Cockburn firming up

Remove this Banner Ad

East Fremantle played at Fremantle Oval before South Fremantle!

The moving of both clubs back to sharing the ground would be the best thing for WA football. Realign the ground so the old stand is on the boundary and both clubs should get spiffing new digs. Back to the old days - although not to stage where each club got half the ground each to train in!
I know the history and I know the mood around the club. It will happen and it will be a sad day.
A lot of this started when the Fremantle council was going to merger with EF council. Fremantle council (yes before it had any right to do so.) had told the club it was moving as soon as it was possible.

I know the history and I know the mood around the club. It will happen and it will be a sad day.
A lot of this started when the Fremantle council was going to merger with EF council. Fremantle council (yes before it had any right to do so.) had told the club it was moving as soon as it was possible.

Sorry I don't understand

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry I don't understand

When the Barnett government tried to organised the mergers of almost every council in the metro area, Freo council was to merge with EF council. This obviously did not happen. But forward planning was done.
I believe that club was told once the marger happened east would be moved as soon as possible.

When do we start training officially at the new location? Is it March this year, if I remember correctly?
Your memory serves you well.

I do wonder if it might unsettle the boys just before the season starts - new venue, new surface, new routines, etc. Hope it's early March so there's a few weeks grace.

Your memory serves you well.

I do wonder if it might unsettle the boys just before the season starts - new venue, new surface, new routines, etc. Hope it's early March so there's a few weeks grace.
Thanks. Thought it was mentioned somewhere. I'd imagine it would be a positive, optimistic time given the ground, clubrooms and lockers are brand new compared to the outdated Freo Oval. So much like opening a box of new shoes - that freshness and excitement around the club would be great.

Not sure if anyone is interested but the new WC facilities at Lathlain Park is on my dog walk. The ground is open for a gym so you can get a close look inside.

The grass is growing on the old Lathlain oval but is still very sparse as the ground was seeded.

You can now clearly see the oval set up for the Wiggles (the old car park) and it looks like that oval may have just been seeded as it was being watered.

All infrastructure at the ground apart from the main grandstand and a small stand behind one goal of Lathlain oval has been removed. No new building has started but the new area for the new facilities for WC are now clearly marked out - close to the roundabout

It has a long way to go and according to my son who looked up the proposal everything appears to be for WC and very little for the community, oh well no surprise there.

Hard to imagine that the setup would be anywhere close to the size of our Cockburn development.

If anyone gives a damn I will update occasionally.

Thanks. Thought it was mentioned somewhere. I'd imagine it would be a positive, optimistic time given the ground, clubrooms and lockers are brand new compared to the outdated Freo Oval. So much like opening a box of new shoes - that freshness and excitement around the club would be great.
New shoes can give blisters at first though. Anyway, that'll be my excuse if we lose a few early games - the players are distracted

Not sure if anyone is interested but the new WC facilities at Lathlain Park is on my dog walk. The ground is open for a gym so you can get a close look inside.

The grass is growing on the old Lathlain oval but is still very sparse as the ground was seeded.

You can now clearly see the oval set up for the Wiggles (the old car park) and it looks like that oval may have just been seeded as it was being watered.

All infrastructure at the ground apart from the main grandstand and a small stand behind one goal of Lathlain oval has been removed. No new building has started but the new area for the new facilities for WC are now clearly marked out - close to the roundabout

It has a long way to go and according to my son who looked up the proposal everything appears to be for WC and very little for the community, oh well no surprise there.

Hard to imagine that the setup would be anywhere close to the size of our Cockburn development.

Drop some double gees down. And maybe some walkway bur. They are campaigners as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New shoes might be fresh and exciting, but they're s**t to exercise in until they're worn in.

Its a $65M development unlike our Cockburn facility which is in excess of about $110M. I live in Mars St Carlisle so I have been watching the development with interest.

I heard the mayor of Cockburn on 882 today and he said that the administration staff move in first in February and then the players will move in there in the first week of March.

Interesting though that the mayor was not the radio to discuss the new training facilities, he was on there to discuss Lucius Manning and Davilak House.

Back in my day we called that area the Spearwood ruins.......Cue any related ghost stories on here............

26437d6ac0d629d809cca46fb1200252.jpg

51ac72e4cdb2847f9949fd38f5ab08a7.jpg

a93db6d999375774e446203bde465350.jpg

4e4de1418148932df077413bd24ca6d1.jpg

e4d6f716323e6c60af7613f88b6b385c.jpg

3c5284ae25bacb1a19eeca56dc9f9a51.jpg

6f9cc08a6241dae6b25fd1568bf89e19.jpg

ac90a83940e509c7a65de9b79970fcda.jpg

d22b25e3609aca8c55390795f8ccbdb3.jpg

a5fe75c077dd1f5a3ed2d8fda82884a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad