny at the end that he got what he wanted. From a writing perspective it was a bit heavy handed, but as a character it was unnecessary, as Johnny was trying to show concern and perhaps pride in his son.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this series. I liked some of the 80s references, such as Rocky III, and I was hoping they would have a Rocky III moment at the end, although that never happened. The main young character/s turning out to be the bad guys was a nice surprise and unusual for a teen show.

I would centre the show more around Johnny and his struggles from now on, assuming they go into Season 2.
Funny how he thought they were breaking up and he sees her arrive at the party. They make it just like the original where Daniel saw Johnny kissing Ali at the club { he kissed her not the other way around } but what he saw they were kissing, he didnt see the punch she gave johnny. It was like what was happening to daniel in the 1st one was exactly what was happening to Johnny and his student in cobra kai. Role reversal.

Why isn't this on Netflix :/

thanks for posting this on here. Was awesome that it was brought to our attention. I was sceptical but the previews looked good and after watching the first 2 eps tired, was still sceptical but it got better as they went on. After watching the next 8, I ******* loved it. Can't wait for the next series and have watched karate kid today in full as well as other snippets from ep 1 and 3 over the last week or two.

Legend.

I dunno. Johnny gets in his ear. He observes her lying about him to Daniel. He sees her having fun with some random guy. She doesn't answer any of his calls then turns up to a party she didn't know he was going to be at with that guy. He's young, drunk, and has confidence issues. It seemed natural to me.
I agree.

Numerous people agree and have said that. I'm not one of them. Daniel already was talking to Ali at the beach and it was clear they liked each other. Johnny came from nowhere on his bike and was kid of aggressive with Ali. Definitely aggressive when he grabbed her radio and threw it. She did promise to talk to him if he gave it back though. LaRuso butted in but again understandable. He didn't know who Johnny was and hthere was a quick connection already established with Ali. He was just doing what any guy would do. So was Johnny really. That's his ex, he just wanted to talk and this geek wimp laruso chimed in. Johnny threw him to the ground and then Laruso went after him. Got nailed.

After that when laruso arrived at his new school where all the crew above went Johnny told bobby to trip Daniel when they were playing soccer. He did. What ever happened after the first fight could have been left to die but Johnny didn't let it. And he kicked laruso ass.

After school that day or thereabouts after going to the karate dojo and leaving because Cobra Kai trained there Laruso went next door and was eating with his mum. The cobra kai kid saw that through the window and called back johnny and co { they said goodbye before that and went in opposite directions } to come and take a look. They scoped him out and later on when daniel was riding his bike home they all bullied him on their motorbikes and knocked him down the cliff.

Daniel was at fault for bthe shower incident but Ali was in his ear saying how she'd love for him to get what he deserves and when Laruso said what goes around comes around she said she'd love to be there when it happens. Larusos fault but the flame was ignited. Laruso got his ass kicked again for it.

Anyway funny how campaigners dissect this s**t likes it real life { now i just did, but did it for those campaigners } But laruso can't be the real bully imo. That belief stemmed from some show I haven't even watched but you campaigners have mentioned.

Numerous people agree and have said that. I'm not one of them. Daniel already was talking to Ali at the beach and it was clear they liked each other. Johnny came from nowhere on his bike and was kid of aggressive with Ali. Definitely aggressive when he grabbed her radio and threw it. She did promise to talk to him if he gave it back though. LaRuso butted in but again understandable. He didn't know who Johnny was and hthere was a quick connection already established with Ali. He was just doing what any guy would do. So was Johnny really. That's his ex, he just wanted to talk and this geek wimp laruso chimed in. Johnny threw him to the ground and then Laruso went after him. Got nailed.

After that when laruso arrived at his new school where all the crew above went Johnny told bobby to trip Daniel when they were playing soccer. He did. What ever happened after the first fight could have been left to die but Johnny didn't let it. And he kicked laruso ass.

After school that day or thereabouts after going to the karate dojo and leaving because Cobra Kai trained there Laruso went next door and was eating with his mum. The cobra kai kid saw that through the window and called back johnny and co { they said goodbye before that and went in opposite directions } to come and take a look. They scoped him out and later on when daniel was riding his bike home they all bullied him on their motorbikes and knocked him down the cliff.

Daniel was at fault for bthe shower incident but Ali was in his ear saying how she'd love for him to get what he deserves and when Laruso said what goes around comes around she said she'd love to be there when it happens. Larusos fault but the flame was ignited. Laruso got his ass kicked again for it.

Anyway funny how campaigners dissect this s**t likes it real life { now i just did, but did it for those campaigners } But laruso can't be the real bully imo. That belief stemmed from some show I haven't even watched but you campaigners have mentioned.

lol do people really think Daniel was the instigator in the movie? I always thought it was just a joke and a funny bit in How I Met Your Mother.

Still, loved the part in Cobra Kai when Johnny is laying out the story to Miguel, sounded entirely reasonable from his point of view. Problem was he conveniently left out 2 key events - his guys tripping Daniel at soccer on his first day at school and them pushing him off his bike down the hill, both completely unprovoked aggressions.

lol do people really think Daniel was the instigator in the movie? I always thought it was just a joke and a funny bit in How I Met Your Mother.

Still, loved the part in Cobra Kai when Johnny is laying out the story to Miguel, sounded entirely reasonable from his point of view. Problem was he conveniently left out 2 key events - his guys tripping Daniel at soccer on his first day at school and them pushing him off his bike down the hill, both completely unprovoked aggressions.
haha yeah he did leave out those crucial two points didn't he. I agree it did sound reasonable when he told Miguel the story.

And yep, quite a few people actually do agree that Daniel was the real instigator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well theres trips and theres trips. This one is blatant, they get in his face straight after, then pretend he started it when crying to the coach and get him kicked off the team.
Exactly. It was intentional. Not to mention he already got his ass kicked and was made to look a fool by Johnny and his mates at the Beach { beating him up and driving past him on their bikes when he was on the floor getting sand allover him }

On top of that the guys that were supposed to be his mates { the guy who lives at the flat and his friends} that he was playing soccer at the beach and chilling with before johnny came, gave him s**t on his first day at school before the soccer match started.

Laruso couldn't expected to do nothing after they're going after him again. He would only be more of a target than he already was and half a man with balls would have did the same thing.

Watchable but really feels like a soap opera. All the key relationships intertwining so much feels contrived. Too many "as ifs" with love triangles and such

Watchable but really feels like a soap opera. All the key relationships intertwining so much feels contrived. Too many "as ifs" with love triangles and such

The creation of Hawk is the ultimate as if :p

Just finished the only dissapointment was that no one called that kid Xander a cream puff from the crowd.
But Johnny telling Miguel to kick that pansy in the face was gold. On second thought Johnny should have referred to him as a cream puff it would have been a great throwback.

Yeah the acting isnt great but I enjoyed it for what it is. Cant wait for season 2. I hope they redeem Miguel though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back