Cockburn firming up

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait a couple of years and buy one of the apartments that will border the oval - won't have to get out of bed or even put pants on to write a report/live stream for us !
Spying out of a window with binoculars and no pants on, totally legit

Who's cursing? I laughed because the concept of a super computer is such an old-fashioned idea and because you couldn't buy s**t in the way of what might be classed as a super computer these days for $3M. It's the current day equivalent of bragging about owning a Trash-80.

Ok captain technical, it's actually a bank of servers and some sort of wi-fi terminal. Tech is not an area of interest or expertise of mine so I switched off to the detailed description of it when explained to me But enterprise is and this has the ability to derive revenue from every single person in a 5k plus radius of the site that has a mobile device.
And $3 mill doesn't buy you much hey ? I guess when you $hit 100's like you do 3 mills a drop.
Are you bankers brother ??

It's like moving your young family from the inner city to Ellenbrook. You know it's the right move and you need the extra space for things to work. But it doesn't help with the pain of leaving the past and joys that come with it behind.

Dale Alcock being who he is, I wonder whether they bought some land surrounding the precinct to develop into player rentals etc. I hope they haven't set in motion to end up being landlocked and unable to expand as needed.

The second oval being finished now and see Unique name's previous post re size. Facts dont mean a lot to you? Rosich had a yarn to us the other day and mentioned there was no way the area at Freo was big enough. Blind Freddy could work that out but Reg is blind in other ways. No matter what the present admin do its wrong.
Reg is getting that desert air in Cue get to his brain and limiting his thinking.

I see the shithole claimed one more victim on Sunday.
My heart was in my mouth during the entire scratch match yesterday.
So will you still call it a shithole when your beloved Old Easts shift to Freo Oval and away from that Moss Street crapp hole.

Its all well and good saying what they have now is way bigger than whatever they were going to have at Freo but remember most of those Cockburn facilities have to be shared with the community. I am not so sure if they are going to have complete privacy everywhere.
The other thing is that the eagles at their new facility and freo at freo would have way more autonomy over their facilities.

Last edited:
Its all well and good saying what they have now is way bigger than whatever they were going to have at Freo but remember most of those Cockburn facilities have to be shared with the community. I am not so sure if they are going to have complete privacy everywhere.
The other thing is that the eagles at their new facility and freo at freo would have way more autonomy over their facilities.

My understanding is that all but one pool (for doing laps in) and the indoor basketball gym (Dockers will need to book that area) is for exclusive use of the Fremantle players. Of course, if the players want to go down the water slides, they will have to share with the public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Be like the Eagles. A big new building next to a delapidated old stand and woeful amenities of Perth, and the upgrade for those facilities have no funding. Already the Perth womens team has been kicked out, although they were only allowed to play at Lathlain and are looking for a ground to play with no promise of ever being allowed back. We pay for this stuff and while the football club have rights a facility that benefits the community and supports the community is better than what the Eagles are giving.

Souless to sharing with public football club :oops:.

and then ............

How many times do people more informed than you ( I.e not guessing) have to state that there is next to zero shared facilities ???
Can you not read ?
There is 1 indoor lap pool that can be shared if the Freo players want a longer pool to swim in.
1 lap pool shared.
6,000 sqm facility
Yep - that's a definitate disadvantage to FFC and a complete invasion of privacy.
damn me there are some ignorant posters on this thread

How many times do people more informed than you ( I.e not guessing) have to state that there is next to zero shared facilities ???
Can you not read ?
There is 1 indoor lap pool that can be shared if the Freo players want a longer pool to swim in.
1 lap pool shared.
6,000 sqm facility
Yep - that's a definitate disadvantage to FFC and a complete invasion of privacy.
Damn me there are some ignorant posters on this thread

Freagles jealous of Freo's facility.;) The Eagles facility is second rate in comparison. Hard for the Eagles supporters to swallow that.

Freagles jealous of Freo's facility.;) The Eagles facility is second rate in comparison. Hard for the Eagles supporters to swallow that.
The building of the Eagles facility except for their Oval and revamp of the Perth Demons Oval hasnt commenced yet. I drive past it every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back