Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a distinct feeling - judging from both the finale in s4 and the general theme of redemption (eg Johnny) - that the end game will be Kreese ultimately working with Daniel and Johnny to defeat Silver and end the feud once and for all. The writers have repeatedly said they have an end in mind and I reckon this would tie things up neatly and complete the redemption/lessons learned theme. I may be way off base but reckon the seeds were sewn in this season with Kreese clearly not comfortable about Silver's confrontation with Johnny as well as the final conversation with Tori in the final. It will all rely on him both reflecting on his deeds in prison and then being released of course but suspect DL and JL may have a hand in that.

Got a sneaky suspicion that we will see a new boss in s5.

Expect these cheap shot words to be echoed again.......

Come on, get up! Get on that line! Get on that line, LaRusso! You're worthless! Your slope teacher's nothing! Get up, man! You're no champion! Get up! You suck, LaRusso! You suck, man! And your teacher's karate is sh*t! You hear me? It's sh*t!

You're a joke, LaRusso! Your karate's a joke and your teacher isn't worth sh*t! He's nothing! He's nothing! And you're nothing! I own you! I own you, LaRusso! Where's your little Jap teacher now, huh? He's a phony, man! He's a fake!
I'm sure Mike Barnes, like Chozen, has probably matured and cooled off some. No way that guy keeps on going like that or he'd be in the slammer next to Dutch.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I have a distinct feeling - judging from both the finale in s4 and the general theme of redemption (eg Johnny) - that the end game will be Kreese ultimately working with Daniel and Johnny to defeat Silver and end the feud once and for all. The writers have repeatedly said they have an end in mind and I reckon this would tie things up neatly and complete the redemption/lessons learned theme. I may be way off base but reckon the seeds were sewn in this season with Kreese clearly not comfortable about Silver's confrontation with Johnny as well as the final conversation with Tori in the final. It will all rely on him both reflecting on his deeds in prison and then being released of course but suspect DL and JL may have a hand in that.

Yes the writers definitely have talked about an "end game" for this series and the entire series has been about redemption, so I expect Kreese to get his as well.

Definitely the bold part is applicable as I noticed the subtle "discomfort" displayed by Kreese (and the lines he said) during these scenes.

Kreese definitely viewed Johnny as a son and Im sure he views Tori as daughter/granddaughter.

Tori's mother intrigues me, but also her father as well. I wonder if they will tie in some connection with the Miyagi universe or not? The writers have always tried to mislead us, so they may end up being just random people along with Miguel's father.

There will definitely be a s5 and s6, whether or not they take this story to s7 and wrap everything up beforehand without it feeling drawn out remains to be seen.

I dont want the quality of this series to wane before we start wishing it ended earlier. I think 3 more seasons is plenty to wrap all the storylines up neatly.

Just as a side note, its is ONLY the year 2019 in s4. So far they have avoided having to deal corona and I dont think they want to deal with that at all, so from a timeline perspective, I think the series will finish in the year ~ 2020 March.

After four seasons they surely would've worked it in by now if Miyagi mentioned Julie to Daniel... He clearly didn't.

Did he ever mention Daniel to her? I'm not watching the movie again to find out.

Well I took one for the team and watched The Next Karate Kid this afternoon. That's two hours I'll never get back, what a stinker. Apparently you can go to a Monk's retreat outside of Boston and learn karate in a couple of weeks if you do a Rocky-style training montage. Anyway, for the record Miyagi does briefly mention Daniel-san to Julie. If her character was written into Cobra Kai it would be a little contrived and unnecessary; maybe just a cameo like Elisabeth Shue.

Well I took one for the team and watched The Next Karate Kid this afternoon. That's two hours I'll never get back, what a stinker. Apparently you can go to a Monk's retreat outside of Boston and learn karate in a couple of weeks if you do a Rocky-style training montage. Anyway, for the record Miyagi does briefly mention Daniel-san to Julie. If her character was written into Cobra Kai it would be a little contrived and unnecessary; maybe just a cameo like Elisabeth Shue.
Did he actually mention Daniel, or a boy he trained in relation to the changing incident?

Didnt Mr Miyagi step into her bedroom while Julie was changing? Or have I got a pr0n video I saw online mixed up here. :drunk:

It is confirmed that the writers have spoken to her for an appearance or episode arc. I presume she may not be in s5 as IIRC her father died around the time it was to begin filming.

So s6 looks likely, which is good when you consider a new character from the past has been added every season.

With s5, we are getting Mike Barnes.

Did he actually mention Daniel, or a boy he trained in relation to the changing incident?

Didnt Mr Miyagi step into her bedroom while Julie was changing? Or have I got a pr0n video I saw online mixed up here. :drunk:

Yes, dirty old Miyagi walked in on Julie changing and later apologised saying "before, live with friend, Daniel-san". Anyway, that as the only mention of him so there's no great connection between the original trilogy and The Next Karate Kid. So long as Jaden Smith doesn't get a cameo it's all good. :D

What I think may have happened also with a new generation is that they may have also watched first the KK movies, the followed with the series as a natural progression.

Not to mention also with the popularity of Cobra Kai Season 4, a lot of viewers late to the game, may have wanted to see what all the hype was about and decided to watch Season 1.

As a fan, its controversial for me to say, but I think I would find Cobra Kai TV series enjoyable if I didnt see the KK movies. The TV series is awesome because of the movies, as a stand alone product it isnt, IMO.

Would be interesting if anyone on here hasnt seen the KK movies but only the series, I highly doubt though.
I've only seen the original Karate Kid movie. None of the sequels. I love the tv show and it hasn't screwed up watching it (this thread plus the flashbacks in the show has helped me identify who people are and how they fit in)

It is confirmed that the writers have spoken to her for an appearance or episode arc. I presume she may not be in s5 as IIRC her father died around the time it was to begin filming.

So s6 looks likely, which is good when you consider a new character from the past has been added every season.

With s5, we are getting Mike Barnes.

The returning characters seem to be coming back in much the same order as the movies.

Kreese returned first. Ali next. Chozen and Kumiko in the same episodes. Silver next up. Mike Barnes will for sure return next before Julie becomes the final Miyagi verse character to hopefully be in CK.

I've only seen the original Karate Kid movie. None of the sequels. I love the tv show and it hasn't screwed up watching it (this thread plus the flashbacks in the show has helped me identify who people are and how they fit in)
Highly recommend KK2 is very watchable and really goes deep with the Miyagi-Daniel relationship. Also the one fight sequence in the entire Miyagi Universe which was a "legit" "Fight to Death".

In KK3, there are times where you want Mike Barnes to win. :$

The returning characters seem to be coming back in much the same order as the movies.

Kreese returned first. Ali next. Chozen and Kumiko in the same episodes. Silver next up. Mike Barnes will for sure return next before Julie becomes the final Miyagi verse character to hopefully be in CK.
Correct.

I was hoping when s4 ended we might see briefly Mike Barnes, which would have been an epic payoff IMO.

I assume Mike Barnes probably has the same posse with him in, Snake (the actor's dad was the director of KK3) and Dennis. (actor also auditioned for Mike Barnes).

From what I can tell dont expect to see Julie in s5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The writers and producers were interviewed recently and asked about the release date.

They basically said its up to Netflix, given how their subscriptions operate etc, its likely to be December again unfortunately.

EDIT - They talked about how Netflix's preference is generally one season per year.

The earliest that it could potentially come out is Summer in the US, which is around July.

Despite the success of s4 and s5 already finished, season 6 is not greenlit as yet. However, s5 has been written with a season 6 in play.

Last edited:

I'm totally up for starting a non stop AC/DC, Bon Jovi, and Guns N Roses gofundme

so these writers thinks your the best is too corny but want thunderstruck, one of the most overused and corniest songs ever recorded? F*** me. its impossible to pump yourself up to thundrstruck.

bon jovi and guns roses i can understand. living on a prayer, paradise city. I can feel. But not acdc. They were terrible.

so these writers thinks your the best is too corny but want thunderstruck, one of the most overused and corniest songs ever recorded? F*** me. its impossible to pump yourself up to thundrstruck.

bon jovi and guns roses i can understand. living on a prayer, paradise city. I can feel. But not acdc. They were terrible.
Excuse me? Johnny got the Dodge painted to Back in Black and it was brilliant.

I'll give you thunderstruck being overused but there's lots more of great AC/DC very appropriate for this show.

The writers don't want to use You're The Best because it will break the immersion too much in favour of member berries.

I've only seen the original Karate Kid movie. None of the sequels.
Im still shocked you havent watched any sequel of the Karate Kid!

Ive decided to make it my duty to teach you drum technique before s5 commences.

Im not sure how you can moderate the Crows board without knowing this. :$

karate-drumroll.gif

Trailer for KK2

Dutch trivia.

There was speculation that Kreese might meet Dutch (Sweep the Leg Johnny KK1) in prison as that was where he was in S2.

The actor's daughter has said in 2021 that he has retired from acting and wont be a part of Cobra Kai. :(

The writers placed him in jail with a hope that he may appear in a future season.

Dutch trivia.

There was speculation that Kreese might meet Dutch (Sweep the Leg Johnny KK1) in prison as that was where he was in S2.

The actor's daughter has said in 2021 that he has retired from acting and wont be a part of Cobra Kai. :(

The writers placed him in jail with a hope that he may appear in a future season.

Kreese and Dutch in prison would have made a great storyline. Not to be, which is a pity because Chad McQueen was great in KK1.

Anyway, he must be loaded; can you imagine how much his Dad's estate would have been worth?

Kreese and Dutch in prison would have made a great storyline. Not to be, which is a pity because Chad McQueen was great in KK1.

Anyway, he must be loaded; can you imagine how much his Dad's estate would have been worth?
Yes he was good in KK1, I think he could have played a decent role in Cobra Kai too.

IIRC his last movie/TV was in 2001.

Yes his father would have been loaded, think of how rich Tom Cruise is, Steve McQueen was that rich. In today's dollars its US $100m.

There might be a small cameo at the end, but I highly doubt that.

EDIT Martin Cove ie Kreese, did apparently try to convince him to come on.

Looking at online source has Chad’s net worth listed as $45M and Steve’s at $30M.

Which begs the question: who was more unhinged, Terry Silver, Mike Barnes, Kreese or Dutch?
If Silver met Dutch I think even he would have thought "man, this dude's evil" :D

Yeah, Dutch was downright psychotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back