Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television
Very true.

The only way I would watch the Terminator series is the first 2 films and then the 2 seasons of The Sarah Connor Chronicles (it needed a season 3 :()
That was a good show and was spewing when it go canceld
The script for s3 is actually online. That s2 cliffhanger was epic. Great series considering the time it was created.

I had some hope back at the time, that they may make s3 or a TV movie to conclude the series, but that was never to be. There was an online petition too to commission it.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The script for s3 is actually online. That s2 cliffhanger was epic. Great series considering the time it was created.

I had some hope back at the time, that they may make s3 or a TV movie to conclude the series, but that was never to be. There was an online petition too to commission it.

It’s a real shame. The series was basically a true Terminator 3 and a real shame it didn’t continue. But I can understand why it didn’t with Game of Thrones beginning Season 1 filming in 2009 and Lena Headey having signed up for that for the next decade.

Incredible how the Karate Kid world has been expanded. The films were good fun but now you can watch the four Miyagi-verse films and then go straight into a sequel type television series which will add 50 episodes and probably more.

It wouldnt surprise if it inspired another franchise to follow in its footsteps in the future.

One important factor in its favour is that the main actors did not go on to become big mega stars which made the decision for them to be a part of this show a lot easier.

It’s a real shame. The series was basically a true Terminator 3 and a real shame it didn’t continue. But I can understand why it didn’t with Game of Thrones beginning Season 1 filming in 2009 and Lena Headey having signed up for that for the next decade.
Just as a heads up, they are actually making Alien into a TV series now.

I have those films on BluRay. Haven’t watched them in a while but I will now. Sounds interesting.
One day I will do the same with the Karate Kid universe.

Though I dont intend to binge watch KK1,2,3,4 and Cobra Kai s1,2,3,4,5,6 in one sitting. :drunk:

Im figuring thats roughly about ~40 hours of viewing at least. Neighbours might call the police if I put up the volume too loud, every time an All Valley Tournament takes place. :$

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
One day I will do the same with the Karate Kid universe.

Though I dont intend to binge watch KK1,2,3,4 and Cobra Kai s1,2,3,4,5,6 in one sitting. :drunk:

Im figuring thats roughly about ~40 hours of viewing at least. Neighbours might call the police if I put up the volume too loud, every time an All Valley Tournament takes place. :$

An interviewer told Ralph Macchio and William Zabka they should do a Season 10 or 15. By that stage they might look like 60 year olds 😂

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit of s5 spoiler, but its not confirmed as yet, but the characters of Miguel and Kreese are potentially unlikely to appear in much of s5 as they have been filiming other shows.

Oh and just as a point of interest in the All Valley Tournament, apparently they did film alternative endings for s4.
Well that explains the complete randomness of miguel wanting to go see his dad.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I remembered an interview a few years back, before s3 was released, they said they had actually mapped out the entire series for s4,5 and 6.

Will be interesting as to how they choose to end this series as it would be an easy task to tie up loose ends.

One thing Im definite about, this series will be rebooted again. Though that will likely take place when the kids "become Daniel and Johnny".
Im 100 percent certain that will not happen. All the karate kid fans will be dead. No nostalgia if your original fan base is dead. As good as this show is there isnt going to be anyone who remembers it in 30 years time.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Halfway through the last episode i was like: what the f*** was the point of bringing silver back. He is a second rate character.

at the end of the episode:

silver is the boss. Think he will make a much better villan then kruese who is just too old.

From a pure martial arts perspective, Silver has better credentials than Kreese. Kreese's fighting scenes are very basic and you can tell there is minimal technique, whereas Silver still has the underlying martial arts skills.

As for their stakes as a villain, Silver tormented Daniel psychologically, and that's what separated him from Kreese in the KK films. I really enjoyed him as a villain in KK3. My favourite bit in the end was the reference to him calling upon old friends while Kreese is away which leads me to think we will see the return of Mike Barnes :D

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Season 4 probably the weakest of all the seasons.

Its comedy just didnt land as well.

the tournament was a bit anti climatic.

the reasons miguel and sam were grumpy all season just felt forced. Wasnt interested in it at all. Just wanted them to snap out of it.

The episode where johnny tries to convince kids to jump a building was just stupid. like really dumb. It could of been a shark jumping moment.

still a solid watch though. But on reflection it was the worst.

dmitri is just a gun fighter now. Why? not enough nerd references from him.

on the plus side the twists have set up the show nicely for another season. When you think there is no more story left it keeps finding a great way to keep the story going.

have to wonder why aisha hasnt become a regular character again. She easily could of been on eagle fang or miyago do this season clearly been some clash with the acter and showrunners.

like that they bought stingray back but nothing really funny came from his inclusion this season unlike in season 2. See comedic writing not being up to scratch.

i like the hawk redemption storyline but it just wasnt implemented as well as it could of been. Likewise the robby one.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
From a pure martial arts perspective, Silver has better credentials than Kreese. Kreese's fighting scenes are very basic and you can tell there is minimal technique, whereas Silver still has the underlying martial arts skills.

As for their stakes as a villain, Silver tormented Daniel psychologically, and that's what separated him from Kreese in the KK films. I really enjoyed him as a villain in KK3. My favourite bit in the end was the reference to him calling upon old friends while Kreese is away which leads me to think we will see the return of Mike Barnes :D
Kresse just also too old to fight. He cant move anymore. Silver can.

Im 100 percent certain that will not happen. All the karate kid fans will be dead. No nostalgia if your original fan base is dead. As good as this show is there isnt going to be anyone who remembers it in 30 years time.
100% certain it will.

Youre assuming that the only fan base is from those that watched the originals at that time in the 80s.

There is whole new generation in the age group of those that watch this in the 80s, that started watching this series inspired by family and or friends that went back to watch the movies.

The current writers will leave a legacy here.

Kresse just also too old to fight. He cant move anymore. Silver can.
If you look very very carefully during his fight scenes you can tell there is a body double in play.

I mean I think they all have a body double, but Kreese especially.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Ive come to the conclusion these showrunners dont know how to direct the tournaments.

they certainly bring out all the fancy moves. They had some nice twists in the story writing of the tournament. The material is there. But they dont know how to build the tension and create the excitement that you would see in a movie. the two final fights should of been amazing (as for the semis) and they werent because of poor directing and a non existent soundtrack.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Mate I thought the comedy was hilarious and it was the best season since the first.
How though? I barely laughed all season. Larussos wife had no funny lines this season. The comedy of johnny being out of date was almost non existent. It carried the show in the first two seasons. Only a couple of jokes early in the season that got a chuckle but no LOL moments. No funny nerd references from Dmitri bar one in the last episode. Stingray had no funny lines.

I felt it was extremely lacking in the comedy.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
100% will happen. I think also that rat pack that he was with will join him, I sure.

The last two main actors we need to see make a return to this universe is Sean Kanan and Hilary Swank. I hope it happens otherwise it would feel like something is missing from the series tbh.

Back