Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreese is unhinged.

Kreese is just mean.

Barnes was a mercenary.

Dutch hotwired a golf cart at the country club and drove it in to the lake.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Which begs the question: who was more unhinged, Terry Silver, Mike Barnes, Kreese or Dutch?
If Silver met Dutch I think even he would have thought "man, this dude's evil" :D
Chozen has entered the discussion.

karate-kid-i-know-you-like-it.gif

Looking at online source has Chad’s net worth listed as $45M and Steve’s at $30M.
For Steve that $30M in today 2022 is $100m.

Steve McQueen was an American actor and cultural figure in the 1960s and 1970s. At the time of his death Steve McQueen's net worth was $30 million. That's the same as $100 million in today's dollars.

For Steve that $30M in today 2022 is $100m.

Steve McQueen was an American actor and cultural figure in the 1960s and 1970s. At the time of his death Steve McQueen's net worth was $30 million. That's the same as $100 million in today's dollars.

Oh yeah, Chad would be even more loaded then.

Oh yeah, Chad would be even more loaded then.

Speaking of money, I was curious how much these guys got......

With all due respect, its a lovely pay day considering at the time, they had no career left.

Macchio and Zabka are the two highest-profile actors to appear in Cobra Kai because of their roles in The Karate Kid. Their status as executive producers further increases their salary.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, “Both Ralph and William Zabka, who reprises his role as Johnny, earned a reported $100,000 per episode for the first two seasons, which works out to around $1 million per season per person.”

Karate Kid 3 is a pretty dud movie but Thomas Ian Griffith (Terry Silver) elevates that movie from a 4/10 to a 6/10.

It's great that he's back in Cobra-Kai, because I actually think he's one of the greatest villians I've seen in a movie - largely forgotten about because the movie was forgettable.

If Kreese is the Darth Vader (with what seems to be an upcoming redemption arc) then Silver is the Emperor. He's obscenely rich, highly intelligent, manipulative, charming, good-looking, yet is a complete sociopath with no regard for anyone but himself.

Kreese doesn't have the charm or the guile of Terry Silver. Kreese is really just a brute. Silver has the physical attributes that make him good at Karate, but it's the mental torturing of his victims, whilst maintaining his charm that makes his such an evil villain. In some respects, he is really the ultimate villain, and I've never though that Thomas Ian Griffith ever got the credit he deserved for his over-the-top performance in KK3.

Karate Kid 3 is a pretty dud movie but Thomas Ian Griffith (Terry Silver) elevates that movie from a 4/10 to a 6/10.

It's great that he's back in Cobra-Kai, because I actually think he's one of the greatest villians I've seen in a movie - largely forgotten about because the movie was forgettable.

If Kreese is the Darth Vader (with what seems to be an upcoming redemption arc) then Silver is the Emperor. He's obscenely rich, highly intelligent, manipulative, charming, good-looking, yet is a complete sociopath with no regard for anyone but himself.

Kreese doesn't have the charm or the guile of Terry Silver. Kreese is really just a brute. Silver has the physical attributes that make him good at Karate, but it's the mental torturing of his victims, whilst maintaining his charm that makes his such an evil villain. In some respects, he is really the ultimate villain, and I've never though that Thomas Ian Griffith ever got the credit he deserved for his over-the-top performance in KK3.
After the pivotal scene with him and Kreese late in the finale, I fully expected him to throw his head back laughing as lightning flashed in the background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of money, I was curious how much these guys got......

With all due respect, its a lovely pay day considering at the time, they had no career left.

Macchio and Zabka are the two highest-profile actors to appear in Cobra Kai because of their roles in The Karate Kid. Their status as executive producers further increases their salary.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, “Both Ralph and William Zabka, who reprises his role as Johnny, earned a reported $100,000 per episode for the first two seasons, which works out to around $1 million per season per person.”

Both have reluanched thier careers can see both Ralph and Zabka in other movies or tv series

I'm down with a Kreese redemption arc

The show seems to be heading that way with now Terry being the ultimate villian

I love how KK clarifies that Silver was off his nut on cocaine in KK3 - Totally explains his over the top bat s**t crazy behavior - master stroke from the writers

Another cracking season, what a show. Thought maybe we didn't get enough classic quips from Johnny but looking over this thread yeah, they were there - "looking for under 18 girls", "whats an uber" and "you went straight through? Thats bullshit!" all great. Also enjoyed his inclusion of automatic transmission in his list of things that make you less of a man :tearsofjoy:

Thought the tournament was done really well, last girls fight I really had no idea who was gonna win. Yeah you can argue if Miyagi-do win no more series, but Kreese would just not honour the deal or pretend some technicality or something. Decent swerve with Silver paying off the ref too, I was nearly out of my seat for that no point/out of bounds call against Sam lol

Daniel and Johnny learning each others' karate also a highlight.

...when we were seeing all the stuff with the new kid Kenny and Anthony but using that as the catalyst for Robbie seeing himself and what Kreese does was a great payoff.

Yeah same, for about 3 episodes I was thinking why are they introducing this new kid and taking time away from the core cast, but they nailed the payoff.
They even killed the super emotional scenes. First with Johnny and Miguel after Terry kicked his ass and Johnny said he really wanted to be his dad only to reveal he thought it was Robbie. Both actors nailed that scene. And the final scene between Johnny and Robbie was great too. Was really happy for Johnny there, but poor Miguel. Im sure that will be resolved next season though.

Oh man, that Miguel and Johnny scene :(

I'm not crying, you're crying!

If you guys were wondering why a scene from the training montage looked unfamiliar, well

The original The Karate Kid script includes two confrontations between Daniel and Johnny that were eventually cut from the film. The first takes place in the school cafeteria, just after Daniel has bought lunch for Ali. Seeing them about to take a seat, Johnny hurries over just in time to sneak a piece of blueberry pie onto Daniel’s chair. Standing up with his pants covered in blueberries, Daniel is equal parts embarrassed and livid. In a brave act of revenge, Daniel smears what is left of the pie across Johnny’s shirt and mayhem ensues. A photo from this scene can be found on the back of the B.B. Hiller novelization of The Karate Kid.

I guess the footage exists and not just a photo. It’s not on the KK BluRay that I have as a bonus feature.
So dope!

No need for Julie. That movie was terrible and I would say most don’t consider that flick part of the franchise.

A bit like the chick Ghostbusters abomination.
Producers have said The Next Karate Kid is canon I believe, so yeah she'll turn up at some stage you'd think.

I better watch it properly I guess, still haven't seen it all the way through.

Lets all be grateful that she is in her 20s but portraying a high school teen.

Made Sam look so vanilla.
Haha yep. That scene where she's in the dressing room starting her new job, I thought she was stripping and was like wait how old are these kids supposed to be!?

If you look very very carefully during his fight scenes you can tell there is a body double in play.

I mean I think they all have a body double, but Kreese especially.
Yep, it was noticeable that Thomas Ian Griffith had a lot more full body shots where you could see it was actually him doing the moves.

I have a distinct feeling - judging from both the finale in s4 and the general theme of redemption (eg Johnny) - that the end game will be Kreese ultimately working with Daniel and Johnny to defeat Silver and end the feud once and for all. The writers have repeatedly said they have an end in mind and I reckon this would tie things up neatly and complete the redemption/lessons learned theme. I may be way off base but reckon the seeds were sewn in this season with Kreese clearly not comfortable about Silver's confrontation with Johnny as well as the final conversation with Tori in the final. It will all rely on him both reflecting on his deeds in prison and then being released of course but suspect DL and JL may have a hand in that.
Would be an amazing feat to turn John Kreese into a sympathetic character. I reckon these writers can do it though.

100% will happen. I think also that rat pack that he was with will join him, I sure.

Snake!

If you wanna be a bad boy in LA, Snake's the boy to be bad with!!

Cobra Kai S4 iin 1st position is leading Cobra Kai S1 in 8th place. :drunk:

View attachment 1306809

Utterly amazing when you think this show started off as kinda a joke on YouTube Red.

I love how KK clarifies that Silver was off his nut on cocaine in KK3 - Totally explains his over the top bat sh*t crazy behavior - master stroke from the writers

I laughed my ass off after that line, “hopped up on coke”pretty much summed up Hollywood in the 80s

Need to get the score soundtrack for seasons 3 and 4, 1 and 2 is excellent, and these newer ones sure sounded good in the show. Probably it's most underrated aspect. ******* goat composing. The way it blends traditional orchestra film scoring, rock, heavy metal, synthpop, oriental themes, and probably others I'm forgetting. Just works in so many different styles of music and it's never out of place.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back