Injury Cockatoo thumb injury - out for a month

Remove this Banner Ad

We kicked over 100 points and Nakia contributed a goal, not to mention in their fledgling careers so far both Menegola and Lang average more goals a game than Nakia. So I don't see Nakia's absence as a drastic loss of goals. Personally I'd pick Menegola as he can kick a goal, can get the ball and allows other mids like Danger and Duncan to drift forward to kick a goal.
All good points.

I broke my scaphoid twice in 6 weeks...first game back from the the first break..... did it again. Docs in the end just left it to heal itself...a common injury usually occurring when you fall forward with hand outstretched.

Has it been suggested its a scaphoid? My recollection was it was below the thumb and the fracture was described more generally as a broken wrist rather than a broken thumb.

Whatever....we won't be seeing Cockatoo for a while.
Don't think it is a scaphoid, just replying to the post that that there are no naviculars in the area!

Disappointing loss but hopefully back in 3 weeks. Gives an opportunity for someone else to play that pressure role. Cockatoo doesnt get the ball a hell of a lot but is valued more for the pressure he creates so it will be interesting if they go for similar (e.g Bews' new role) or give Lang/Menegola a chance. Doubt Guthrie will be ready.

This has really taken the post-win spring out of my step.....Obviously not disastrous from the team point of view but he really needs continuity of games to take his game to next level.

There will be some melts when Jed Bews replaces him.

This has really taken the post-win spring out of my step.....Obviously not disastrous from the team point of view but he really needs continuity of games to take his game to next level.

If they brought Bews in this week, I would probably rather it be to play on Lovable Lindsay and not in our forward line.

I reckon it will be Menegola - think we will give Menegola and GHS significant midfield minutes this week allowing Danger to play forward for stretches of the game.

I reckon it will be Menegola - think we will give Menegola and GHS significant midfield minutes this week allowing Danger to play forward for stretches of the game.

The quality of our depth mids will be vital in 2017. We did very well v the Dockers which allowed Danger to play forward and hit the scoreboard.
Personally if we can win with Dangerwood getting mid 20 disposals it means the likes of Duncan ,GHS, Menegola , Guthrie, Cocky , Lang and Mots have made the most of their midfield time.
I liked the way we performed in congestion , looked far more cohesive than 2016 - exciting stuff

Okay, then why should he come in?
1 match back from injury and 4th best. Is that really enough to move past some others that played JLT?
I think he offers a special mix- great runner, nice long kick, smart, hard, very good mark, he is a real footballer. Stood out at Eastern and with maturity physically, will be another Mackie. Reading posts on BF, that could be frowned upon, but imho, Mackie has been a gem. And, he likes a goal now and again. So if he is fit, he provides a lot more than those who made up the numbers in JLT, and have not impressed. Just my 5c worth.

I think he offers a special mix- great runner, nice long kick, smart, hard, very good mark, he is a real footballer. Stood out at Eastern and with maturity physically, will be another Mackie. Reading posts on BF, that could be frowned upon, but imho, Mackie has been a gem. And, he likes a goal now and again. So if he is fit, he provides a lot more than those who made up the numbers in JLT, and have not impressed. Just my 5c worth.
I know there are a few that watch vfl much more than I who rave about him and to survive the great rookie cull of 2016 (only one to do so) suggests they see something.

Just don't see them doing it and think that Bews/Lang/Menegola are the ones to choose from. Hell, if we're picking a rookie to play then Zuthrie please (I know they're different players).

I know there are a few that watch vfl much more than I who rave about him and to survive the great rookie cull of 2016 (only one to do so) suggests they see something.

Just don't see them doing it and think that Bews/Lang/Menegola are the ones to choose from. Hell, if we're picking a rookie to play then Zuthrie please (I know they're different players).
I think if Parsons had've had a full preseason he might be a chance but he would still be fairly short of a gallop you would think. But as you say, for him to be the only rookie kept on shows that they rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back