2nds Coburg Tigers - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the wrap up Guru :)

How did Piva play? Read earlier in the thread that he kicked 2 goals, was he playing up forward?

Also, was Griffiths moving okay? Any strapping on the shoulders or did he seem unhindered?

Any opinion on how Arnot played?

And finally, what would be your changes to the team for next week based on what you saw today and last night (assuming you saw the Collingwood game)?

Cheers mate!
did not watch the early match so did not see piva play griff got better the game went on moved well took 2 big marks arnot did some really nice things big improvement on last 2 weeks will get better with each game he plays,,, white and maric and maybe webbers to caome in for king ,, jacko,, abd edwards

Piva didn't play at all guys, he's out for two weeks

Verrier and Turner played the development game, both were solid, but unspectacular

Really liked McGuane and Griffiths, led well from the back, White and Webberley were as consistent as ever, and Graham took a couple of nice grabs.

Love the Maric brothers combo, there's almost no chance of it next time out though, Addam has to go back to the seniors

O'Hanlon's still quite a way off, Elton did ok but still is raw, Dea was better than last week, but that's not that hard....and Arnot was good, not quite first team ready, Webbers and White would be the first to come into the mids, but he's showing a lot of good fight

I'm just excited this team knows how to win, they tried to lose it in the last...but luckily had a big enough margin

the first half was a little bit like the first half at the g last night, very scrappy lots of dropped marks missed hoals smothered kicks lots of ballups not very attractive first half.we controlled ruck with gus and browny well on top white and webbers were the recipient of our good rucks,,darou mcguane post dea and griff were all servicable down back , both marics looked dangerous ,,,,,

second half much better spectacle big bad gus was excellent ramming it down whites throat as we started to gain momentum and run the ball with precision from center clearances and also from defence,, we had great link ups with handball and long kicking to forward line...We were kicking into stiff breeze in 3rd quarter ,, probably should of kicked more goals some players were a little to selfish but will get better
best players in 3rd quarter-- graham--white--webberly--jordan--brown--rayson highlight big gus goal from boundrt line in dead pocket ...

4th quarter 1st 10 minutes we had ball on string but could not quite buy a goal.. then we kicked 3 quickly both marics white webberly and gus very prevelent in these goals lots of desperation great tackles and smothers coburg really wanted this one.Was really impressed with dea , ohanlon, and elton , the last 2 beautiful long kicks with dea taking 2 great marks in defensive 50 , griff got better as game went on just about all richmond listed players were good if i was a betting man i would put my money on griff rather than posty becoming a fulll time defender....webbers was excellent but tries to do to much with the ball if he tries that at senior level he will get caught ,, he is to good to play at coburg not sure if he is good enough to be a regular richmond player,,,, wa really happy with gus and whitey thought they were 2 best players,, if i can think of anything else i will if not aslk me any question cheers guru

Thanks a lot mate.

Anything to say about Post? Cheers.

Thanks a lot mate.

Anything to say about Post? Cheers.
thanks hard to judge posty he was caught out behind his opponent and somehow managed to get the ball due to poor skills by sandy players if he played like that in seniors the kicks would hit and his opponent would kick a bag ... when balled was kicked in long to a pack he looks more comfortable took 2 nice big pack marks he just lacks urgency and is not desperate enough ,, how bad doe he really want to be a afl player ???? really like little nick maric adams little brother he is very talented

Piva didn't play at all guys, he's out for two weeks

Verrier and Turner played the development game, both were solid, but unspectacular

Really liked McGuane and Griffiths, led well from the back, White and Webberley were as consistent as ever, and Graham took a couple of nice grabs.

Love the Maric brothers combo, there's almost no chance of it next time out though, Addam has to go back to the seniors

O'Hanlon's still quite a way off, Elton did ok but still is raw, Dea was better than last week, but that's not that hard....and Arnot was good, not quite first team ready, Webbers and White would be the first to come into the mids, but he's showing a lot of good fight

I'm just excited this team knows how to win, they tried to lose it in the last...but luckily had a big enough margin
lovely work guru, great to see your optimism in the game
hoping your reflection on white, graham, maric and webberley will help them push for selection.
although im skeptical about webberley's disposal

thanks hard to judge posty he was caught out behind his opponent and somehow managed to get the ball due to poor skills by sandy players if he played like that in seniors the kicks would hit and his opponent would kick a bag ... when balled was kicked in long to a pack he looks more comfortable took 2 nice big pack marks he just lacks urgency and is not desperate enough ,, how bad doe he really want to be a afl player ???? really like little nick maric adams little brother he is very talented

Posty is an excellent mark of the ball. Rancey needs to force the urgency into Post. Post needs to get angry. He has the skills. He's a slow developer but I have alot of hope he'll get there. Hope Griffiths gets a game soon too. Hopefully Post or Griffiths come back in this week or next. The best way to make them better at afl level is to keep playing them

Posty is an excellent mark of the ball. Rancey needs to force the urgency into Post. Post needs to get angry. He has the skills. He's a slow developer but I have alot of hope he'll get there. Hope Griffiths gets a game soon too. Hopefully Post or Griffiths come back in this week or next. The best way to make them better at afl level is to keep playing them
you're basically suggesting to gift post games

Thanks again mate.

To me, Posty just doesn't seem to have "grown up", in a way. He's happy to be doing the things which don't require him to be judged against another player. He'll fly for a pack mark, where it's everyone for themselves. He's usually quite ok receiving the ball in space and kicking to the next line. His basic skills are really quite good. But when he is in a one on one contested situation, and all eyes are on him, he just doesn't have the confidence to back himself and expect to win the contest. Pretty much just goes to water. Not sure if he's ever going to get past that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hold a lot of hope re- post or griffiths. It would be nice if one showed something but time is running out.

Post has played, what 20 games? And Griffiths maybe 10?

They're both young KPP. They need time.

Post is surely taking his, but not fair to write off Griffo just yet, he's not had a clear run without injury. Would like to see him in the seniors sooner rather than later.

Got to the game at quarter time yesterday so didn't get the full picture but from what I saw, the only player who did enough to get a call up was A Maric. He spent a bit of time playing through the middle and was pretty busy. Although the team played pretty well, I was a bit disappointed that no Richmond listed players really dominated especially key position players.

Other little tidbits from my perspective:
• Arnot did some nice things but wasn't involved for long enough or often enough
• Graham pleasantly surprised me by doing some nice things. Kicked a ripping goal and took a few strong marks. Looks a lot leaner this season. Hopefully it influences his footy in a positive way.
• White and Webberley were both busy and did some nice things but also did some silly things and at other times did things that they simply won't get away with at the top level. I still suspect one of them will get a call up given the form of a few blokes in the senior team. Webberley would be favourite for me.
• Dea did a few nice things and should (and will) be persisted with. Got a fair bit of mongrel in him too really giving it to opposition players a few times. Not ready for a call up however.
• Post is a real concern for me. Had/have really high hopes for this bloke but his confidence appears completely shot. When he doesn't have to think about things, he's ok and took a couple of really nice contested marks but dropped an absolute dolly under no pressure and didn't look great in one on one contests. I like this kid so really hope he can get it together.

That'll do. Was just nice to get out to suburban ground sitting on the grass, drinking full strength beer and seeing a Tiger team win...even if they nearly did cough it up. Will be doing it more often this year!

Addam Maric shouldnt have been dropped last week- Yes he wasn't the best on the ground but he has skills and a cool head.. I question his finishing but I am sorry- he is a better player then Shane Edwards.
There are players in that coburg side that should be exposed to AFL football so they can continue to develop

Got to the game at quarter time yesterday so didn't get the full picture but from what I saw, the only player who did enough to get a call up was A Maric. He spent a bit of time playing through the middle and was pretty busy. Although the team played pretty well, I was a bit disappointed that no Richmond listed players really dominated especially key position players.

Other little tidbits from my perspective:
• Arnot did some nice things but wasn't involved for long enough or often enough
• Graham pleasantly surprised me by doing some nice things. Kicked a ripping goal and took a few strong marks. Looks a lot leaner this season. Hopefully it influences his footy in a positive way.
• White and Webberley were both busy and did some nice things but also did some silly things and at other times did things that they simply won't get away with at the top level. I still suspect one of them will get a call up given the form of a few blokes in the senior team. Webberley would be favourite for me.
• Dea did a few nice things and should (and will) be persisted with. Got a fair bit of mongrel in him too really giving it to opposition players a few times. Not ready for a call up however.
• Post is a real concern for me. Had/have really high hopes for this bloke but his confidence appears completely shot. When he doesn't have to think about things, he's ok and took a couple of really nice contested marks but dropped an absolute dolly under no pressure and didn't look great in one on one contests. I like this kid so really hope he can get it together.

That'll do. Was just nice to get out to suburban ground sitting on the grass, drinking full strength beer and seeing a Tiger team win...even if they nearly did cough it up. Will be doing it more often this year!

Thanks johnno :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back