Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

'' cool rattle snake ''

'' it's not a rattle snake it's a cobra ''

'' oh yeah. silly me. duh. it says on the sign. Cobra Kay ''

:)

love the other car dealer '' wa sa sa '' and does a piss take of a karate move when he's giving s**t to daniel. Funny campaigner.

Also Johnny

'' cool shirt ''

kid '' thanks ''

johnny '' I'm joking it sucks. I feel like a virgin looking at it.Lawrence is hilarious in Cobra Kai. Every campaigner likes him and goes against Laruso.

What I love about this series is what happend after 34 years to these guys.

Johnny is now a broken down man who's life is in the dumps while Daniel is a succesfull business man with wife and kids also the movies now act as Johnny and Daniels memories when they were kids

It's great.

Though Larusso's son has all the hallmarks to be a deadbeat sloth

The one thing that has always confused me is the girl who put Daniel san in the friendzone in KK3.

Gets beaten up by bullies, and she *s off to ohio to be with her jock bf, giving Larusso no chance at a redemption *? By rights, she should have fallen over with her legs in the air after the nightclub fight.

Never sat well with me that sub-plot.

They even tried to beta brand Johnny 'The Alpha Stud' Lawrence. The * was that at the end of the first movie when he hands Daniel the trophy "You're ok Larusso." ??

Just a few minor criticisms, but in my mind there is a bit of MKULTRA in the way they used the movie to neuter the Generation X male.

Did Daniel "I have no body hair and look like a 12 y/o girl' Larusso get any pussy in the entire series?

They should have ****ed Mr Miyagi off and replaced him with this bloke.

giphy.gif

Rewatching before the Youtube Red free trial period expires lol.

I've praised this plenty, it's flawless, it really is.

I am concerned though, moving forward, about two things.

Robbie. He was the worst person in the show. A literal criminal, skipping school, stealing, scamming, etc, despite not appearing to be a street kid or lower socio economic. He was an absolute dero. I feel he was redeemed way too quickly, and hope that in season 2, the brakes get put on that. He is neither the hero we want or deserve.

Ditto Daniel, went from being a two dimensional character with his own issues, back to the one dimensional good guy, in the late stages.

I hope they remember the show is called "Cobra Kai", and those characters and their mantras need to be at the heart of the story. A series that balanced showing all sides so well is dangerously close to tropes and cliches emerging.

The only thing I didn't like about the show is how goofy it went about stirring the conflict between Johnny & Daniel in the middle of the season.
Robbie. He was the worst person in the show. A literal criminal, skipping school, stealing, scamming, etc, despite not appearing to be a street kid or lower socio economic. He was an absolute dero. I feel he was redeemed way too quickly, and hope that in season 2, the brakes get put on that. He is neither the hero we want or deserve.
Would have worked if they gave as much screentime to Daniel mentoring him as they did to Johnny and Miguel. Instead he just got a montage, and his big decision to fight in the tournament happens offscreen.

Rewatching before the Youtube Red free trial period expires lol.

I've praised this plenty, it's flawless, it really is.

I am concerned though, moving forward, about two things.

Ditto Daniel, went from being a two dimensional character with his own issues, back to the one dimensional good guy, in the late stages.

I hope they remember the show is called "Cobra Kai", and those characters and their mantras need to be at the heart of the story. A series that balanced showing all sides so well is dangerously close to tropes and cliches emerging.

Kresse is back maybe they can have Robbie turn back to being a bad kid again but this time Johnny steps in.

Did anyone else find it funny that Larusso's daughter's whirlwind kick in the last episode demonstrated more martial arts skill than her dad showed in 3 movies and 10 episodes of the series?

More than anybody in the franchise, maybe except the Jackie Chan one.

I call a bit of BS there.

Does anybody else think that if we actually see Daniel fight, it could be embarrassing, given that the actor is nearly 60, and unlike others in that age group, isn't a seasoned action star that has kept in shape? They'd have to have to some very creative choreography and direction. Karate Kid 3 showed this with the Miyagi vs the Barnes, Kreese, and Terry Silver fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody else think that if we actually see Daniel fight, it could be embarrassing, given that the actor is nearly 60, and unlike others in that age group, isn't a seasoned action star that has kept in shape? They'd have to have to some very creative choreography and direction. Karate Kid 3 showed this with the Miyagi vs the Barnes, Kreese, and Terry Silver fight.

Yeah, plus I'm pretty sure out of all of them he was the one that didn't have any previous martial arts experience. His soccer skills in KK1 are better than his karate skills

Yeah, looking back now Ralph Macchio in the Karate kid movies, most of his fights, given the All Valley was full contact, he looked awful. Johnny, Dutch and the rest all look like fighting properly, where as his fights would be a succession of his opponents doing something stupid to let him hit them lightly (outside the Crane kick to the face). And they go down quicker then a $10 hooker.

You get to Cobra Kai and Johnny's training / fighting again looks real, where as the few bits of Daniel doing any training, looks very carefully choreographed to work around that he's skinny as and obviously no Karate skills. Sure he doesn't need to be a real black belt, but FFS, they got a decent budget and could have put him on an intense 2-3 month training schedule of Karate, plus hitting the gym. When they were all teens, him being skinny didn't look like such a mismatch to Johnny / Dutch etc. as they were lean, but now, it looks like even a not ripped William Zabka, would laugh off a hit from Daniel and one punch / kick him in half.

At least with Robbie and Miguel, this time around, both actually look like they know Karate.

Are underage full contact karate tournaments even a thing?
Surely not. Even if they were in the 80's, where health and safety concerns were less, surely not in any western country these days. Surely no parent would be able to sign off to let their kid potentially be permanently injured in a full contact tournament. It'd have to be a lawyers dream a real one. 'Ex-martial artist sues parents for crippling childhood injury'.

Still happy to suspend disbelief for it, rather then watch them duke it out with enough padding and protection to make it meaningless who wins and loses.

Especially some of the kicks seen in the movies/show, somebody really would be leaving in a body bag.

I don't feel that having gloves and headgear would kill the immersion. s**t still hurts.

Are underage full contact karate tournaments even a thing?
I was participating in full contact martial art tournaments when I was 13.

That was in 1986.

Yeah, looking back now Ralph Macchio in the Karate kid movies, most of his fights, given the All Valley was full contact, he looked awful. Johnny, Dutch and the rest all look like fighting properly, where as his fights would be a succession of his opponents doing something stupid to let him hit them lightly (outside the Crane kick to the face). And they go down quicker then a $10 hooker.

You get to Cobra Kai and Johnny's training / fighting again looks real, where as the few bits of Daniel doing any training, looks very carefully choreographed to work around that he's skinny as and obviously no Karate skills. Sure he doesn't need to be a real black belt, but FFS, they got a decent budget and could have put him on an intense 2-3 month training schedule of Karate, plus hitting the gym. When they were all teens, him being skinny didn't look like such a mismatch to Johnny / Dutch etc. as they were lean, but now, it looks like even a not ripped William Zabka, would laugh off a hit from Daniel and one punch / kick him in half.

At least with Robbie and Miguel, this time around, both actually look like they know Karate.
Did you watch the original movie. LaRusso wasn't trained proper karate techniques.

He was trained to defend himself via household chores. Wax on wax off, paint the fence, paint the house etc etc.

His skills are meant to look awful, if he has only trained for a short period of time and he has only learned defensive techniques.

In Cobra Kai series, they acknowedged the contrast in styles.
The best defense in Cobra Kai dojo is more offense. While the Miyagi way is being trained not to fight.

Last edited:
On Miyagi and his fighting. It's funny how whoever comes up against him looks as if they've forgotten how to fight all of a sudden. It's like Mitagi possesses some super powers that makes people clueless. Of course it is just a movie and he's meant to be great, but Silver could have put up a better effort than what they showed.

Look at Johnny's moves before he goes to attack Miyagi when he rescues Daniel in 1 also. He basically starts juggling.

Johnny '' the Juggler '' Lawrence. Has a good ring to it.

Hilarious. Good post. Good.....Balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back